F1 - Whats up with Williams F1? The end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Alonso fan but like all I think the season is a closed with Alonso, the driver Champ. Mclaren still have a shot in the constructors tho" :)

damian77 said:
Not Alonso fan but like all I think the season is a closed with Alonso, the driver Champ. Mclaren still have a shot in the constructors tho" :)

don't really like him... he is very much like a robot. :bsmilie:

tao said:
don't really like him... he is very much like a robot. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: must be the way he talk during press conference.

Kimi worse still. The way he speaks during press conference is like citing prayers. LOL

sammy888 said:
Think next year's F1 will be very interesting....just hope there will be no weird rule change.

How many here are in favour of the no tire change rulling for this year? I thot it would have been better to change their tire at least one time.

That's the rule I hated most. Take aways most of the excitment in the pit lane. :angry:

:think: Wonder what other rule can Bernie think of to "cut cost". 1.6L 4 Cylinder In-line? :bsmilie:

damian77 said:
That's the rule I hated most. Take aways most of the excitment in the pit lane. :angry:

:think: Wonder what other rule can Bernie think of to "cut cost". 1.6L 4 Cylinder In-line? :bsmilie:

bwahahahah...... 1.6L 4 Cylinder Inline ferrari? Baby Ferarri for Grannies...hahahah...

But seriously...cut cost for who? I have not done a statistic count but I think this year more cars crashed or gone out of control due to balding tires. Especially tracks that favours one kind of turn more then the other ( a lot of left turns or alot of right turns ) or newer tracks...they cause quite abit of lope sided wear or drastic wear.

And how about those pit crew...they got the tire changing ritual down to an art form. Took years to train and get ready. I ever lifted one of those F1 type tire and it is HEAVY and not easy to handle. And you see them move it about like some pillow. And now, they are out of a job. Bummer man.

Now, the only thing going for the pitstop scene is to see how many seconds they stop to gauge the amount of fuel-to-lap they have gotten into the tank! Wow...so exciting heheheh...

I reckon they should then have some Race Queens get into the act...get four of them to come out holding a thermometer each to check the tire temperature..bending over. :)

Joe N.M said:
Kimi worse still. The way he speaks during press conference is like citing prayers. LOL

Yeah seriously can't hear what they're talking during press conference. Only can understand Jenson button speaking cuz he's a english man :bsmilie:

sammy888 said:
bwahahahah...... 1.6L 4 Cylinder Inline ferrari? Baby Ferarri for Grannies...hahahah...

But seriously...cut cost for who? I have not done a statistic count but I think this year more cars crashed or gone out of control due to balding tires. Especially tracks that favours one kind of turn more then the other ( a lot of left turns or alot of right turns ) or newer tracks...they cause quite abit of lope sided wear or drastic wear.

And how about those pit crew...they got the tire changing ritual down to an art form. Took years to train and get ready. I ever lifted one of those F1 type tire and it is HEAVY and not easy to handle. And you see them move it about like some pillow. And now, they are out of a job. Bummer man.

Now, the only thing going for the pitstop scene is to see how many seconds they stop to gauge the amount of fuel-to-lap they have gotten into the tank! Wow...so exciting heheheh...

I reckon they should then have some Race Queens get into the act...get four of them to come out holding a thermometer each to check the tire temperature..bending over. :)

It's already been a rather sad news when they announce engine change to V8 starting from next year. 200bhp down compare to V10 is alot. And some of the teams say they can work with lesser crew, say 100 to 60ppl? Everything is cutting cost, yes i would say every year the F1 teams could spend billions but that's one of the reason y i'm so keen and a fan of F1. It

It's really hard to say lo... 1.6L 4 Cylinder is possible! :sweatsm: If i'm not wrong the tickets price is kinda high yeah? Btw did anyone watch F1 Sepang before?

Joe N.M said:
As for me, I am looking it a race excitement point of view. But if you are looking at the car maunufacture point of view, then I must say that its no good.

For us, I think we are just spectators and we wanted our favourite sports to be fun to watch and excite. And thats where ppl like Sato makes things happen.

Well as for next year, we cannot forsee any rule changes coz that Mosley always comes out with funny ideas which sometimes pissed of team principal and owners. We will have to wait and see.

Hey, I missed the tyres changes. Cars coming in to pit stop just for fuel is quite boring. Yah, I agree..at least 1 tyre changes.

I am a Montoya fan. But for this year I support kimi for the championship. Errrr...But I think its kinda hard to catch up. Seems like Alonso's.

Montoya is great especially during his past few years with BMW. Ah btw, one thing u're right. It's kinda boring when they pit in only for fuel...i would rather see the previous rules whereby they can change tyre. At least they should set a rules like, changing tyres is allowed during race but only ONCE or TWICE etc. :D

Yeah the worst is the 1 set of tyres rule. Pits are no longer exciting. :( Takes away the pit crew's showcase of skill and coordination. Everything cut cost, they will be no longer exciting. F1 is technology driven, and it is expensive.

A1 starting soon!

sammy888 said:

Limiting engine change to 2 race, & the 1 tyre per race are part of the cost saving ideas for F1 as the whole. Think it was mentioned that the running cost for teams are getting to high. Teams on a smaller buget are finding it hard to stay in the competition.

:think: I like your idea. Race Queen to do the temp check. For sure I'll be in Sepang next yr.;)

Flyingpig said:
Ppl always say he's da ICE man, but what about alonso? :rolleyes:
The big JAW man. hehe Sorry I am not a big fan of Alonso heheh.. I think he still has some years to go before he can be great if ever. He is a bit like Montoya 2 yrs ago.

sammy888 said:
The big JAW man. hehe Sorry I am not a big fan of Alonso heheh.. I think he still has some years to go before he can be great if ever. He is a bit like Montoya 2 yrs ago.

Hah, i'm not a fan of alonso either..but he's doing quite well this year. A world champ title for him might be too early..but we can always have a young champion.. :D

damian77 said:
:think: I like your idea. Race Queen to do the temp check. For sure I'll be in Sepang next yr.;)

Hey! I was just being sarcastic. Leave the Race Queens out of my pits! heheh...distracting the drivers and crew heheh . Wait the fuel man ends up poking the fuel nozzle into the wrong place!~ hehe...like right into the cockpit of the driver! :bsmilie:

Flyingpig said:
Hah, i'm not a fan of alonso either..but he's doing quite well this year. A world champ title for him might be too early..but we can always have a young champion.. :D

Well that is true I guess. I just feel the one who wins this year just happen to be abit more lucky. WIth all this rules restriction and changes...it has effected all the team preparation for 2005. Changes to engines, tire technology swtich..etc. Who could have guess how bad ferrari did this year. Not even a fighting chance. And look at how some of them win the race... Look at Montoya's lose when his car lose control when his tire burst and Alonso can in and take second. And look that US race!! hehehe...Just because of a wrong tire, majority of the team pulled out giving Ferrari two nice "gift" wins heheh...Aiyo...

But I guess this also is excitement in itself lah heh...crazy crashes, drivers playing musical chairs by jumping from one team to another, Michelle Yeow's weird taste in man, Sato's clowning around...etc. heheheh.

sammy888 said:
Wait the fuel man ends up poking the fuel nozzle into the wrong place!~ hehe...like right into the cockpit of the driver! :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Well, It's race wk end again. the anti-clock wise Intergalos. Sadly on night shift, cant see the live broadcast. :cry:

sammy888 said:
Hey! I was just being sarcastic. Leave the Race Queens out of my pits! heheh...distracting the drivers and crew heheh . Wait the fuel man ends up poking the fuel nozzle into the wrong place!~ hehe...like right into the cockpit of the driver! :bsmilie:

I will train the racequeens to be my pit crew. :bsmilie: Driver will love going to the pits!

sammy888 said:
, Michelle Yeow's weird taste in man.

Ferrari team boss leh! Rich man. Many girls will want to ride in a Ferrari. But he is real ugly. :eek:

afbug said:
I will train the racequeens to be my pit crew. :bsmilie: Driver will love going to the pits!

Ferrari team boss leh! Rich man. Many girls will want to ride in a Ferrari. But he is real ugly. :eek:

Yeah agree...why would Michelle yeow like him... :what:

I really can't imagine if the pit crew are all racequeens...!!! :bsmilie:

Fuel rigs very heavy leh..better train them well.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.