Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

How many stops improvement in terms of ISO are you guys getting vs the 5D3?

It's already in Singapore and reached most camera retailers on 8th September.

I collected mine on 9th Sept

those camera in sg is those pre-order or those normal shipping

cos the normal shipping don't reach sg so fast. to get the camera early, pre-order is the way.

I am actually waiting for the first batch of shipment then will see whether to get mark 3 or 4 due to my budget

cos the normal shipping don't reach sg so fast. to get the camera early, pre-order is the way.

I am actually waiting for the first batch of shipment then will see whether to get mark 3 or 4 due to my budget

TK Foto has limited stocks for grap-n-go purchase, no need to pre-order.

those camera in sg is those pre-order or those normal shipping cos the normal shipping don't reach sg so fast. to get the camera early, pre-order is the way. I am actually waiting for the first batch of shipment then will see whether to get mark 3 or 4 due to my budget
What are you talking about? Pre order or not it has been sale for a week in Sg at all Canon authorised shops. As I writing, body only still available. Let us get on with equipment discussion like what is the wow factor and what are some disappointments from real life users, not some online camera reviewer.

first batch reached shops in SG 8th September.

no pre-order also can walk in and purchase.

What are you talking about? Pre order or not it has been sale for a week in Sg at all Canon authorised shops. As I writing, body only still available. Let us get on with equipment discussion like what is the wow factor and what are some disappointments from real life users, not some online camera reviewer.

O, I feel the heat here. this is just my sense when I was waiting for 5D3.

I was using 5D then when was waiting for 5D3 to be launch and the first batch of 5D3 did disappoint me.

So now I really feel a need to upgrade liao just hope the first shipping is okay that we supporter can get it with a smile

s6Z0A0383 by ricleosg, on Flickr

JPG from the 5D4, 300mm f2.8 with 2X TC of the mid autumn moon tonight.

still waiting for the ACR update hehe... but JPGs look promising so far.

s6Z0A0383 by ricleosg, on Flickr

JPG from the 5D4, 300mm f2.8 with 2X TC of the mid autumn moon tonight.

still waiting for the ACR update hehe... but JPGs look promising so far.
Jpg is good, why a need to worry about RAW?
If Jpg is already bad...I won't even go to RAW :ipuke:

Anyone tested the battery life?
900 shots for a fully charged battery?...I think it's kinda over-rated.

Jpg is good, why a need to worry about RAW?
If Jpg is already bad...I won't even go to RAW :ipuke:

haha raw for those landscapes where you need the extra DR.

moon shots properly exposed raw is not needed.

Handheld
500mm(1.4X) @700mm
f8
1/1250s
ISO8000
FF
Dual Pixel Raw converted to Jpg
12.2Mb

Minimum edit, so far so good...

JJG_9484A_20160919134448096_zpsdtxujerk.jpg

Handheld
500mm(1.4X) @700mm
f8
1/1250s
ISO8000
FF
Dual Pixel Raw converted to Jpg
12.2Mb

Minimum edit, so far so good...
The fine feather details at ISO8000. This is very good performance. :thumbsup:

looks like so far the feedbacks are positive for the stills... kinda poisoned to upgrade from my 5D3 to this for event/stage photography esp looking at the higher iso performance. Its about $4.8K now in shops?

looks like so far the feedbacks are positive for the stills... kinda poisoned to upgrade from my 5D3 to this for event/stage photography esp looking at the higher iso performance. Its about $4.8K now in shops?

Body only yes around that price.
I just check with Cathay Photo:
Body - around $4.8k Available now
Body with 24-70 F4 L Lens - around $5.8k Available now
Body with 24-105 F4 L Lens V2 - around $6.5k only available in November period.

The key feature that I am excited is the face AF, in the past MK3 portrait you have to
look the focus point around the face area.
Now with MK4, the camera will do the job on it's own.

Yesterday I was at the product launch event so they did showcase numerous feature.
29264133394_2f5e3c3f76_k.jpg

Got to play with MKIV with the new 24-105 F4 L Lens V2
29597517180_8e453645e1_k.jpg

Finally in the V2 lens of 24-105 F4, there's a lock!
Hate it whenever the zoom lens will slip in the older version of 24-105 F4
that is why I either put on the lens hood or remove the lens just afraid it may knock against something or someone.
The V2 lens is somewhat longer than the V1, really hope one day could try both the MKIV and the new lens.

Sorry for the blurry photo cuz I did not bring a DSLR for the event just my phone.
MKIV have numerous improvement over the MKIII but I don't have time to explore all of that.

Was at the event in Saturday too and gotta admit was very poisoned by it. Dropped by TK Photo and there was stock too and the batter grip as well. Looks like gonna cost a good 5.2k for everything.

Really must think hard now cos that's still quite a lot of money. Anyone know the cost of the 1Dx2? Think that will make it easier to justify the 5D4 :p

Last edited:
Was there. The 16-35 F2.8 III is really sharp and distortion was definitely better than the mk2 and F4 IS.

Was at the event in Saturday too and gotta admit was very poisoned by it. Dropped by TK Photo and there was stock too and the batter grip as well. Looks like gonna cost a good 5.2k for everything.

Really must think hard now cos that's still quite a lot of money. Anyone know the cost of the 1Dx2? Think that will make it easier to justify the 5D4 :p

if you definitely need the battery grip and dont need the flexibility of a smaller body and better touch controls on the 5DIV, you should go for the 1DX2 at about 7k. 5.2k and 7k is not a big difference.

if you definitely need the battery grip and dont need the flexibility of a smaller body and better touch controls on the 5DIV, you should go for the 1DX2 at about 7k. 5.2k and 7k is not a big difference.

where to get 1Dx2 at about $7k?
I thought street prices is around $7.4k, has prices drop already?

5DIV price was on e high side as compare to mark3

5DIV price was on e high side as compare to mark3
???? So are all the brands of cameras in the same category....how does this add to equipment discussion relevant mk3 and 1DX II?