excellent day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bsmilie: wow, you are a blessed man:) me thinking hard to dig deeply in pocket to see can get the 350D then settle to D50 (better value for money....nicer picture for the money......mONEY NOT ENOUGH... err....not enough money.., haizzz... dreaming of 30D though...

like they say.....photography indeed is a rich man's hobby??....at least for this case..

I know the thrill is there for having a chopper but for the money your wife spends on your new equipment, you can fly to NZ, hire a chopper for a few hours and take even more stunning shots. Taking pictures 8 stories high can be achieved by taking a lift in a HDB estate :bsmilie:
But still, :thumbsup: for your experiment. I hope you flew your chopper in a safe zone?

I and a colleague had a discussion about shooting from low altitude one day. There were many options in doing it.

He decided to build a kite and attach a camera on it.

I was thinking more of attaching the camera to a long pole e.g. the retractable type you collect golf balls from the bank of river. I wouldn't want to lose my camera. :)

So wasteful. I find it hard to fork out for a 17-40 F4L, don't even mention a 30D + 17-40 F4L. I sure wouldn't want to buy camera equipment from you:bsmilie: Or perhaps you would rather throw them away:sticktong

Did April FOOLS day come a week early this year :dunno:

pls do not be mistaken, i've made sure no one was around :) i was actually flying it at my yard. as in container yard which is about 180,000 sq ft. yup the weight was there thats why i had a slow climb. and the heli was a gonner too:sweatsm:

mwnn said:
And I though I got bored in Singapore sometimes!

Crazy (if not a wind up). For reference, for the money wasted in this stunt you could have got approx 1.5-2.0 flying hours in a decent (turbine) real helicopter – or about 6 hours tuition in a little piston chopper. Of course, not in Singapore as I hear civilian helicopters are not allowed here?!?

I calculate the camera weight as lens 475g + camera 700g = 1175g. I’m no expert on model choppers, but this sounds like a hefty payload for a RC chopper. Not surprised you lost lift at 8 stories.

You might also want to consider the result of the unit falling onto a child below. Irresponsible IMHO.

the one series is gonna sound crazy to me if i were to try flying it up. the 30d is still affordable but never the one series

Garion said:
You should have bought a 1 series. Maybe it will still work after the fall. :bsmilie:

the pictures were either shooting the sky (over exposed) or shooting 90degrees into no where :bsmilie: the worst thing was there was no af thus :bsmilie: anyway i was trying to shoot my entire yard (birds eye view) for my company's portfolio by diving the heli nose down.

King Tiger said:
Can share your photos with us ?

can show us a picture of the damage? since you got yourself a new cam.

guojielun said:
neither we're just fun :bsmilie: money can always be earned. life spent cannot be altered.

erm.. ya. money can be earned. but to do something so wasteful n crazy. I think u do hv some extra cash to waste ba. maybe can think of better use in future.. :dunno:

naming the thread "excellent day! " is also something i cant undersatand :dunno:

ain't matter if its over (or under), just curious to see how the pic look like.

a picture paints a thousand words. :)

guojielun said:
the pictures were either shooting the sky (over exposed) or shooting 90degrees into no where :bsmilie: the worst thing was there was no af thus :bsmilie: anyway i was trying to shoot my entire yard (birds eye view) for my company's portfolio by diving the heli nose down.

Yup :) me wanna see also :) and the pics taken from yr "heli"

Status
Not open for further replies.