Travel video editing

chihuahua

Nov 12, 2006
I am planning to purchase a DJI Osmo Pocket 3 and use it for travel videography. I have zero knowledge on video editing and how to put together a travel video with the footage that i will shoot.

Where can i find a reliable video editing service to put together a 10 min video of the raw video footage/photos that i will have from my trip and how much can i be expected to pay for something of good standard?

Do i just shoot my videos in auto mode or raw (D-Log 10 bit)?

Does anyone have any experience / advice on using the DJI Osmo Pocket 3 for travel videography? Much appreciated.

@Pitachu will come in shortly...I believe he already has DJI pocket3 and give you his take and lobang for video editor.

Seriously , I think your intention for pocket3 is to take better video than your smartphone. What people will not tell you is there are hidden costs like a video editor which you need to buy or get free ones. Fortunately DJI has free editor called DJI Light cut which you can download.

Now comes to the important question , normal or D-log 10 bit
recording. Below is a quick explanation of what they are .

You can actually use normal where the camera does it's own processing like other digital camera do. The reason for D-log 10 is you want to colour grade the footage yourself or use a lut ( another preset colour and picture adjustment which you can buy or get free one.) Look at the video but note that for normal you have to decide if you want 10 or 8 bit setting. 10 bit means bigger files and may be difficult if your pc or laptop are not as powerful..hidden cost again. The 10 bit pocket3 is only 4.2.0 and not the pro 4.2.2 that real pros prefer but it is better than 8 bit for colour grading. Like before if you are beginner use normal 8 bit with just basic cut,trim and make video. That is your video will be without sound effects or music ( hidden cost unless free.) Of course you can use onboard microphone but you know if your video want to look and sound professional. If that is the case you might want to buy the content creator bundle which include the DJI wireless mic.

Consider this, if you shoot d-log10 it is like raw file but not really . Thing is you can always redo the colour if you don't like but the normal setting allows minimal adjustment before footage degrade..like noise, colour shift and banding, etc.
If you are spending good money to go to a place and the moments you capture is like once in a lifetime then think about it. Enjoy the journey. ✌️

Do note that when you shoot in log the colours look washed out much like raw file ,the reason is it preserves the dynamic range of exposure for colour grading
So if you want everything done for you then use normal like set lunch.😄

Ps there are more YouTube videos for you to learn and discover.

Last edited:
Can really shoot like professional for beginner?