Criticisms and comments nowadays...

Status
Not open for further replies.
its true that good photos are subjective, but i kinda feel as long as its a scantily clad, well endowed model in the picture, more often than not, it is a "good" picture.
and furthur more the organised photoshoots titled like "hotter than hot stuf"f, or "sexy baby", or" model in school uniform gets we"t.... its kinda driving cs name down to the ground... its so blatantly low class....

its true that good photos are subjective, but i kinda feel as long as its a scantily clad, well endowed model in the picture, more often than not, it is a "good" picture.
and furthur more the organised photoshoots titled like "hotter than hot stuf"f, or "sexy baby", or" model in school uniform gets we"t.... its kinda driving cs name down to the ground... its so blatantly low class....
?

Why is it low-class?

I have nothing against people shooting babes, whether they are wearing bikini, gorgeous gowns, or wedding dresses. It is all art, and if the times dictate that the people like bikinis more than the girl in the clothes, so be it!

jeanie....if u had realised by now and as i had always mentioned when it came to comment and critques especially P&P in particular is a very opionated place... and the funny things are most of the pics in p&P can't even make it in the top 30% percent of the pics posted on web gallery such as flickr..that also included yr dear god father himself.. try to take a look at those pics posted in the world wide web.......be astounded by what the rest of the world can offer ..
(damn i feel so silly for saying so much)

i have to agree again....

please dont make this thread a personal one by insinuating anybody.again, this is a gentle reminder.take it as i'm dousing potential flames.

why should u feel silly for saying so much?u are definitely entitled to your own opinions.

jialat my take home pay is only around 700-800 after cpf deduction:cry: ..... may i humbly:embrass: suggest u paid for the trip and accomodation first.... after the trip i will sacrifice and do the housekeeping , wash car for u can?

700-800?:eek:
how old are you?19?20?serving NS?regular?

young brother, big sis here sponsor you lah.:bsmilie:

Why Singapore don't want to do?

Singapore is BEAUTIFUL, if you explore! :thumbsup:

i've discussed this to death b4, so dont conjure the dead.:bsmilie:

i'm not saying sgp has nothing to shoot.but i've done most of it already.i know if you look closer, you will get diff angles, diff compo, diff shots.
but i really couldnt stand the heat, the 'lack' of subjects to shoot.

overseas, every angle i point, makes a potential shot, not to mention their landscapes....oh....THOSE are real landscapes.

i'm not those 'the grass is greener' on the other side gal, but i really really love the scenary overseas has to offer.

good good another bro joined me in landscape and still life shooting.... come come...dun be shy jeanie?..... jeanie...?? u still online?

i just finished my 1 hour aromatherapy soak.still in my bath towel now.:D

leave msgs lah.my thread, i surely will read one lah.

i've discussed this to death b4, so dont conjure the dead.:bsmilie:

i'm not saying sgp has nothing to shoot.but i've done most of it already.i know if you look closer, you will get diff angles, diff compo, diff shots.
but i really couldnt stand the heat, the 'lack' of subjects to shoot.

overseas, every angle i point, makes a potential shot, not to mention their landscapes....oh....THOSE are real landscapes.

i'm not those 'the grass is greener' on the other side gal, but i really really love the scenary overseas has to offer.
I know what you mean. Everytime I do a new place in Singapore I can't help but wonder if this shot has been taken the same way and will come out looking the same way with the same colours, etc.

Sunsets/Sunrise! DIFFERENT COLOURS, DIFFERENT CLOUDS! EVERYDAY! RAWRRRR!

Don't worry, I don't think you're that sort either, that sort of snobbishness can smell from one thousand miles away! =)

i have to agree again....

please dont make this thread a personal one by insinuating anybody.again, this is a gentle reminder.take it as i'm dousing potential flames.

why should u feel silly for saying so much?u are definitely entitled to your own opinions.

:embrass: i'm sorry

700-800?:eek:
how old are you?19?20?serving NS?regular?

young brother, big sis here sponsor you lah.:bsmilie:

:thumbsup: :lovegrin:

sigh...yet another post i agree on.

i HATE to agree with you, but i have to cos it's the truth.

sex sells(as discussed to death), and that's a sure way to go for advertising.

anyway, back to topic, c&c on pics.we really need 'better' guidance.
i'm hoping we sgp has a similar forum that meets world class standards.

i remembered someone told me to take a look at overseas photography forums, and i was totally in awed when i visited the pages.
i really wonder what they will think/feel when they look at CS.

admins and mods, please do not misunderstand.i'm not saying CS is crap.i'm just thinking aloud ways that we could benchmark ourselves, at least, in the coming future...

but i really couldnt stand the heat

oh.. i rather have the heat.... here is too cold that sometimes you can't take your hands out of your pockets which makes it hard to shoot:cry:

oh well.. at least spring is coming over here.. so i can go out and shoot again.. haven't touched my camera for more than two months

admins and mods, please do not misunderstand.i'm not saying CS is crap.i'm just thinking aloud ways that we could benchmark ourselves, at least, in the coming future...
I bet someone will come in now and say that you are a photography elitist..

Word of the moment these days! :sweat:

i came into cs because i wanted to share my pics and at the same time pick up some good tips from fellow hobbyists.
initially when i joined cs, i didnt post much(because i hadnt gotten my Dslr), and i really did learn alot through the honest criticisms and such by looking at members' postings.

however of late, if you do visit portraiture folder, i see pics which are ...*how should i put it*....not up to a certain standard, and i see some members throwing encouraging comments/remarks.you know, the GOOD words and angel phrases.

i would like to ask you guys, do you think, by throwing such 'good' comments, it's going to help the fellow cser improve their photography skills?

everyone likes to hear the good stuff.me included.:embrass:
but whenever i post a pic, what i would love to hear are GENUINE,honest criticisms to help me improve.

i certainly hope CS will not degenerate into a forum where all the harsh, 'bad' but genuine,honest, frank comments are filtered, and frown upon.

and NO, i didnt started this thread because of the recent friction i had with leejay,lensbaby or the TS in the NIRA thread.

but this issue has really been bugging me, and it didnt helped when i logged in yesterday and saw DP's thread being locked.IIRC(i didnt read the entire thread), the point he wanted to put across was almost similar to what i have in mind.

i hope the moderators allow csers to speak their minds and not lock this thread.
and NO, this is not a flame bait thread and i do not wish to engage with anybody over mindless squabbles.so please, if you have any personal issues with me, pm me.

1. not everyone's standards are the same
2. not everyone is a word smith
3. not everyone can give a critique
4. not everyone can take a critique

sigh...i know cs is open to everyone.
you have a good point there really.
i agree.

I refer to this post...

sometimes, frank and outspoken comments are pretty much being frowned on.
dp's comments is a good example.

is this the reason why it keeps you guys from shooting the truth about 'pics not up to standards'?

And this subsequent post... I find that it contradicts each other. On one hand you agree that CS is open to one and all and there are different standards that is inherent in all of us yet at the same time, you also bemoan the fact that certain comments are frowned upon.

I honestly do not know how to have you understand it from our point of view. If a thread came remain constructive, free of any form of malice, curt replies, pointless answers or even tactless comments, then why would anyone have to shut it down?

1. not everyone's standards are the same
2. not everyone is a word smith
3. not everyone can give a critique
4. not everyone can take a critique

You need to give critique more!

I <3 your photos!

oh.. i rather have the heat.... here is too cold that sometimes you can't take your hands out of your pockets which makes it hard to shoot:cry:

oh well.. at least spring is coming over here.. so i can go out and shoot again.. haven't touched my camera for more than two months

i love the cold.give me switzerland anytime.
thick gloves no prob.got hand warmer can already.:)

can i drop by and give u a visit if you are still in vancou in august?

Status
Not open for further replies.