Canon EOS 350D or Nikon D70s

Status
Not open for further replies.
mazeppa26 said:
many places out of stock for d70s

wads the current best price.. :)

plus freebies?

thanks a lot... :)
just bought mine 2 wks ago sgp1765 + 1gb cf card + 18-70mm kit lens. prepare to spend a on a additional filter

TMC said:
There should be some freelancers who use 350D for their work.

LOL i was one of the freelancer that used 350D! :bsmilie: but of course with a good lens!;)

wildstallion said:
i have the d70s, it is a fantastic camera i love it, however canon seem to be ahead of the technological game, so prehaps go with canon if u want all the new gear, and nikon if you want a really well built strong user friendly camera, produces excellent images.

just my opinion

gd luck!

Not true. Both Nikon and Canon are ahead of each other at one time or another. They will leap frog each other as they introduce better and newer camera. Eg, Nikon flash system is still superior to Canon. :)

zzzzzzzzzzzzz ... this can really go on ........

eh so wads the lowest price in town now n wheres the place to get it haha...;p

mazeppa26 said:
eh so wads the lowest price in town now n wheres the place to get it haha...;p

Clubsnap B & S! You get the BEST DEALS!

Heartshape said:
Because if you are seen with a 350D amongst the pros, horrible as it may sound, people will be laughing behind your back, for using an 'baby' camera.

hmm.. not that bad lar... saw alot of event photographers are using Cannon instead of Nikon.. dunnoe why.. maybe becoz their lens look much stylo than nikon ba or maybe becoz of it's full-frame?...

but, i still support NIKON~!!!

i too saw quite a no of event photographer uses canon... but it's no big deal la...

it's how u photograph the event that matter most! ;)

no one is born with superior skills.. we r only born with the talents to be superior!;p

NIKON wont go wrong abt it

zhang3feng said:
i too saw quite a no of event photographer uses canon... but it's no big deal la...

it's how u photograph the event that matter most! ;)

no one is born with superior skills.. we r only born with the talents to be superior!;p

yeah yeah~ so go for NIKON~!!! haha

either canon or nikon is fine. don't bother what ppl think abt how pro your cam LOOKS, it's the pictures that have the last word. but i suggest you look at the dynax 5D too if you're interested in having affordable anti-shake. if you're hoping to do upgrades in future, though, canon & nikon probably have a wider range and bigger 2ndhand market.

i use a D70S but i tested the 350D.

at similar settings, the 350D produced more brillant colours. The colors on 350D are richer IMO.

btw, i do not believe in re-processing images with PS. I like it stock. So at stock, my opinion is the 350D produces better colors.

but i bought the d70S becos of its more solid feel.

flying said:
i use a D70S but i tested the 350D.

at similar settings, the 350D produced more brillant colours. The colors on 350D are richer IMO.

btw, i do not believe in re-processing images with PS. I like it stock. So at stock, my opinion is the 350D produces better colors.

but i bought the d70S becos of its more solid feel.

You do not believe in reprocessing images in PS? Then why bother buying a dSLR?

And don't forget that depending on your settings on the camera, photos from one might look better than another. E.g. setting the parameters on the 350D or loading custom curves on the D70s. Anyway you can't go wrong with either system.

eh... so where to buy?
best prices?

haha

;)

Heartshape said:
But if you shoot for a price, then it must be the D70s. Because if you are seen with a 350D amongst the pros, horrible as it may sound, people will be laughing behind your back, for using an 'baby' camera.

well...all i can say is, those ppl have got no life and they feel that having a big expensive camera can boost their ego...how shallow can their thinking be...
at the end of the day, its the photos that u shot that counts.

mazeppa26 said:
eh... so where to buy?
best prices?

haha

;)

i was quoted $1770 for d70s at ms color ydae and abt $1850 for 350d(if i remember correctly) at ms color a week ago

mazeppa26 said:
eh... so where to buy?
best prices?

haha

;)
Check with tk foto i think so far the best price sgp 1750 incl 5%gst kit set + 1gb cf card but might not have stock at the moment.

Both system are fine. only that kit lens canon that losing out. trust me!

More $$$$ for canon. Nikon is reasonable. (excuse me!, I don't say it's cheap)

Join the DARKSIDE NOW! you won't know how powerful that you can be.:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.