Em5 ii

Btw do you all know if the HDL-8 grip is in stock now? Would like to know how much it will cost..

Btw do you all know if the HDL-8 grip is in stock now? Would like to know how much it will cost..

was at oly customer service today. they also dont know when it will come.

I collected my 128GB Sandisk Extreme today at Olympus Customer Service @ Valley Point

Nice. That card will be really useful if u use the señsor shift function to capture landscapes cause the files aren't really small with the amount of details being captured.

If u just use an oem battery , U can find them at Red Dot photo. I don't recommend them though , why spend $1398 on a body to scrimp $50 on batteries ....

Nothing wrong with using 3rd party battery although I don't personally used them. $50 saved is $50 saved.

Can I confirm that the card given is the Sandisk Extreme Plus rated at 80MB/s?

Yes confirmed.

P.S. .. Sorry its Extreme, not Extreme Plus. But rated 80MB/s. Anyway, between 80 and 95 MB/s I doubt we can tell the difference.

Last edited:
Can I confirm that the card given is the Sandisk Extreme Plus rated at 80MB/s?

The one I got was Extreme, not Extreme Plus. It is still 80MB/s.

According to Oly, Sandisk told them they no longer sell the Extreme Plus. I wasn't pleased at first because Extreme Plus is of higher value but they promised that everyone will get the same card.

grip is in! been called to pick it up...

Grip plus battery pack? How much is it?

grip is $168 rcp.. if plus battery portion is more than 2x.. best price u check with your shop better.. :)

grip is $168 rcp.. if plus battery portion is more than 2x.. best price u check with your shop better.. :)

i mean more than 2 times of $168 btw.. complete grip set..

Battery pack + grip is $398(retail)

and the quick release grip ecg-2 rcp is $198.. higher than the hld8..

Quite dear :( ECG2's pricing surprised me being just a grip. For HLD-8 it's still acceptable since it had electronics and can house an additional batt etc.

Quite dear :( ECG2's pricing surprised me being just a grip. For HLD-8 it's still acceptable since it had electronics and can house an additional batt etc.

full metal more costly maybe.. i found the electronic grip a little bulky when put on. makes the overall bigger than a em1.

btw wonder if the u-shape channel of the ecg2 can be removed so that the swivel lcd can work as normal. it seems like it is bolted to the base and is removable.

I don't have an EM1 but I do have an EM10. Comparing the shutter and EVF black out when shooting both the EM5ii and EM10 at 1/30, the EM10 has a VERY much longer black out in EVF when shooting while the EM5ii is very short. The silent electronic shutter is also super nice, silent and no shock feeling. In all the EM1, 5 and 10 you can feel the shutter shock in the camera when it fires. But I feel the EM5ii mechanical shutter is very well damped and quiet compared to EM1 and EM10.

Looking through the EVF of the EM5ii is obviously a hella nicer than looking at the much smaller EM10 EVF.

So while I expect the image quality to be pretty much the same, I think the shooting experience in the EM5ii will be much nicer than the EM10. Anyway, I'll be bringing both for a photo shoot tomorrow at Esplanade Park.