Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not an issue - just not sure what to do ..:)
u all all far more pro then me leh ...
gimme a weekend to think haha

don't worry .. we will all help u ... i think all of us wan any outing to be a success...

Note that it may be restricted as there is a work site there and the area is actually out of bounds to public. :)

Suddenly like so many East Snappers ...

To the credit of the founders.. Kopi-soh & Aunti-Pinkie!! :thumbsup:

Picture below

Here:
Mermaids-5.jpg

am i supposed to consolidate and start to plan & organized now?!

Yes......

Note that it may be restricted as there is a work site there and the area is actually out of bounds to public. :)

Err.. Isn't it supposed to be Changi Coastal Boardwalk? Since when relocate to Tampines Quarry ar?

am i counted east? xD ~
i am in the middle of paya lebar, serangoon, kovan.
xD

EAST, NORT EAST!
JAJAJ!

don't worry .. we will all help u ... i think all of us wan any outing to be a success...

yeah we'll help each other
:cheers:

Read about ND filters somewhere also. But catch no ball about the no. of stops thing. Lol!

Every one stop is different by 100% of the amount of light.

So, reduce by 1 stop = 1/2 the exposure == half the amount of light. (Same effect as double shuttle speed OR - aperature 1 stop. e.g. F2.8 -> F4, OR ISO 800 -> 400)

Increase by 1 stop = double the exposure == double the amount of light. (half shuttle speed OR + aperature 1 stop. e.g. F2.8 -> F2, OR ISO 800 -> 1600)

ND filter effectively is dark glass. It reduces the amount of light that passes thru it. 1 stop means cut down light intensity by 2. 2 stop cuts the amt of light by 4 and so on.

10 stop filter will cut down the amt of light by 1024 times. Not sure when will you ever get to use it in SG thou.. Maybe on mount everest, snowy white BG with strong sunlight it might be useful.

In Sg, at sea level, normally just reduce aperture to, say F22, the effect should be more then enough. Unless shooting portrait and using big aperture.

Usually pple use GND. Graduated Neutral Density Filter. For situation where there is strong contrast in lighting between 2 halfs of the scene. (e.g. bright sky and dark foreground).

Last edited:
Wait, so what is the plan now? Are we shooting at Changi Boardwalk or Tampines Quarry? If the latter I'm keen as never been there before.

Wait, so what is the plan now? Are we shooting at Changi Boardwalk or Tampines Quarry? If the latter I'm keen as never been there before.

err.. they plan Changi Boardwalk at first.. but since i have never been to Tampines Quarry and i don't think i know how to go.. so i propose it... haha...

i really hope to explore Tampines Quarry...

especially if it is out of bound, the more we should go... hehe

In any case, let the lady bosses decide lor..

I'm ok with Tampines quarry.. but those who suggest it please ensure that you can lead the way or there is someone in the grp that can lead the way..

From what I read on the internet, there is no proper path to the pond.

But it'll be something interesting, I guess..

In any case, let the lady bosses decide lor..

I'm ok with Tampines quarry.. but those who suggest it please ensure that you can lead the way or there is someone in the grp that can lead the way..

From what I read on the internet, there is no proper path to the pond.

But it'll be something interesting, I guess..

:thumbsup:
i agree
remember safety first!:sweat:

Actually now it should be quite open in that area due to the construction works going on around there.. but still safety comes first..

If the intention is to travel right into the forested area on the right facing the quarry, i would suggest to bring along a torch.. cause there's limited lighting around.. although the street/road lights may be about 300m away, the lights are still unable to guide you around as there's a barrier of bushes that blocked it.. wear jeans/pants if you are uncomfortable with the sticks/branches that will brush along your legs while you walk.. some may cause some micro cuts.. best to have track shoes with ya..

Ya, went there for a recce + sunrise shot a few months ago ( cant remember is 3, 4 or 5 months) and saw the work site. Not sure what they're building and looks like the worksite also blocks the way into the quarry. Shrug abt the situation now.

Ya, went there for a recce + sunrise shot a few months ago ( cant remember is 3, 4 or 5 months) and saw the work site. Not sure what they're building and looks like the worksite also blocks the way into the quarry. Shrug abt the situation now.

for morning im not too sure but the workers had already stop work late in the evenings.. so i guess that would be the best time to go in without any disturbance to them.. if you wanted sunset there.

Status
Not open for further replies.