Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

just to give some feedback on the sensor performance.

i find that the 5DIV DR is really much better compared to all the previous canon DSLRs i've used.

still loses to the sony sensors in bringing up shadows, but not as big a gap as in the past, highlight recovery is very good! almost on par with the sony sensors.

the refocus after shoot only work with canon software or also work in LR/PS

I wonder why many people are selling back their 5D4, now see 3 sellers already... :(

I wonder why many people are selling back their 5D4, now see 3 sellers already... :(

early adoptors who regret and still prefer their sonikon cameras?

i got a friend thinking to sell cuz he thinks 1DX2 suits his usage requirements more vs 5Div

Last edited:
I got mine with the kit 24-105mm f4L II yesterday :) can't wait to try it out this weekend

great! we did you get it from?

great! we did you get it from?

From M S Color in AMK.

Preliminary impressions : definite improvement from the mark I. Yet to put it to a full test but am enjoying it. Mainly taken pictures of my toddler which I wouldn't be sharing here but when the focus is nailed properly, it's tack sharp. A sample image is on my blog but that is resized quite a bit http://engloy.elcreations.org

The RAW still cannot be viewed in WIndows, does anyone know where to get the latest Canon Raw Codec updates?

30390250726_76b5a561df_b_d.jpg

Tested my cam on yesterday evening. Converted raw file to DNG edited with Lightroom and photoshop cs6

Very surprised that for new model of 5D MK IV with so little post in this thread.

haha because its so good that there's no need to convince anybody here to buy

can ask current best price available? The shop at Marina Sq quoted me cash price 4600, wonder is there better ones?

can ask current best price available? The shop at Marina Sq quoted me cash price 4600, wonder is there better ones?
You know that Marina Sq is tourist area? Secondly, what does this quote include?
We have some outdated price guides here, check those shops mentioned there.

In the price guide section, there are a list recommended shops, thou the address may be outdated, but the shops should be still around in other parts of sg. Common favourites are at least cathay, tk, slrr. Drop them an email to get quotes...

$4600 (if GST inclusive) for the 5D Mk4 is a good price. The lowest price quoted to me on day of launch was $4650. Most quote 48xx.

I got mine at 46xx credit card 4600 is ok

I got mine at 4700++ credit card at MS color. Got to avoid Sigma Flash, it does not seem to be compatible with it. So far very happy with it. Almost getting the Sony AR7II after many positive review, but in the end still prefer this. I got to say, the view finder and screen is way much better than Sony.