D3X official specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive gotta say, its a good move by Nikon.

The D3X will pretty much deter professionals from buying the 5d2 for fashion etcetc and opt for Nikon instead, since the 5d2 isnt the most professionally built body in the market.

i agree.
but at a fraction of d3's or even d3x's price, 5d2 is a good consideration.
but of course, if you have been a nikon user and you have their lens, the switch or even as a backup cam, is tough....

You do know that they won't post at midnight exact right?

They can do it at 2359 1st Dec even, and it's still 1st Dec.

may be 1 Dec in Europe and USA(2 Dec 2008 in Singapore:))

Just wait and see... Don't kan chiong...

My... You are anxious... Well, it's 0030h now, and there's nothing new on Nikon's website...

Ya true, its going into medium format territory(not too well read on this so if i'm wrong dont flame me!)

If i'm not wrong, medium format camera and a single lens cost upwards of 30K(hasselbald,etc). If the D3X cost 11k or even 12k, I think Nikon priced it correctly for the correct targeted market, perhaps even too low.

But i hope the 24mp doesnt trickle down to their lower end offerings. I'm dying under my D300's 6.5MB(avg) fine jpeg. So if its 2x, faint! And raw?! omg.

I'm sure Nikon has tried their best (and at their own leisurely time-.-) to produce the best camera for the consumers, so i guess it would be a nice camera too. Just that super out of reach

I don't seem to hear the Canon 1Ds Mark III, which has been in the market for some time, poses significant threat to the medium format market. Don't see why the D3x will be different. The 3 megapixel increase is very marginal.

Y

But i hope the 24mp doesnt trickle down to their lower end offerings. I'm dying under my D300's 6.5MB(avg) fine jpeg. So if its 2x, faint! And raw?! omg.

I'm sure Nikon has tried their best (and at their own leisurely time-.-) to produce the best camera for the consumers, so i guess it would be a nice camera too. Just that super out of reach

You need always set to the max MP....even with the option of 24MP except not all cam allow for lower MP at RAW

It takes more than just megapixels for 35mm format to pose a threat to MF.

Don't forget MF sensors offer 39megapixels but they are twice the size of a FF sensor.

The nearest threat to MF right now is the Leica DSLR which has a bigger sensor than 35mm.

You need always set to the max MP....even with the option of 24MP except not all cam allow for lower MP at RAW

Ya true, but if you scale the MP down, if i'm not wrong the camera jsut use lesser pixels, so theres no improvement in terms of ISO and all that, furthermore the high mp count allows you to crop alot.

Back on topic if the quality of the picutres that the D3X produces is very good (like tonal reproduction, good dynamic range) and is cheaper than MF, I think it might be quite a competitor to MF

Okay.. D3x Announced here.

Over at the Nikon USA site, the price is listed as US$7999.95.

By direct conversion, that's at least SG$12,000! :bigeyes::bigeyes:

Guess Nikon is just placing it directly against the 1DsMKIII, which many already feel is way overpriced at the time it was released?

Ya true, but if you scale the MP down, if i'm not wrong the camera jsut use lesser pixels, so theres no improvement in terms of ISO and all that, furthermore the high mp count allows you to crop alot.

Back on topic if the quality of the picutres that the D3X produces is very good (like tonal reproduction, good dynamic range) and is cheaper than MF, I think it might be quite a competitor to MF

Quite difficult to replace med format (IMHO) due to size of sensor.

Even an old 5mp medium format digi back still produces very good images compared to a 12 mp 35mm DSLR, when the image is blow up to A1.

Can kepo kepo abit ....

Canon 5Dmark 2 killer pricing $4k for the body.

Canon 1Ds Mark 3 pricing dropping like hell .

Nikon price at est $12 000.00 high la .

1Ds mark 3 already produce dam good file and 5D mark 2 produce as good file as 1Ds Mark 3 could but it is more portable , some more when you need some simple video recording it can do some great job for you .

I just feel that Nikon D3x is just a high mp camera price too high . It lack some important marketing feature which Canon are working on they already confirmed their commitment to a 30+mp DSLR on the Canon 1Ds mark 4 , if it going to replace soon then the war at $12 000.00 is not that simple .

Just share share la ... no hurt hurt la ..

:cool:

4400 frames on a single batt charge.
was wondering if my d3 can achieve that...:dunno:

ok...those buying...
put name!

1)Jeanie

Some official samples can be found here. From Nikon Japan website.

Status
Not open for further replies.