Em5 ii

ECG2 got no earphone jack, purely just increase the size of grip and put a L tripod plate in it

Wait for 3rd party offering from ebay. Cnc machined parts are easy to copy

How do u adjust aperture n movie mode? Can't find the option

How do u adjust aperture n movie mode? Can't find the option

What video mode are you in? Normally just turn the dial and it'll work, else can pull out the drawer on the right side of the screen. Read the manual since you have it, WongLP and I didn't

Brought the EM5ii with Leica Panasonic 15mm F1.7 for a spin on CNY Eve and CNY day. With no controlled tests I can't say for sure, but the image quality is about the same as EM10. But in a practical situation, where I had to shoot a group family photo, so I used F2.8 and 1/15s to get enough DOF and keeping the ISO to around 1000. I had to pass the camera to the domestic helper and we could see very clearly that each time she pressed the shutter, the camera would drop a few mm. With any normal stabilisation at 1/15 and those kind of hands, sure to have camera shake. But we saw the photos, no shake at all. So the new IBIS is really working fine.

If I had a full frame camera, and fixed 35mm lens, I probably be working around F4 or 5.6 and definitely around 1/30 or 1/60s. So with a full frame, I would lose about 2-4 stops, depending on the exposure chosen, which means I would have to use a much higher ISO, probably around 8,000. So the quality would be very close. So in my mind Olympus is really a practical system. Light weight, don't look intimidating and get an equivalent quality to full frame (assuming you don't need narrow DOF. But in most practical social shooting, we need more DOF for group photos, not less).

Also in Chinatown walkabout on CNY eve, I was just holding the camera with one hand and firing away, often while still walking and only a split second stop, but most had no problems with focussing and camera shake.

The rotating LCD worked well for selfies. Before I had to bring along my Sony RX100Mk3 with my EM10, using mainly the EM10, and when selfies were needed, the Sony RX100mk3 would come out. Now I can just use one camera.

Indoors in the afternoon, many of my relatives used their high end camera phones, iPhone 6, Samsung etc, but none of them were even close to the quality of the Olympus. So its still worthwhile using a bigger camera (compared to a camera phone) for indoor social family shoots. I know its no contest but it did feel good having those camera phone shooters being stunned by how clear the Olympus photos were, especially after I transferred the photos from the EM5ii by wifi to my iPhone 6, and used Airdrop to send them the photos. There they compared their photos with my side by side and were just blown away.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the 128G SD still being offered? If yes, where can I get the deal with body only? Thanks

Last edited:
Any know if the 128G SD still being offered? If yes, where can I get the deal with body only? Thanks

till 8 march. i think price is the same across all retailers so you might like to try megastore like harvey norman if you are buying today (not sure if its open), bcos most of the reputable camera shop only open tomorrow onwards.

Attachments

• $image-3037636457.jpg
    $image-3037636457.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 15
till 8 march. i think price is the same across all retailers so you might like to try megastore like harvey norman if you are buying today (not sure if its open), bcos most of the reputable camera shop only open tomorrow onwards.

Thanks!

Read they have a 8+8% discount promo ongoing , worth checking out. I'm not sure whether it includes the EM5ii though

Read they have a 8+8% discount promo ongoing , worth checking out. I'm not sure whether it includes the EM5ii though

No 8+8% discount for EM5 MKII. ..... : (

I just got mine from them this afternoon. Of their 17 Havey Norman outlets, sales lady told me they are only given one set by Olympus and I took it. : )

Probably they will stock up more when more customers demand for it.

Can anyone confirm if the Sandisk 128GB card is the Plus or Normal version?

So tempted to upgrade from the EM-5 Mark I...

Can anyone confirm if the Sandisk 128GB card is the Plus or Normal version? So tempted to upgrade from the EM-5 Mark I...

extreme without the plus

Is it possible to do a win-win situation ?

I do not need the camera body ...

I only want the 14-150II kit lens ...

Possible to share and both gets cheaper ? You take the camera plus whatever gifts, I just take the lens ...

Possible ?

Thanks

extreme without the plus

Ya... just collected the free SD card today. Oly counter staff showed me an email from scandisk stating the plus and no *plus* version are same transfer speed - mmm.. then why have 2 version packing? *puzzled*.

no buyers wanna give up the 14-150 II kit lens ?

Agree ... Was meeting up a lady who shoots film and Ya , one problem nowadays is I find the photos too 'clean' and too much post-processing work being done.

Totally agree.. nowadays too much photoshop-ing.. pictures look fake... haha...

Totally agree.. nowadays too much photoshop-ing.. pictures look fake... haha...

guess this is subjective... beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder...
nowadays even modern TV displays looks so unreal...
so colourful, so sharp, so contrasty... ppl still buys them cos they got the wow factor... just my 2 cents...

guess this is subjective... beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder...
nowadays even modern TV displays looks so unreal...
so colourful, so sharp, so contrasty... ppl still buys them cos they got the wow factor... just my 2 cents...

Haha.. true.. theres 2 sides to the coin.. bt sometimes a raw, unedited pic is just pleasing to my eyes... my 3 cents.. hehe... :)

Hee.. I can't think of a 4 cents le keke...

4 cents is ... We are all biased one way or other so Ya, can't say use 1 yardstick judge for everyone.

One thing I never will like is overly-post processed photos. For example if it turns out good only by post processing, is the person a good software user or a good photographer ?

4 cents is ... We are all biased one way or other so Ya, can't say use 1 yardstick judge for everyone.

One thing I never will like is overly-post processed photos. For example if it turns out good only by post processing, is the person a good software user or a good photographer ?

Simple, who made the picture good? If **** was crap and editor made it good editor is miracle worker hahaha, must have balance la

Sometimes too much processing is nice because it's necessary, like cooking you don't add too much space to make it nice you add as and when necessary, even if by recipe, it's not following a standard because each image will require different amounts of processing