Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

No freebi for 5D series . Should be available may be give a call to them

any idea how much is the original battery grip price for 5DM4?
3rd party ones out already? anyone has any to recommend?

TK foto 38x I Guess if I remember . No 3rd party out yet

the shape and body of the 5div and 5d3 are so alike, wonder if any 5div owner has access to the BG-E13 can try fitting it on to see if the old one still works?

the shape and body of the 5div and 5d3 are so alike, wonder if any 5div owner has access to the BG-E13 can try fitting it on to see if the old one still works?

I don't think it fits.

Yea i took some online pics of the camera base to compare and there are differences
That would be the biggest surprise if battery grips were the same [emoji1]

Just got it today, below is the test shot, seems like the noise handling is pretty much ok at ISO20000.

8R2A8017_zpspvpyrf3h.jpg

Handheld
24-70Lmm @70mm
1/200s
f11
ISO20000
4.3Mb
Medium format Jpeg, not edited.

Just got it today, below is the test shot, seems like the noise handling is pretty much ok at ISO20000.

8R2A8017_zpspvpyrf3h.jpg

Handheld
24-70Lmm @70mm
1/200s
f11
ISO20000
4.3Mb
Medium format Jpeg, not edited.

Congrats on the purchase of a fine camera!

I am still waiting for adobe LR and ACR to be updated with the 5div before doing any real testing.

However the jpgs do look great at the moment!

That would be the biggest surprise if battery grips were the same [emoji1]

Haha i was kind of wishing the new grip was released to incorporate the extra button/knob for af mode selection and everything else remain static.

But i guess canon wants to sell more accessories!

So, can I see a show of hands how many 5D4 users here already? :D

Did a field test on high ISO shooting, and was satisfied with the result.
Only minor adjustment, can't do much with PSCC coz' the new raw format is not readable.

100-400L @560mm with 1.4X
f8
1/1000s
ISO32000
Handheld
No crop

JJG_8573_zpsjuydszxy.jpg

Last edited:
wow. that a lot of user now before reaching sg

Did a field test on high ISO shooting, and was satisfied with the result.
Only minor adjustment, can't do much with PSCC coz' the new raw format is not readable.

100-400L @560mm with 1.4X
f8
1/1000s
ISO32000
Handheld
No crop

JJG_8573_zpsjuydszxy.jpg

ISO 32,000 ???

5D4 user list?
1) ricleo
2) KangS
3) JJFAM

pls feel free to add

Next week me! But I'm still gutted that I won't be able to see full capabilities of 5D4 yet until LR/PS come up with the updates :(

can those who have already bought the 5DM4 comment on the video capabilities?
Is the continuous focusing really good in the video mode? just like a video cam?
How large is a 4K video? e.g. for a 2min video?

ISO 32,000 ???
Yes! Noise is visible, but details are not compromised. If PSCC and LR are updated with this new raw format, comprehensive editing for this ISO32000 pic will be much better.

There are two issues which you may look into;

1. If you use Dual Pixel AF, the raw file size is doubled and will reach 70Mg. The total number of shots
will be halved in one memory card. Example 32G card normal raw is about 1000 pics; Dual Pixel raw will be 500 only.

2. If Dual Pixel Raw is used, the buffering is reduced to 3, not good for burst shots especially for birding BIF.
The MRaw will buffer up to 12, SRaw is 15. Therefore, Dual Pixel Raw is more suitable for static subject.