CS bicycles and cyclist thread II

I am ok with the distance, just need the motivation in the return leg... Hahaha

What time is the ride this Saturday? I had promised my kids to watch the movie cars on tv (channel 5 7pm) at home and could only be released after the show. Yes, we will be watching cars part 2 on Sunday :)

Let me know where are you heading and I will park my car there and ride to meet you. Allow me to join you with your plans rather than trying to accommodate me. Am grateful for that though....

justshot said:
I am ok with the distance, just need the motivation in the return leg... Hahaha

What time is the ride this Saturday? I had promised my kids to watch the movie cars on tv (channel 5 7pm) at home and could only be released after the show. Yes, we will be watching cars part 2 on Sunday :)

Let me know where are you heading and I will park my car there and ride to meet you. Allow me to join you with your plans rather than trying to accommodate me. Am grateful for that though....

Oh just saw that it was 8pm. Ok, let me know where you are heading cause I don't think I could make it in time to meet you at TPY.

Oh just saw that it was 8pm. Ok, let me know where you are heading cause I don't think I could make it in time to meet you at TPY.

We can meet at Tampines at around 10.00pm.

Hopefully we can achieve the following and drop for a break at Tampines to meet up with you.

Route:

Part I: From TPY > Newton > Orchard Raod > City Hall > China town > (take a break)

Part II: From China town > Marina Square > East Coast > Geylang Road > Bedok Reservoir > Tampines (take a break)
(You can join us then for Part III of the evening program.

Part III: From Tampines > PCN to Changi Point (Take a break) then riders can go together to guide one another to go home.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Foward,

Thanks for the details. Looks like I have to drive down to Tampines, park my car there, and we ride via PCN to Changi Point. Then we head back home, and for me, it would be back to Tampines and drive home. Hmmm.... not left with much time then...

Maybe next week when I could come out earlier...

Did a quick computation, you fellows are hitting about 40km, one way.

Any cycling outing on hari raya? morning ride?

darned swee Italian fixie spotted during sunday's walkabout shoot with wei teck's group along Joo Chiat Road

fixie.jpg

the fork and hubs look totally wicked
fixie2.jpg

I am an idiot when it comes to pumping tires... the air just refuses to enter the tire, and now the tire is totally deflected...
It's the slim valve type, and no matter how I fix the pump tip, I can't get the air to go in...sigh.... when I return from my mission trip, I will have to bring my IF Urban in.... and look quite silly - is the valve spoilt?

petetherock said:
I am an idiot when it comes to pumping tires... the air just refuses to enter the tire, and now the tire is totally deflected...
It's the slim valve type, and no matter how I fix the pump tip, I can't get the air to go in...sigh.... when I return from my mission trip, I will have to bring my IF Urban in.... and look quite silly - is the valve spoilt?

Agreed with Ed...I think your referring to presta valve..u will need an adaptor to be able to use the standard pump to pump in air..

forward said:
We can meet at Tampines at around 10.00pm.

Hopefully we can achieve the following and drop for a break at Tampines to meet up with you.

Route:

Part I: From TPY > Newton > Orchard Raod > City Hall > China town > (take a break)

Part II: From China town > Marina Square > East Coast > Geylang Road > Bedok Reservoir > Tampines (take a break)
(You can join us then for Part III of the evening program.

Part III: From Tampines > PCN to Changi Point (Take a break) then riders can go together to guide one another to go home.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cycle down Geylang road is not a good idea even there are many doing it.

Agreed with Ed...I think your referring to presta valve..u will need an adaptor to be able to use the standard pump to pump in air..
Err... yes I know that. My rear tire is fine, but the SAME pump and valve for the front tire doesn't seem to like each other.
No issues with inflating the rears.

Cheers.

you using 1 piece tubular or clincher tires ?

the former have to change the whole tire ..... the latter needs to just change inner tube (aka cheaper)

hey nobody rides fixies here ?? love the white Bianchi i spotted in Joo Chiat

the former have to change the whole tire ..... the latter needs to just change inner tube (aka cheaper)

hey nobody rides fixies here ?? love the white Bianchi i spotted in Joo Chiat

Yay ed .. saw that bike too, stopped for 5 mins admiring the bike .. but still love my brompton more =)

Fixed... it wasn't the tire, the pump didn't work - something to do with the valve or something... drove down to Sembawang Rodalink, they pumped it up with another - names starts with L... and all's good, so I bought one $78.

Bikes for rent in Shenzhen..
photo-22.jpg

Hi cyclist.
Im currently riding a GT hotspot. Was now looking for a road bike to cycle around. Any bike to introduce?? 1st hand or 2nd hand is fine. Budget is below 700.

Telsoon said:
Hi cyclist.
Im currently riding a GT hotspot. Was now looking for a road bike to cycle around. Any bike to introduce?? 1st hand or 2nd hand is fine. Budget is below 700.

If its just a road bike that ur looking for, and aint too concerned about specs, u may wanna try looking at polygon 200..btw I do have a hybrid bike(flat bar), trek ds 8.3 to let go if ur keen..do pm me..cheers!

i have an aluminium mtb mounted with slicks , AMP fork and older 1st Gen XTR brakes ..... PM me if u keen