CS bicycles and cyclist thread II

Thx forward for organzing the cycling trip today, slow but steady! see u soon =)

BenefitsofCycling56.jpg

Our ride this morning was slow and steady as we adjust our pace for the new comers
joining us for the first time. I would like to thank Canonmono, Alvin, Regina, Esther and Lily
for their support. :cool:

CyclingBenefits56.jpg

We took many breaks to enjoy the places we visited. This place is under the bridge
leading to Marina Bay Sand. From left is Canonmono, Esther, Lily and on the right is Regina. :cool:

CyclingBenefits57.jpg

A spirit of participation is necessary among the many new comers especially regular riders who can contribute
in different ways to helping newbies to learn cycling effectively. Most important learning cyclists are encouraged to
have a positive mind-set and they should be aware of the significance of safety procedures and measures while
participating in any cycling activity in the future. :cool:

Congrats for another well organised event...

If anyone is keen on some pratas / chit chat and a short cycle - come to Pierce at around 5.30pm or so this coming Friday 19th August... will take my IF 709 out for a spin at Pierce... very short cycle (< 10km and at 15 km/h)... suitable for weenie cyclists like me :)

Congrats for another well organised event...

If anyone is keen on some pratas / chit chat and a short cycle - come to Pierce at around 5.30pm or so this coming Friday 19th August... will take my IF 709 out for a spin at Pierce... very short cycle (< 10km and at 15 km/h)... suitable for weenie cyclists like me :)

Pete, even if someone or myself come round that area, you have not given any clear idea of the exact location
to meet you. Any map online to find the location you want to have pratas? Weenie or no weenie anyone can go
ati 10km to 15km/h unless the rider is a child below 5years old. Gosh, our age combined will be over 120 years! ;):cool:

CyclingBenefits58.jpg

The Government should look into encouraging using the cycle to work scheme:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/content.p...e-to-Work-Scheme-to-purchase-an-electric-bike

The government Cycle to Work scheme is an incentive for employers to encourage employees to cycle to work.
Benefits include a reduction in air pollution along with the health improvements of the individuals concerned.
The major benefit to you is that you are able to purchase a bike with a large saving and thankfully,
electric bikes are included in the scheme.

To promote healthier journeys to work and to reduce environmental pollution, the 1999 Finance Act introduced
an annual tax exemption, which allows employers to loan cycles and cyclists' safety equipment to employees
as a tax-free benefit. The exemption was one of a series of measures introduced under the Government's
Green Transport Plan. The following guidelines clarify how organisations can take advantage of the exemption
to implement a Cycle to Work scheme that encourages employees to cycle to work and allows employers to
reap the benefits of a healthier workforce.

Alamak... missed this outing... anymore next week?

CS bicycles and cyclist - Ride #4

The next ride will be on Saturday evening by popular demand. Do come and join us even if you have a CarryMe or an IF Mode
or any kind of bike. We don't care what bike you use but we care you want to join us enjoy riding together as a group.

Recreational cycling is all about making friends, enjoying the breeze and freedom while you are up on the
saddle. How you achieve this is simply on how you prepare yourself for riding a bicycle. Adopt a positive mindset
and not make excuses like fear of the heavy traffic or having sunburn or rashes on your face.

Recreation riding success is based upon these factors: (Please add on if you have others factors to share)
1) Good networking
2) Evidence of building bonding and trust
3) Regular organized rides for better quality enjoyment and fun.
4) Programs that catering for future endurance and performance according to each and every individual rider
pace and riding need and condition.
5) Every individual member of the group provide feedback on how the group should improve interactions, effective learning
on cycling efficiency,strengths,weaknesses of the group and consequently modify their individual behaviour and riding style.

All beginners, amateurs or advanced riders are welcome to meet this challenge. Come to our fourth recreational ride to meet
and make new friends, We do make regular breaks to chat over a cup of tea or coffee.

4th Recreation Ride

Date: Saturday 27th August, 2011

Meeting Place: Toa Payoh Library concourse (opposite Toa Payoh CC, Toa Payoh Central)

Time: 8.00pm

Duration of the Ride: 3 - 4 hours (the ride will end at around 12 mid-nite)

Main theme of the Ride: Slow, steady and leisurely obeying road traffic laws at about 15-25 km/h.

Essential items for all riders: Helmet, proper attires, shorts/pants for riding, riding shoes or sport shoes
(no clogs or other stuff), sunglasses, sun blocks, drinking water, etc

Bicycle must be equipped with: Effective braking system, front and rear lights, proper tire pressure and mini bicycle repair tools.

Riding defensive is the only way to ensure safety and all riders are to take into considerable precautions and be responsible for their own safety.

Interested riders can add on their names and contact number here:

1. forward (91453958)

4th Recreation Ride

Meeting Place: Toa Payoh Library concourse (opposite Toa Payoh CC, Toa Payoh Central)

Main theme of the Ride: Slow, steady and leisurely obeying road traffic laws at about 15-25 km/h.

Essential items for all riders: Helmet, proper attires, shorts/pants for riding, riding shoes or sport shoes

Bicycle must be equipped with: Effective braking system, front and rear lights, proper tire pressure and mini bicycle repair tools.

Riding defensive is the only way to ensure safety and all riders are to take into considerable precautions and be responsible for their own safety.

1. forward (91453958)
2. canonmono

4th Recreation Ride

1. forward (91453958)
2. canonmono
3. Isaac
4. Alvin

Last edited:
Anyone bringing camera to do night shoot?

Where are you heading to from TPY? I am up north and if you are heading my direction, I can meet you fellows midway...

Where are you heading to from TPY? I am up north and if you are heading my direction, I can meet you fellows midway...

Where about your exact location? I'll let the group to suggest. We've to do a bit of sacrifice to make things work.

I am at Woodlands and I guess you fellows are in TPY area?

Does anyone have an idea?
I once saw these knobs for hanging bikes on the wall - they came in many colors and look like those plastic rock climbing stuff... you can configure how high or will the bike be tilted or horizontal?

Thanks

I am at Woodlands and I guess you fellows are in TPY area?

Great, we can meet you half way at Yishun MRT station. If you are confirmed joining the ride, do sms me your mobile.
We'll let you know the time we are arriving. Do get your friends to join us too. All the other members are coming from
other areas, like Redhill etc etc. If you ride slowly, it might take you an hour to reach TPY.

Honestly, I don't mind cycling to TPY area. But it's the retun trip that matters...

The other option is for me to drive & cycle....

I PM you my mobile and we can discuss on your next ride.

Honestly, I don't mind cycling to TPY area. But it's the retun trip that matters...

The other option is for me to drive & cycle....

I PM you my mobile and we can discuss on your next ride.

You should not have this fear about riding longer distance.
Our ride mainly is for fun and recreation purposes specially
designed for beginners alike. We ride according to your needs
and make sure we take enough breaks whenever you feel tired.

The night ride is much cooler and we go slow. We can adjust
to ride around your area within 20km so that you don't have to
worry about the return trip.

I will see that you reach home first before I go back to TPY.
We are more bike riding learners centered so that you know what
you can or cannot do while riding a bicycle. If you are riding a foldable,
just take the MRT or mount the bike on your car and meet us at TPY.
Let me know if you are joining us on Saturday 27th August, 2011.

:cool: