FA 31mm F1.8

Thanks. So it's like Canon's EF and EF-S and Nikon's Fx and Dx lenses. FA can be used on "full frame" whereas DA is more for APS-C. Apart from built, what about IQ on current range of DSLRs, like the K5, which is in my scope right now.

IQ wise the DA limiteds are excellent too, all of them. But they are overall a bit slower than the FA limiteds. I kinda miss the DA15, DA35macro and DA21. These are what the FA limiteds can't replace.

If I were you, I'd get the K5, plus DA15, DA21, DA35 macro and DA70. This would be a very good and compact combo.

Zeiss already stopped production for PK-mount...:cry:
Precisely! There are still some "left on the shelves" and I don't foresee that they'll last more than a few more months. They are also currently steeply discounted compared to their Nikon and Canon counterparts.

Congrats on your purchase. It's a beautiful lens to hold and shoot with :D

Precisely! There are still some "left on the shelves" and I don't foresee that they'll last more than a few more months. They are also currently steeply discounted compared to their Nikon and Canon counterparts.

Are the shelves in Singapore ? Where ?? Not that I need another lens :bsmilie:

Those who are interested in the ZK's can pm me.

IQ wise the DA limiteds are excellent too, all of them. But they are overall a bit slower than the FA limiteds. I kinda miss the DA15, DA35macro and DA21. These are what the FA limiteds can't replace.

If I were you, I'd get the K5, plus DA15, DA21, DA35 macro and DA70. This would be a very good and compact combo.

Thanks and I will keep your suggestion in mind when the time comes.

I've owned a FA43, but also considering to complete the princess series.

But given the focal length is similar comparing 31 to 43 to 77, what is the consideration of taking whichever lens out to shoot (Especially FA31 vs FA43)?

I've owned a FA43, but also considering to complete the princess series.

But given the focal length is similar comparing 31 to 43 to 77, what is the consideration of taking whichever lens out to shoot (Especially FA31 vs FA43)?
FA43 is a little tight indoors. Both render rather differently, especially in terms of the bokeh.

I also made my 1st step yesterday.....I got my first fa limited the fa 77

If I strike lucky draw, these 3 lens will be in the list. For now, just act like they never exist in my world. XD

Thanks and I will keep your suggestion in mind when the time comes.

Frankly, for your style and preferences of looking at bokeh and rendering, you'd need to look up samples from Flickr or PentaxForums (for direct tests).
I'd be hard otherwise for other ppl to tell you their level of satisfaction for either series of lenses.

Frankly, for your style and preferences of looking at bokeh and rendering, you'd need to look up samples from Flickr or PentaxForums (for direct tests).
I'd be hard otherwise for other ppl to tell you their level of satisfaction for either series of lenses.

+1 to this, Pentax OOF doesn't appeal to everybody...

Anthony has all the bokeh lenses already, he just needs a small and compact setup for travel and walkabout ;)

Thanks for your concern. I am a noob in Pentax lenses except the K35f2 and K135f2.5. Just need to know the differences, if any between the FAL and DAL. When I get my K5, I will try it out with my current 2 lenses to give me some idea of their rendering. I am used to them on my Canon FF and I feel there will be quite huge differences. I also intend to convert my existing Zeiss Contax lenses, especially my 85f1.4 to K with the Leitax mount. Anyway, glad that all of you are so helpful. It's going to be quite a drastic change for me and I will surely be extra careful. Thanks once again.

OT a bit, I noticed FA 77 renders warmer color on my cam. Is it normal?