Do you take photos with your left eye or right eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is not a preference on which eye to use, the most important thing is which is your master eye.

Those who have been thru NS will know because that's the eye which u will use to aim thru the sight of you weapon.

right eye mostly..but nose will rub lcd n make it oily..

recently tried left eye with a side-on approach..macam holding rifle n standing n aiming sideways

For me, I take with my right eyes. Feels uncomfortable taking with left eyes.

I think usually looking through the master eye is better. Else if your master eye is viewing the surrounding outside viewfinder, it'll keep distracting you since it's sort of "strong" and attracts your attention :bsmilie: Anyone using eye patch to aim better? :think:

There is not a preference on which eye to use, the most important thing is which is your master eye.

Those who have been thru NS will know because that's the eye which u will use to aim thru the sight of you weapon.

you kidding? how to aim with my left master eye when my head is at the left side of the rifle?

anyway, I had tried to use my right eye to view and left eye to see the surrounding, every time i pick up the camera, the right eye auto close and hands just push the VF to my left eye...:dunno:

For left eye dominant individuals might have to change shoulder and shoot cause when u try to aim with the left eye while shooting off right shoulder can potentially cross fire. Else they gotta shoot with both eyes open.

VF however doesn need you to zero the foresight and rearsight tip and shouldn't have an issue of cross firing or affecting composition

Ryan

im right master eye but i shoot equally with left n right eye depending on situation, eg shooting from very low from the ground, vf in very odd position then see which eye more convenient to aim with. sometimes both eye open to check surroundings, eg when shooting action.

best shoot from hip la haha, dont need aim rambo only :bsmilie:

To me, the viewfinder is more towards the left of the camera, and my fingers are grabbing the right side. So it's better to use right eye, then my fingers won't be fighting for space with my face.
I agreed with you... I always use my right eye to look thru viewfinder:D

most ppl use their master eye. but unfortunately, there are more and more ppl that shoot with their **** eye only. literally.

Strange question that you are asking. Answers from others will have varying degree of usability to you from the perspective of different people different strokes.

Which eye you use is not important what is important is that you can "see properly photographically". Left or right, master eye or not, heck even using eye(s) or not as long as you have the feel for situation, you can still get the picture.

Best answer for you - take the rig out and work it. Sweat it out till you instictively know for a set focal length what is the camera veiwing when point is this or that direction. It's a tool until you intergrate enought that it's part of you.

My eye after the operation...the left eye has only short vision; the right eye suppose to see far vision..However, both are imperfect..ie the left eye is not too clear, and can see not too near (blur) but a certain distance (about 3m okay); the right eye is clear, but not sharp at infinity.
So, when I use the view finder, and adjusting the diopter, sometimes I get clear pictures taken, sometimes not too clear. Still trying to find out the right eye to use.
You fellas who have good vision...better take care of your eyes...you will not appreciate it until you get into a situation like me...mm

When using M-16, I aim with my right eye.

When using 40D, I aim with my left eye.

Which is my master eye? :bsmilie:

same like previous poster..I have long and short-sighted visions in both eyes...astig somemore......

right master-eye sees and focus thru VF which left lazy-eye opened to look out for kaypos and last minute fast-walkers..lol

My master eye is my right eye (I'm right handed). However, closing the right eye is easier than closing the left eye. So most of the time I use my left eye.

i take with my camera:sweatsm:

okok i do it with my left eye through VF

I was going to post the same thing, good thing I read through the posts first :bsmilie:

Same, left eye here, but I try to keep right eye open, or it gets really uncomfortable after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.