Canon buy back program

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to trade in, please don't ask to Canon service. Because they will discovered that everyone will know about this. They will give up about Canon Buy Back program.
I think everyone want to trade in.:nono:
You better go to 2nd hands shops or Bns.

Canon Sing replied to me this today:

Dear Jeff, Good morning to you.Pertaining to your enquiry, we do not have buy back program.Perhaps you can contact second hand shops located at Peninsula Plaza to offer a price for your camera.Feel free to contact me if you have further enquiry.Thanks and have a nice day.
==

Pls kindly advise.

I just went down today with an old Canon film point and shoot and gave it to them in exchange for ordering the S90 at $595 (list price $749). so the program is still in place. You need to know how to ask. Don't ask "do u have trade in?" or "do u buy back old stuff". Tell them you have an old Canon Cam which is damaged and ask if you can upgrade it to something newer with discount. If they still blur then say your fren did something similar and said it was called "Privileged purchase". I think you will have better luck this way. My understanding is also that they are not keen to make this program/scheme too well known and it is more to give folks with old unrepairable stuff the option of buying new canon toys (discounted of course). Another thing, I also think you will have better luck calling... rather than email. Email can be forwarded to thousands of pple... Phone conversation is between u and the person at Canon, mebbe they more willing to share. Good luck.

the reason this thread has grown to 10+ pages is due to the fact that there are a lot of people who are not reading the whole thread....:nono:

Basically this is NOT a trade-in program and regardless what your camera is (Film PnS, Film SLR, Digital PnS or for that matter a 5DMark2...), the price you get on the new camera IS THE SAME ! This is a privileged purchase program which allows you to buy a new camera (selected list available) if you old camera is spoilt and the repair cost simply does not make sense....

The reason why Canon would do something like this is to maintain market share + utilise this program to keep their satisfied customers using canon cameras (considering there are a lot of other options out there in terms of cameras...).

Please stop e-mailing, calling them to ask about how much your camera can be traded in for and whether the program is still there or not.....enough has been said on this 10+ pages to make a decision on whether you want to take a train to Harbour Front with your old spoilt canon camera.

The reason I'm requesting this is that they has been fairly nonchalant on the condition of the camera you are bringing in for this program....which is to the benefit for all....if they decide to stop / be more strict with the program, we all LOSE !:(

ps. S90 is out of stock under this program, have to wait till end of Nov/early Dec.

Last edited:
The thead title is already misleading - "Canon buy back program". Canon is not buying anything back. The discount is always the same - 20% off the RRP on their webpage.

Yup, They explain the reason to me.
It is meant for those people who wanted to repair their spoilt Canon camera but the repair cost is too much. (Beyond economical repair)
therefore Canon give special discount for purchase of new camera for this particular group of people. That's why it's called "Privileged purchase".

Yup, They explain the reason to me.
It is meant for those people who wanted to repair their spoilt Canon camera but the repair cost is too much. (Beyond economical repair)
therefore Canon give special discount for purchase of new camera for this particular group of people. That's why it's called "Privileged purchase".

yes, i already explained this in many pages back in this thread.. and this offers not only canon hv.. HP also has same thing.. if u got a HP device spoil, call them.. tell them the problem.. if its old, they will offer u a product that is as close as possible at a much much cheaper px..

I agreed with Frankenstein. Everyone must not email to Canon service!!! If they discovered about this, then no more buy back program.

If old canon film or digital camera are spolit, can trade in. It's fine.
If new canon digital camera or DSLR (expect 40D to Idmkiii), don't trade in. It don't make sense.

Hi,

Can i ask if any kind of camera will do? like those film type?
SOmeone mention that can go to sungei flea market and buy one.. any one got lobang?

And the discount does it apply to any types of camera? Coz i wan to buy ixus 200 is.. it is now $599, so if there is discount i will get it

thanks for reply

Hi,

Can i ask if any kind of camera will do? like those film type?
SOmeone mention that can go to sungei flea market and buy one.. any one got lobang?

And the discount does it apply to any types of camera? Coz i wan to buy ixus 200 is.. it is now $599, so if there is discount i will get it

thanks for reply

Yes, any camera as longas it is a canon.

I would expect that IXUS200IS should be eligible...and price should be approx. S$474.00

Just go down and check out your options. Do not call as they will not reveal the price anyways (I know cause i tried)...

Yes, any camera as longas it is a canon.

I would expect that IXUS200IS should be eligible...and price should be approx. S$474.00

Just go down and check out your options. Do not call as they will not reveal the price anyways (I know cause i tried)...

thank u so much for yr reply..

btw u bought any?

Last edited:
sorry no offence here, just my 2cts worth..
I think TS should lock this thread to prevent this program from being overly enquired n resulting in termination of program. Moreover all info regarding this program can be found in all earlier pages.. saw some ques being answered to death n same ques still keep popping up..

thank u so much for yr reply.. so right now i need to hunt for a spolit cam.. any recommendation?

btw u bought any?

No I did not...I used my own still functional (but sometimes cranky due to age) S40 (which I bought 7 years ago at S$1k) to "upgrade" to the S90. I'm using this program the way it was designed for.:) This is meant to be a PnS to back-up and compliment a DSLR which I'm using as my primary shooter.

The reasons for the many posts / questions is due to the fact that most people want to get a good deal and this is a good deal....as compared to buying it from other retailers. Let's try not to exploit this and have them suspend it the the detriment of those genuine "upgraders".

Last edited:
I think the privilege purchase program is good but sometimes the shop price can be quite competitive too. If you develop a good r/s/ with the shop owner, then u can also get better prices in the long run right :)

Let me repeat.

1) Please don't do to hunt your camera.:nono:
2) Please don't spolit your camera:nono:
3) Please don't drop your camera.:nono:
4) Please don't heat your camera.:nono:

Canon service can investigate your camera whether drop or hunt or spolit (water accident, etc).

I agreed with Frankenstein. Everyone must not email/call to Canon service!!! If they discovered about this, then no more buy back program. Do you want it?

If new canon digital camera or DSLR (expect 40D to Idmkiii), don't trade in. It don't make sense.

Mod, please delete this thread. And don't let people to know about this.

Let me repeat.

1) Please don't do to hunt your camera.
2) Please don't spolit your camera
3) Please don't drop your camera.:nono:
4) Please don't heat your camera.:nono:

Canon service can investigate your camera whether drop or hunt or spolit (water accident, etc).

I agreed with Frankenstein. Everyone must not email/call to Canon service!!! If they discovered about this, then no more buy back program. Do you want it?

Mod, please delete this thread. And don't let people to know about this.

dun be silly... Canon dun even check whether its working or not working.. they just take it in..

This thread is created for awareness to inform buyers that there is this program ongoing.. hence, you are selling lots of 18-55mm IS / 18-200mm IS lens upz for sale...

I am one of them. I have sold off all my stuff except 1000D :bsmilie: which i am keeping as body..

Look at my thread of how to get a CHEAP 500D body / 18-200mm IS lens at fraction of the retail price...

You can easily get the body for $652 nett or the 18-200mm IS lens for $600.. you would need to sell off the items in the package.. it can be done.. i did it in clubsnap. before... sold my 18-55mm IS, EOS Bag & 50mm F1.8.... dun say i never tell you all this lobang...

i know some forumers will hate me for this.. but hey, good news must share share.. dun be selfish okie :)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606246

No I did not...I used my own still functional (but sometimes cranky due to age) S40 (which I bought 7 years ago at S$1k) to "upgrade" to the S90. I'm using this program the way it was designed for.:) This is meant to be a PnS to back-up and compliment a DSLR which I'm using as my primary shooter.

The reasons for the many posts / questions is due to the fact that most people want to get a good deal and this is a good deal....as compared to buying it from other retailers. Let's try not to exploit this and have them suspend it the the detriment of those genuine "upgraders".

icic.. i think i will be using my super old power shot camera to go for this program :)

I think the privilege purchase program is good but sometimes the shop price can be quite competitive too. If you develop a good r/s/ with the shop owner, then u can also get better prices in the long run right :)

nope, it can never be as good as thie buyback program...

under the current canon promotion (free 50mm F1.8 for xxxD, xxD dSLR), its the best time to buy now..

Let me help you

EOS 500D + 18-200mm IS + 50mm F1.8 + EOS Bag + 8Gb SDHC = $1667 nett

tell me which shop give a better price... i will get a unit from themm :)

icic.. i think i will be using my super old power shot camera to go for this program :)

by all means.. dun have camera.. go to sungei road, buy a spolit one for $5 only.. :bsmilie:
you will be laughing all the way back home ;)

you wanna hunt for a spoilt cam just to benefit yourself on this program? wow.

nope i got one cranky powershot camera. but maybe asking my relatives if they got any other spolit one anot ha

Status
Not open for further replies.