Dynax 60 DOF button

Status
Not open for further replies.

labria

May 16, 2004
SPb, Russia
Hi!
I'm totally new to photography, just bought my first SLR, a Dynax 60.
Can anyone explain me what does the DOF button do? As I understand it closes the diafragm to the point it will be closed when shooting. But what does it give and how it can be used?
I read somewhere that the Dynax 7 shows the distance to the object in focus, but mine doesnt, so I dont really understand how to use this function.
Thanx in advance.

i hope give the right answer, but this is what i have been told before:

When you are looking through the view finder, you are basically looking throught the lens with the aperture wide open, ie: at its bigggest setting.

However, that may not be your selected aperture, so when you press the depth of field preview button, the aperture closes down to the selected aperture, and you get an idea of the kind of depth of field you get with your aperture setting.

Al

I understand it the same way :)
But as I said - im a total newbie, and I just see a darker picture and not any depth of field. Can you tell me what i should be looking for?

Got it for about 330$. The pack contains the body, an AF28-100/3,5-5.6 (D) lens, 2 cr2 batteries and a strap.
I bought it in russia :)
First tryouts here

labria said:
I understand it the same way :)
But as I said - im a total newbie, and I just see a darker picture and not any depth of field. Can you tell me what i should be looking for?

Yes, the view finder becomes darker due to the smaller actual aperture size, but if you look carefully, the depth of field also does increase accordingly, even though it may be harder to see due to the darker view finder. This is to view which part of the image is within the focus depth of field when the actual aperture is used.

Yepp, i already got that. I was testing it whithout enough light. Tryed it in the sunlight today, seen the difference. Thnx for the help, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.