D610 User Thread

So far so good......guess i will still stick to this....loving every single minute with it...Thanks

You have to think about future resell price of a D600 when D610 gets popular.
lol, nice one. The resale value of the D600 won't get lower because it's already unsellable. ;)
If you have a D600 without oil leak it would make zero sense to sell it at those low prices now. All you would gain is 6 instead of 5.5 fp/s.

Last edited:
lol, nice one. The resale value of the D600 won't get lower because it's already unsellable. ;)
If you have a D600 without oil leak it would make zero sense to sell it at those low prices now. All you would gain is 6 instead of 5.5 fp/s.

Erm what do you mean by unsellable?

Now grey set D600 new only $2.1k. Resale w/o warranty shd be at most $1.8-$1.9k and falling?..

Erm what do you mean by unsellable?

Now grey set D600 new only $2.1k. Resale w/o warranty shd be at most $1.8-$1.9k and falling?..
I bought my D600 new for less than $2k 7 months ago. I doubt you can resell it for only $100 to $200 less coz of the bad reputation. Anyway, what for? Just to buy a D610 back for $2450 now? That doesn't make any sense if you have a perfectly clean D600.

Got my D610 from Parisilk Holland V. $2461 cash. Not bad. Loving the 24MP sensor. Just waiting for Adobe to update the ACR with D610. Shutter sound not as krunchy as the D3s. But I love it anyway!

Waiting for amazon to come out with a similar promo like last year's usd 1999 for D600 24-85 kit.

Guys, apart from nikon showroom (that doesn't open on sat and weekdays is opened only up to 7pm on selected nights), where can I try out that camera?

Won't be nice to goto ms color or Cathay to try it without the intention of buying it on the same day.

Still comparing this vs. Cameras from other camp.

Guys, apart from nikon showroom (that doesn't open on sat and weekdays is opened only up to 7pm on selected nights), where can I try out that camera?

Won't be nice to goto ms color or Cathay to try it without the intention of buying it on the same day.

Still comparing this vs. Cameras from other camp.
Why wouldn't that be nice? Both Cathay shops have a display model.

saberlancer said:
Erm what do you mean by unsellable? Now grey set D600 new only $2.1k. Resale w/o warranty shd be at most $1.8-$1.9k and falling?..

Can the D600 be used with the older f mount Nikon lens?
What is the crop factor?
I am into wildlife photography, is the D600 waterproof?

ageha said:
Why wouldn't that be nice? Both Cathay shops have a display model.
Does Cathay sell older f mount lens? I saw a F mount 600mm F5.6 Ed lens selling at $2000/- only. Is it a good buy?

Can the D600 be used with the older f mount Nikon lens?
What is the crop factor?
I am into wildlife photography, is the D600 waterproof?

It can be used. The crop factor should be close to 1.0 on a full-frame camera. I could be wrong, I'm just guessing. Yup, the D600 is waterproof up to 0m. Anyway, this is a D610 thread.

Btw. does some have a video comparing the shutter sounds of the D610 and the D600? :)

Last edited: