Canon G7 or Fuji F30 for UW photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taiwanapurasteve

Dec 8, 2004
Taipei
I have a trip to the Red Sea coming up and heard that the diving is great and so I need some UW equipment. I don’t want to buy a housing for the 20D so I’m looking at a couple of compacts. I already have the F30 and know that the sensor excels at higher ISO, but does that matter as much underwater? Sorry for such a novice question.

If you had the choice what would you choose as your underwater camera? F30 or G7?

Thanks for the help.

-steve

I would go for a f30 housing

no point spending more money to get a G7.. when you already have a 20D

now the issue is u can get the housing or not..

Housing no problem, I have lobang. It uses the same as F31d

I think Canon's housing for G7 does not have external control to all dials/buttons.

I think Canon's housing for G7 does not have external control to all dials/buttons.

Yes, the canon housing does not have the turn knob for the dial only. The ikelite housing for G7 has everythings for buttons and dials and cost about $900+. I have seen the pictures taken by G7. Very nice.

I've read conflicting reports about this. All of the reports have said that the dial is unusable, but there are a couple people that said they have figured out a work-around for this through a strange method: "...Contrary to previous thought, the dial wheel functionality is compensated with the use of the secret combination buttons of "S" (in the top left of the camera's backside) and either Left or Right buttons inside the dial. This worked great for me so that I could change the manual settings, exposure, and picture review quickly as needed..." :think: Does anyone here have first hand knowledge of this?

Regardless, I think I'll go find a house for the F30. Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.