DSLR basic photography course

Status
Not open for further replies.

danzag

Nov 29, 2008
Hi, everyone, any recommendation for the above course for DSLR only? Anyone attended PSS(photography society of singapore) or knowledge bowl courses? which one has better coverage on subjects? thanks for advice.

If you bought a camera brand new, you shuld get a free course on it. If second hand, the knowledge bowl courses are ok i guess (I learned on my own). I've not heard too many good things about the PSS courses, they tend to be a bit too kiasu about the size and brand of your camera (bigger means more pro, etc etc)

If you bought a camera brand new, you shuld get a free course on it. If second hand, the knowledge bowl courses are ok i guess (I learned on my own). I've not heard too many good things about the PSS courses, they tend to be a bit too kiasu about the size and brand of your camera (bigger means more pro, etc etc)

can elaborate what you meant by 'they tend to be a bit too kiasu about the size and brand of your camera (bigger means more pro, etc etc)'

You can also have a look at Objectifs, a friend of mine attended the basic workshop and was very pleased.

if you have an investigative mind and like to experiment, it should not be too hard to learn on your own, by taking lots of shots and fiddling with all the possible settings.
Reading books and looking at great photos helps too. Join a group outing and learn from the fellow members ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.