Dragon set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drahc

Apr 18, 2008
Well im Back from deep sleep hehehe.... and here are some of my new photos, taken on SBG last sunday.

2997930296_98023e1ebc.jpg

2997085931_3305f6c7d0.jpg

2997894302_5caaacdd4e.jpg

2997932194_7a1cb03666.jpg

2997088751_91d2e00248.jpg

Thanks for viewing & C&C are always welcome.

I have nothing but respect for photographers who are willing to spend their time staring at the small stuff on leaves and branches then patiently stalk the insect to get close enough to set up a tripod :)

Great stuff, I love how the #1 looks like it is looking up at you and the clarity of the red "wing" pattern on #2

I have nothing but respect for photographers who are willing to spend their time staring at the small stuff on leaves and branches then patiently stalk the insect to get close enough to set up a tripod :)

Great stuff, I love how the #1 looks like it is looking up at you and the clarity of the red "wing" pattern on #2

Thanks. But i wish i really have a sturdy tripod :( i could have gotten a lot of good shots). All of my photos are taken handheld with the help of Diffused Built-in flash.

Probably next month im gonna get my tripod & dedicated flash (depends on the year end bonus ;p).

Are you experimenting a new style or approach here? My personal opinion, I think the tight framing doesnt work for me; your approach is too straight forward. The angles of the dragonfly you're getting is what can be seen through our naked eye or what I call common composition. Try position yourself in odd yet will do 'justice to the dragons' angles in your next try! ;)

Nevertheless, thumbsup for your effort and patience in getting those shots. Hope to see more dragons from you too :)

Are you experimenting a new style or approach here? My personal opinion, I think the tight framing doesnt work for me; your approach is too straight forward. The angles of the dragonfly you're getting is what can be seen through our naked eye or what I call common composition. Try position yourself in odd yet will do 'justice to the dragons' angles in your next try! ;)

Nevertheless, thumbsup for your effort and patience in getting those shots. Hope to see more dragons from you too :)

Thanks and the red highlights text are noted and probably consider to be done on next shoot.:D

can share what len you using ?
i was there weeks ago.. just could not found those "dragon" :confused: :confused: near the lotus pond? or somewhere else?

can share what len you using ?
i was there weeks ago.. just could not found those "dragon" :confused: :confused: near the lotus pond? or somewhere else?

Im using Tammy 90. I dont know the actual name of the location but it is quite near the entrance on the left side when you use Tanglin entrance.:dunno:

Im using Tammy 90. I dont know the actual name of the location but it is quite near the entrance on the left side when you use Tanglin entrance.:dunno:

nice! Tammy 90 with cropped?

I was thinking that a Raynox is minimum?

great..just great.....i like the detail....but...you've cropped to tight....their tails cutted

Nice. I am using Tammy 90 too.. just cant get the same result as yours. :confused:. with tripod?

great..just great.....i like the detail....but...you've cropped to tight....their tails cutted

Thanks & i will consider a good framing strategy next time.

Nice. I am using Tammy 90 too.. just cant get the same result as yours. :confused:. with tripod?

Nope, all shots are handheld with the help of diffuse built-in flash.

Its actually my first time shooting dragons and i was a bit surprised to found out that they are really hard to shoot sometimes coz they are quite active & keep on flying all the time.

I believed you are using flash and that leaves a harsh bright hotspot in most of your pics. Got to use a reflector or in my case, I seldom shoot with the aid of flash. Will certainly make your shots more pleasing to the eyes.

thanks for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.