doubts about using a bounce card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liangerism

Jul 25, 2007
sidewaysphotographique.com
hi all,

let's say i'm using a bounce card, tilted my flash up to face the ceiling and set the flash to auto mode.

how do i play around with the amount of flash going to my subject?

i welcome any kinda advice and suggestion which pertain to using a bounce card.

thanks in advance

hi all,

let's say i'm using a bounce card, tilted my flash up to face the ceiling and set the flash to auto mode.

how do i play around with the amount of flash going to my subject?

i welcome any kinda advice and suggestion which pertain to using a bounce card.

thanks in advance

Adjust flash exposure correction (FEC), the +1/3, +2/3, +1 EV things.

The ETTL will control the flash exposure. You den adjust the FEC. - to decrease the power + to increase

Check out these videos: http://abetterbouncecard.com/ on how various types and sizes of bounce cards as well as how you use them affect the amount of light falling on the subject.

when you using bounce flash, the effective working range of the flash with cut shorter..

however, if you using TTL, the camera will tell the flash to output more flash light to get the correct exposure.

if your subject together with the b/g have too much white or black, it may fool the camera meter, so the flash compensation became handy, provided you are still stay within the flash effective work range.

hope this help

hi all,

thanks for all the advices.

one more question here.
when the flash is facing the ceiling, does the flash determine the output power based on the distance between the flash and the subject, or the distance between the flash and the ceiling?

hi all,

one more question here.
when the flash is facing the ceiling, does the flash determine the output power based on the distance between the flash and the subject, or the distance between the flash and the ceiling?
Subject.

hi all,

one more question here.

e.g.
camera + flash <---- 5m ----> subject

flash head direct
flash output to the subject directly, thus distance is 5m.

flash head bounce
flash output to the ceiling and then bounce to the subject, thus distance is longer. flash need to be brighter to reach the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.