ClubSnappers in Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who are interested in Rally car racing, here's another event coming in Nov... the NGK Rally of Melbourne.

There will be rally cars on show at the Docklands area where they will be flagged off to run in the Yarra Valley.

More info can be found here
http://www.rallyofmelbourne.com.au/

Hey, this looks great, would you be going there? If so do let me know. Really wanna shoot rally cars. :)

yeah.. v likely i'll be there (provided there is no last minute hiccups with work). was there last year as well.
If its the same venue as last year then its in some winery. Nice scenery as well.

I will most likely be at Dockland for the launch as well... maybe we can organise a shooting / kopi gathering then? :)

patch - just west of melbourne. (way, way, way west...)

will be there later in november for a wedding. would appreciate some pointers/recommendations for a 'tourist'.

yeah.. v likely i'll be there (provided there is no last minute hiccups with work). was there last year as well.
If its the same venue as last year then its in some winery. Nice scenery as well.

I will most likely be at Dockland for the launch as well... maybe we can organise a shooting / kopi gathering then? :)

Can can no problem. Since you were there last year, means you know where we can take nice pics.....great.
:)

Golgotha.... the track is pretty much open.. u can get quite close up shots. Last time round i shot using 18-55 kit lens for most of the pics.

RuthBaby.. yeah Feb is summer.. the only thing is how hot its going to get and how much bush flies you gonna attract ... :)
Couple of my friend do the drive up to Brisbane the other time as well and we stopped by Sydney. Better have a couple of drivers along the way. Go along the coastal route for more scenic stuff.
Its more economical not to drive within Sydney as the parking is pretty expensive.

Great! I think we need to meet or at least plan where/how to..........really excited with rally cars haha.

hey, i be flying to melbourne in feb and driving all da way to sydney.
any idea the climate?
all i know its summer :eek:

If you are using your own car, better get a skirting for your bumper or you'd be scrapping flies off it....

1462339256_390d1dd1cf.jpg

Golgotha.... the track is pretty much open.. u can get quite close up shots. Last time round i shot using 18-55 kit lens for most of the pics.

RuthBaby.. yeah Feb is summer.. the only thing is how hot its going to get and how much bush flies you gonna attract ... :)
Couple of my friend do the drive up to Brisbane the other time as well and we stopped by Sydney. Better have a couple of drivers along the way. Go along the coastal route for more scenic stuff.
Its more economical not to drive within Sydney as the parking is pretty expensive.

yes.. most prolly we will be driving coastal route...
any attractions in melbourne during 7th - 11th of feb?
so excited eh.. can meet up wif clubsnappers too ;p

If you are using your own car, better get a skirting for your bumper or you'd be scrapping flies off it....

1462339256_390d1dd1cf.jpg
we will be renting from melbourne airport and dropping off at sydney airport.
its best to get full insurance coverage?

cuz drove in perth twice and got full coverage. *touchwood* though;)

Yes, better to be safe than sorry. The coastal route, though longer should be more interesting. Its about 15 hours from Mel to Syd. In land route is easy..... about 12 hours.

Just letting those who are interested in the NGK Rally know that the date have been moved forward to the 9th at the Dockland and 10th and 11th of November due to Australia Election day.

Really can stand so close to the action???:bsmilie: I'm excited about the rally already

:bsmilie: yeah i am quite surprise last time as well.
Maybe just bring your supertele for a different perspective..

Nice meeting up with you guys today. Hope we can get more CSer to meet up again for some Kopi.

Quite a pity FilterFunk... it really suckx to have paper on a Saturday.

:bsmilie: yeah i am quite surprise last time as well.
Maybe just bring your supertele for a different perspective..

Nice meeting up with you guys today. Hope we can get more CSer to meet up again for some Kopi.

It was a pleasure to have met you today.

Just to be sure, what lens (focal lengths) were you using to shoot these images? I want to be sure that we can get close enough not to require super telephoto.

using mostly the canon kit lens 18-55mm
i did bring along the 75-300 but did not use it much..

the blue ford focus is shot at 49mm...

Status
Not open for further replies.