Em5 ii

Simple, who made the picture good? If **** was crap and editor made it good editor is miracle worker hahaha, must have balance la

Sometimes too much processing is nice because it's necessary, like cooking you don't add too much space to make it nice you add as and when necessary, even if by recipe, it's not following a standard because each image will require different amounts of processing

+1 bro :thumbsup:
PP is simply a step in the photographic workflow, it is a means to develop RAW shots, it gives control to how the picture is finally presented, just like darkroom in the past to process film. The recipe of composition is still a prerequisite.

Simple, who made the picture good? If **** was crap and editor made it good editor is miracle worker hahaha, must have balance la

Sometimes too much processing is nice because it's necessary, like cooking you don't add too much space to make it nice you add as and when necessary, even if by recipe, it's not following a standard because each image will require different amounts of processing

+1 from me too.

imho it's supposed to meant for photographers to process how the photos should looked like. just like in the past working in darkroom, and not let the camera make decision.

Is it possible to do a win-win situation ?

I do not need the camera body ...

I only want the 14-150II kit lens ...

Possible to share and both gets cheaper ? You take the camera plus whatever gifts, I just take the lens ...

Possible ?

Thanks

I might consider to get a kit, whatsapp 97858777 to discuss.

I'm surprised you guys understood it, I made so many errors because I was typing on my phone hahaha!

At the end of the day, need to have the vision, all these are tools to make the vision become a form in reality. Move with technology. In the past we can only do so much with so much work. But this is the world of digital photography now. With crappy ingredients, nothing can be done to make a good picture great. If you have the best ingredients, your final product will be fantastic with the right amount of treatment

Is it possible to do a win-win situation ? I do not need the camera body ... I only want the 14-150II kit lens ... Possible to share and both gets cheaper ? You take the camera plus whatever gifts, I just take the lens ... Possible ? Thanks

I just want the body. Open to discussion. Text me: 97767076.

Just wondering how much to get a body only. And how much can save on body if pair up to buy?

PP is simply a step in the photographic workflow, it is a means to develop RAW shots, it gives control to how the picture is finally presented, just like darkroom in the past to process film. The recipe of composition is still a prerequisite.

Agreed!if the raw picture is not ideal ,u can never get a good photo no matter how good yr pp skill is.For street photo,occ jpeg can be just fine,phone camera is sufficient if one is not pixel peeking.For landscape or cityscape,raw image is used because of the complexed lighting conditions,pp such as blending,layer masking are often used to bring out the contrast,shawdow,highlight of the actual scene.Whether the final output is overcooked or not is rather subjective as it depends on the photographer's perception of the image and what he wants to express to the viewers.I would rather call it a style in this case.If one is only inclined to real and natural looking photo, buy a copy of newspaper.With modern digital technology,darkroom processing from the past has become more accessible to the mass and evoled as a form of artistic expression.If Picasso were to draw as naturally as he could ,he would not be Picasso.

Last edited:
This new EM5 mk II intrigued me, being a past OM SLR user. This body with 3 light and useful lenses, the 17, 25 & 45 f1.8s are all I need, small package for an old man. Will the kit lens, 14-42 be good enough for video?

large eye cup is available online.

Yeah, I think of post-processing as 'developing' the photos too. Even more realistic when you let images sit on your HDD and 'develop' them slowly over some weeks/months. Haha. Simulate the wait due to laziness. ;p That said, sometimes it can be too heavy-handed or used as a crutch to save bad images. Best is usually when it goes unnoticed, kinda like good design.

Reminds me of this post: http://theliteratelens.com/2012/02/17/magnum-and-the-dying-art-of-darkroom-printing/

pablo1copy.jpg

Will the kit lens, 14-42 be good enough for video?

For casual video should be okay. Just note that if/when you zoom, your exposure will change as the kit lens doesn't have a constant aperture. May not be a big issue if you shoot in shutter priority, the camera will help to adjust the aperture/ISO accordingly.

For casual video should be okay. Just note that if/when you zoom, your exposure will change as the kit lens doesn't have a constant aperture. May not be a big issue if you shoot in shutter priority, the camera will help to adjust the aperture/ISO accordingly.

Many thanks for your input. Will check it out at the Oly store.

Bit the bullet and got a set today. Just wanted to check, is there any glass screen protector around for the EM-5? Recall seeing one, but not sure where to get it.

Trying to get GGS glass protectors, but not sure which one to get and if the touch screen works.

Last edited:
Anyone one know if the HLD-8G grip alone for MKII is available now? If yes, where? Thanks. Olympus Singapore is selling the full set. Don't need the extra battery portion.

Anyone one know if the HLD-8G grip alone for MKII is available now? If yes, where? Thanks. Olympus Singapore is selling the full set. Don't need the extra battery portion.

I got mine at TK Foto

i want body only.. anyone who wants the lens, please contact 975286 two seven to discuss

sorry i wish to cancel my offer to share the cost of body + kit set.. all the low ballers really duno got brain or not.. RRP for body only is $1398, while body + lens is $1998.. a handful of self fulfilled and self entitled low ballers offered me $500 for the lens, meaning I have to pay $1498 for the body.. Why would anyone with half a brain agree to such a stupid deal? Want to deal, deal so that it's win win, not so that you can get cheap lens and pass all the burden to the camera body, wanting to get away with cheap lens just cause it came as a kit! Plus, it's not even a 2nd hand lens, you're getting it 1st hand from the shop!!!

sorry i wish to cancel my offer to share the cost of body + kit set..

I know how it feels bro, just enjoy the full set and sell it second hand;) thought you gave up on m43 and switched to Leica a few months ago? Welcome back[emoji106]

I am hoping for a EM1ii soon instead of the em5ii though. Kind of similar to warrant an upgrade