D600 User Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys anyone knows how much is the Nikon 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR AF-S Nikkor Lens??

GuessBoy said:
Hi guys anyone knows how much is the Nikon 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR AF-S Nikkor Lens??

last I asked slr revo $63*

leslens said:
hi bro
just to check is there any way to tweak the HDR photos in camera much like canon's 5dmkIII ?
seems like only On/Off

Not that advanced. HDR is recommended to shoot with tripod.

DSC_3415.jpg

A shot taken with C14 with Vixen Atlux tracking mount with F6.3 Reducer - equivalent zoom of 2463mm ISO 1600

DSC_3405.jpg

A shot taken with C14 without Vixen Atlux tracking mount at 1/500 f11 - equivalent zoom of 5865mm in dx mode, c14 focal length is 3910mm. ISO 3200

pixelpeepmoond600.jpg

Full crop ( pixel peep ) of Tycho Crater ISO 3200

As a whole, the nikon d600 ( 24 mp ) is a very superior full frame sensor. This type of craters details used to be achieved from multiple stacking of plenty of images, but now only a single shot is required, which saves a lot of time in image acquistion.

If you deply the Nikon D800e ( 36mp ) to do the same, i believe even more detail will pop up.

Actaully, if you want more detail of the craters on the moon, you should mount it with a V1 (through the use of FT-1). The 2.7x crop factor will ACTUALLY give you more detail than a D800. It is all about pixel density.

Today wife gave me her go signal after her satisfaction last night...

May i know which shop gives the best deals like free bag, tripod, sd cards and etc?

(satisfction i meant here are the cam specs and budget to justify the purchase....)

just asked a shop at ksl mall jb, foto anna on 1F - rm6700 but no stocks.

this is what cathy photo offered me.
need to factor gst 7%

3. Nikon D600 Body @ S$2,598

Purchase-with-Purchase (for D600):
- Nikon AF-S 28-300 f/3.5-5.6G ED VR @ S$1,230
- Nikon AF-S 24-85 f/3.5-4.5G ED VR @ S$559
- Nikon AF-S 24-120 f/4.0G ED VR @ S$1,510 (in limited stocks)

Please note:
- Price(s) quoted is SUBJECT TO 7% GST.
- Mode of Payment: Cash only

I am now at John 3:16 soaked with poison....

nikoneer said:
I am now at John 3:16 soaked with poison....

god bless :)

That's it .... Point of no return . Hahaha

Bought a copy today :)

Congrats ! Enjoy your new toy and do post feedback and
Photos on D600 user tread .

Will do, need to read up on the thick manual. It's my first Nikon body, I'm a Canon user by default haha.

Have been playing around with the movie mode the past 2 days, the ability to focus in low light in liveview mode is really amazing. That's something which my D7000 can't do in the past (same subject matter, same location, same time). I must say I am really impressed with the camera's ability to lock focus so quickly in low light. However battery seems to drain slightly faster than D7k. Anyone else noticed that too?

Will be covering a small function this weekend, so will get to test the cam out fully. Hope all goes well. (Not a commercial job so no pressure ;p)

looks like all canon crop camera shooters are jumping into nikon full frame with this camera

kishleo said:
looks like all canon crop camera shooters are jumping into nikon full frame with this camera

Ha ha actually is not consider jumped here,
they must try and get the new tech from Nikon operation...

Once you tried and must be stick at all.

Some more got the Nikon 14-24mm UWA lens

(but dunno have Nikon user come to get from canon 6D? ke ke)

rain5533 said:
Ha ha actually is not consider jumped here,
they must try and get the new tech from Nikon operation...

Once you tried and must be stick at all.

Some more got the Nikon 14-24mm UWA lens

(but dunno have Nikon user come to get from canon 6D? ke ke)

people have diff taste... my wife likes the 5dmk3 more tham d600...

played with my d600 last night... there is a considerable amount of difference between nikon d7k. didnt regret getting this...

upgraders from crop sensor like me really notice the diff. i am glad i listened to my concience rather than believing the advice of pros...

THE FF DOF is so pleasing to look at.

Last edited:
nikoneer said:
people have diff taste... my wife likes the 5dmk3 more tham d600...

5Dmk3 lagi expansive ke ke..

Later lunch an collect my d600 ke ke, by it weekend hope to real war test from both of my toys with D800 :)

rain5533 said:
5Dmk3 lagi expansive ke ke..

Later lunch an collect my d600 ke ke, by it weekend hope to real war test from both of my toys with D800 :)

congrats mr vintage photographer....

Status
Not open for further replies.