ClubSnappers in Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice! u carry your camera when u go grocery shopping?;)

Haha not always, but it happens... especially during exams when there's no other excuse to get out and shoot...

Perhaps when the next semester starts (July) we can plan a trip to the Grampians National Park or go shooting in the mountains where there is snow. Well just a thought.

I don't mind... I'dve finished school so I should be able to make it, and I've been wanting to visit the Grampians again for quite a bit....

The first Melbourne social meet-up today (17th June) was a pleasant one. Thank you for your time and effort in attending.

In attendance were:

1) Jemapela
2) Golgotha
3) ChrisDWong & girlfriend

The next meet-up should be in late July when home-sick ClubSnappers have returned from holidays in the home country, and when more ClubSnappers have just arrived Melbourne to begin their studies.

Ah was nice meeting you guys.... looking forward to the next one!
Very useful info on lenses... gives me alot more to chew on before my next purchase :sweat:

Thanks Jem, for organising!

Nice meeting you guys. Gonna sleep now, no sleep for past 24hrs...........can't think straight anymore..................

ya, me just read it too..........don't think I will be going down to the city soon..........:sweat:

1) Jemapela (working in the photographic industry)
2) Jiven (holidaying till 17/6 )
3) Golgotha (Hibernating in lib)
4) The Real Kal (Studying in Monash Uni Gippsland)
5) Zanyboy02 (cramming for exams)
6) Dr The
7) fWord (just started work at RSPCA)
8) pl4nx (postgrad at melb Uni -exam mode-)
9) Donna (studying from July)
10) lmk61 (working & frozen in SE suburb)
11) ChrisDWong (Studying, Monash Uni, Caulfield. final semester but applying for PR)
12) KeithT (Working in Melbourne)

I think I am no. 12 on the list.

The shooting in Melbourne was scary. I travel to Flinders each morning. Ordinarily, it is quite a nice city.

Hi everyone, just spotted this thread niah.

Came back late last month, been busy shifting to Geelong!
Hope to catch up with you guys/gals soon :thumbsup:

Cheers :)

I'm not in the city per se. I work in Footscray but the university has sent an email around to tell us to avoid travelling in. According to the news, the shooting suspect was known to his victims. Still, let's not allow this to disrupt the gathering of Clubsnappers in Melbourne or surrounding areas!!! I was in Ballarat and Geelong over the past two weekends. Very pretty.

The news update is that two men were going to the assistance of a woman and they got shot. Anyhow, I'll not cloud the intention of this thread. It's great to know there are Clubsnappers here.

HELLO!!!

hahaha! I actually HAVE a ClubSNAP account but totally forgot about it.. :bsmilie:

2) Jiven (holidaying till 17/6 )
3) Golgotha (Hibernating in lib)
4) The Real Kal (Studying in Monash Uni Gippsland)
5) Zanyboy02 (cramming for exams)
6) Dr The
7) fWord (just started work at RSPCA)
8) pl4nx (postgrad at melb Uni -exam mode-)
9) Donna (studying from July)
10) lmk61 (working & frozen in SE suburb)
11) ChrisDWong (Studying, Monash Uni, Caulfield. final semester but applying for PR)
12) KeithT (Working in Melbourne)
13) whitedot (studying in Monash Uni Caulfield, ChrisDWong's gf haha)

anyway, was good to meet all of you on Sunday. :) I should start taking AND EDITTING photos again. Probably will in my upcoming trip to Wilson Prom AND Sydney. WOOHOO. CAN'T WAIT FOR EXAMS TO END NEXT THURSDAY!!!! :confused:

Yeah I heard about the shooting too. Thank God that I'm not staying in the city anymore.. Keep safe!

ClubSnappers studying/working in Melbourne are:

2) Golgotha (studying in Melb Uni)
3) The Real Kal (studying in Monash Uni Gippsland)
4) Zanyboy02 (studying)
5) Dr The
6) fWord (working at RSPCA)
7) pl4nx (studying in Melb Uni)
8) Donna (studying from July)
9) lmk61 (working)
10) ChrisDWong (studying in Monash Uni, Caulfield. final semester but applying for PR)
11) KeithT (working)
12) whitedot (studying in Monash Uni Caulfield, ChrisDWong's gf haha)
13) Benign (working)
14)

If you are in Melbourne, please add your username and work/student status.

Hi guys, I'll be starting at Melbourne uni this July. See you all soon!

2) Golgotha (studying in Melb Uni)
3) The Real Kal (studying in Monash Uni Gippsland)
4) Zanyboy02 (studying)
5) Dr The
6) fWord (working at RSPCA)
7) pl4nx (studying in Melb Uni)
8) Donna (studying from July)
9) lmk61 (working)
10) ChrisDWong (studying in Monash Uni, Caulfield. final semester but applying for PR)
11) KeithT (working)
12) whitedot (studying in Monash Uni Caulfield, ChrisDWong's gf haha)
13) Benign (working)
14) scyll24(studying, melbourne uni)

Hi all ClubSnappers,

We'll have a 2nd meeting in late July, probably the last weekend in July.

Please keep yourselves available.

Dear All in Melbourne,

This might be kinda last minute, however all those into sports and nature. Here's an event that you guys might be interested.

http://www.sleddogchallenge.com/index.htm

Sled Dog Challenge 2007 @ Mt. Hotham, Dinner Plain Alpine village. It's about 4.5 hours drive from Melbourne

11-12 August (Sat & Sun)

Event starts from 9am and ends about mid-day. Accommodation is scarce given it's peak period. Hence anyone who wants to go got to decide early. It would be great if someone who has a car is going, else rental might costs us. We just pool $ for the gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.