Dolphines Slaughter in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so millions of Chinese around the world (Singapore included) are not as guilty as murdering and slaughtering hundreds of millions of sharks through exsanguination every single year for its delicacy? Why the double standard? :rolleyes:

Hi Guys,

Just like to bring this msg forward to everyone that such things actually happen in Japan.

I went to watch The Cove in GV and the video they capture is stunning.

The way they kill the dolphins is too inhumane.

watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkgCTDqQYBE

http://www.savejapandolphins.org/interactive.php

See to believe ..
Yeah, it's happening. Very sad to watch the dolphins die. From now on, i swear i'd slap any japanese if i see him/her doing that.

GMAN

Oh, so millions of Chinese around the world (Singapore included) are not as guilty as murdering and slaughtering hundreds of millions of sharks through exsanguination every single year for its delicacy? Why the double standard? :rolleyes:
Shark fin slaughter is a known problem and they are so many organizations to stop them. But for the dolphines, it's just one or two organizations to stop them. It's time people stop seeing that just because one animal gets culled and that we should stop another from getting culled.

Humans are the only species on this planet that can protect everyother species. If we don't live up to it, then at the end of the day the life you lived, is just a waste.

GMAN

Yeah, it's happening. Very sad to watch the dolphins die. From now on, i swear i'd slap any japanese if i see him/her doing that.

GMAN

u do not need to do that. is not the japanese fault. ppl from other city in japan do not know this happen in Taiji. is the government from taiji, the mayor of taiji covering this.

u do not need to do that. is not the japanese fault. ppl from other city in japan do not know this happen in Taiji. is the government from taiji, the mayor of taiji covering this.
Yeah, i do know that. It's very sad to see this happening. I thought the Japanese always liked animals? Maybe not i guess, since they started killing whales, and almost everything that moves.

GMAN

agreed. it's a painful fact

feel so sad after watching the video
sigh.. why like that?
the dolphins are so harmless and innocent

amitabha

feel so sad after watching the video
sigh.. why like that?
the dolphins are so harmless and innocent

amitabha

so dolphins cannot be killed for food, sharks can... cos cute...

cats cannot be killed for food, tigers can... cos cute also...

dogs cannot be killed for food, wolves can... cos cute too...

hamsters cannot be killed but rats must die horrible death...

so all cute things cannot be killed... weird...

so dolphins cannot be killed for food, sharks can... cos cute...

cats cannot be killed for food, tigers can... cos cute also...

dogs cannot be killed for food, wolves can... cos cute too...

hamsters cannot be killed but rats must die horrible death...

so all cute things cannot be killed... weird...

yalor...donno wat to say liou.....

so if someone is born fugly...he better not be near a place where criminal act is performed...else sure kena suspect de...

then again, it is so nice to be pretty and cute eh? ppl cut them all kinds of slack...

yalor...donno wat to say liou.....

so if someone is born fugly...he better not be near a place where criminal act is performed...else sure kena suspect de...

then again, it is so nice to be pretty and cute eh? ppl cut them all kinds of slack...

felt sad for pigs, chickens, ducks, etc... born to be ugly...

i dun understand why some of u have this thought whereby dolphine is cute so it shd not be killed.

every year, a average of 25k of dolpines are killed. this can lead to extinction. Whale is a very gd example.
White tiger, are they cute? NO! but we know are not many left. Do we have to wait till the population of dolphines to do into single digit, then we will do something about it?

This is an awareness for everyone of us. Now we know about it, learn from it, and educate our next generation on what should and not should be done.

i dun understand why some of u have this thought whereby dolphine is cute so it shd not be killed.

every year, a average of 25k of dolpines are killed. this can lead to extinction. Whale is a very gd example.
White tiger, are they cute? NO! but we know are not many left. Do we have to wait till the population of dolphines to do into single digit, then we will do something about it?

This is an awareness for everyone of us. Now we know about it, learn from it, and educate our next generation on what should and not should be done.

only dolphins?

Noah, there is much more that we need to do.

So sad.. but that's the way of the world.

Humans even though we think we are so much more advanced than other animals on this planet, still behave and think like tribal beasts. Even worse is we leverage our technologies to give us unfair advantage over the rest of nature.

There are pockets of conservationists and nature/animal lovers around the world but numbers are tiny in relation to the population as a whole. As people we can barely even expand our perspective enough to consider the feelings of our friends and neighbors let alone animals that can't speak or complain. It is ignorance and selfishness and I think comes from a bit of arrogance that we humans are the superior beings on the planet so we can do whatever we want to.

Dolphins, whales, tigers, sharks, bears, elephants, rhino's, seals, turtles. Many are gone or almost gone. Maybe killing them for exotic food, fur, and folk medical beliefs was ok in the old days when we didn't have such efficient ways to kill. Back then we didn't have globalization and only the rich could afford to eat it.. now everyone can afford it if they want it. In the past any killing of exotic animals were small enough in numbers to not be a threat to the populations. Today however due to over efficient killing and hunting methods, pollution, customer demand etc.. many species are driven to extinction. In some poor places the people can't consider the animals when they barely have enough to survive themselves. Many are uneducated or under educated but still need to make a living. They'll kill the animals without a blink to make a buck, all they know is there is a demand from the affluent people and they'll get big bucks for rhino horns, tiger bone, and elephant tusks. The people doing the killing will stop if the people with money stop buying.

In the end all this will come back to us and we will regret it one day. We are creatures of nature and so are the animals we hurt and destroy. The current road has us slowly killing off not only animals but the environment as a whole. I hope the scientists have collected frozen dna to clone all these extinct and soon to be animals in the future.. It might be the only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.