FA 31mm F1.8

Thanks for your concern. I am a noob in Pentax lenses except the K35f2 and K135f2.5. Just need to know the differences, if any between the FAL and DAL. When I get my K5, I will try it out with my current 2 lenses to give me some idea of their rendering. I am used to them on my Canon FF and I feel there will be quite huge differences. I also intend to convert my existing Zeiss Contax lenses, especially my 85f1.4 to K with the Leitax mount. Anyway, glad that all of you are so helpful. It's going to be quite a drastic change for me and I will surely be extra careful. Thanks once again.

No prob. Just know your preference, so better to let you have a heads up. :)

Just try the lens yesterday. Here the pic. Sorry my house quite messy.:embrass:

IMGP3950-3.JPG

The FA31 is a beautiful lens. I'm still waiting for someone to sell a silver one in BnS so that it can keep my FA77 company :) But seriously, other than completing the FA limited trio set, does it make sense to get the FA43 as well, if one already has the FA31 and a fast 50mm?

The FA31 is a beautiful lens. I'm still waiting for someone to sell a silver one in BnS so that it can keep my FA77 company :) But seriously, other than completing the FA limited trio set, does it make sense to get the FA43 as well, if one already has the FA31 and a fast 50mm?

Yes, whence you try the FA43 on your ZX-L with some film, you'd love the lens better than the other two FA limiteds ;p

Yeah, I know 43mm is the most natural focal length for film, like 31mm or 35mm on aps-c, but I'm trying to find a cure for my LBA. Don't think the FA43 would offer a much wider field of view compared to the 50mm, although it provides autofocus and a nice 49mm filter size that matches my FA77 and DFA 100 WR. Could I borrow your FA43 during the Chinatown outing to get a feel of the lens? :)

i using FA 43mm f/1.9.. As always the Limiteds. Would like to try on 31mm next time!;p
IMGP4671.jpg

Last edited:
How much is the FA 31 Limited at Sim Lim? Thinking of getting one in time for CNY.