Em5 ii

Don't be overly concerned about the noise, worry about the picture. I've never seen noise on my E-M1 in long exposure of under a minute, I see noise in exposures of 3 minutes, give or a take a minute even with noise reduction on. I recently has ISO 400 film scanned and it's very grainy compared to it's digital counterpart. It looks worse than the highest ISO the E-M5 MKii has with noise reduction.

I was sharing the other day how people are overly concerned with noise yet I never hear anyone complain in a movie "wah! So noisy! Look at the shadows, the director/producer/videographer is lousy". Enjoy the process of shooting, enjoy the scene. Noise can be reduced in PP and will get better with time as technology gets better

Wonder will this limited Ed be like the OM4-Ti where it's an titanium body or just a titanium type coating, interesting one to own though.

Looks coated lei, I got OM4T, it's apparently titanium also and the coating is normal coating except the metal underneath is different

Hmmm I've been deciding between getting the EM1 Kit and EM5 Mk II with 12-40 f2.8 lens and I personally seem to lean towards getting an EM1 Kit.
i choose to sell away the em1 and top up for the em5 because -

1. i do not have any 43 lens
2. I simply like the higher video spec with 5 axis and the swivel screen.. it alot like using a pany gh series which i used before
3. i prefer the smaller form factor when using it with a prime. normally, i am fine with no extra grip when using prime lens. but think i will still get the grip for using with zoom.
4. new set means new warranty validity..

according to my usual shop, they mentioned i can buy the 12-40 together at a discounted price at $1088, pwp with body or kit.. not sure if this is a good price cos didn't check around.

Looks coated lei, I got OM4T, it's apparently titanium also and the coating is normal coating except the metal underneath is different

Haha Oki , and what the ... U have the OM4 too ?!

Don't be overly concerned about the noise, worry about the picture. I've never seen noise on my E-M1 in long exposure of under a minute, I see noise in exposures of 3 minutes, give or a take a minute even with noise reduction on. I recently has ISO 400 film scanned and it's very grainy compared to it's digital counterpart. It looks worse than the highest ISO the E-M5 MKii has with noise reduction. I was sharing the other day how people are overly concerned with noise yet I never hear anyone complain in a movie "wah! So noisy! Look at the shadows, the director/producer/videographer is lousy". Enjoy the process of shooting, enjoy the scene. Noise can be reduced in PP and will get better with time as technology gets better

Agree ... Was meeting up a lady who shoots film and Ya , one problem nowadays is I find the photos too 'clean' and too much post-processing work being done.

I don't have OM4, I got OM4T, important hor the T :bsmilie: And yes, I got it at a steal! I'm ok with photos being too clean, sometimes I desire that, but at the same time, I'm not bothered by the noise as long as it doesn't look ugly, like blotchy or muddy. If they're reasonably uniformed, I'm ok with it. I'm shooting with a roll of ISO800 tungsten film so it'll be interesting to see ISO 800 grain

I don't have OM4, I got OM4T, important hor the T :bsmilie: And yes, I got it at a steal! I'm ok with photos being too clean, sometimes I desire that, but at the same time, I'm not bothered by the noise as long as it doesn't look ugly, like blotchy or muddy. If they're reasonably uniformed, I'm ok with it. I'm shooting with a roll of ISO800 tungsten film so it'll be interesting to see ISO 800 grain

lol , Oki - noted the 'T' , I've an OM1 with 50/1.8 but haven't gotten my butt to shoot it. Hiah

Thanks for the advice all! Shall go and test both EM1 and EM5 Mark II again this weekend before making a decision!

i choose to sell away the em1 and top up for the em5 because -

1. i do not have any 43 lens
2. I simply like the higher video spec with 5 axis and the swivel screen.. it alot like using a pany gh series which i used before
3. i prefer the smaller form factor when using it with a prime. normally, i am fine with no extra grip when using prime lens. but think i will still get the grip for using with zoom.
4. new set means new warranty validity..

according to my usual shop, they mentioned i can buy the 12-40 together at a discounted price at $1088, pwp with body or kit.. not sure if this is a good price cos didn't check around.

Well, em1 doesn't have AA filter. But the EM5 MK2 have...that's what u sacrificed.

lol , Oki - noted the 'T' , I've an OM1 with 50/1.8 but haven't gotten my butt to shoot it. Hiah

I had om1 and om2n, sold both cause I moved to Nikon, then I try luck got a good deal on om4t om1 nice cause of mechanical shutter but manual mode very ley chey and battery is Mercury cell, need adapter

al the om here.. old men.. haha

i didn't own any om before.. but used a om3 which belongs to my ship during NS days.. so i also a old man now.

so many buttons on the camera. must say they are useful.
instruction manual is here
for those who prefer to read online

what brand of oem battery is recommended?

If u just use an oem battery , U can find them at Red Dot photo. I don't recommend them though , why spend $1398 on a body to scrimp $50 on batteries ....

Hope this will come in a firmware update to the EM5 II though..

What I hope is for TTL flash to work with high res shooting

If u just use an oem battery , U can find them at Red Dot photo. I don't recommend them though , why spend $1398 on a body to scrimp $50 on batteries ....

I agree, the only time that I'd recommend using an OEM battery is if you can't find the batteries in production anymore like my fossil E-1, but I got 2 batteries for the grip and the last a long long time, partly cause I don't use it often, but that's gonna change

Hope this will come in a firmware update to the EM5 II though..

Hope to but likely not be able to if it's a processor (hardware) restriction. Just like the restriction of not able to use hi res with Live functions.