Canon 50mm F1.2L vs F1.4

Is it worth it?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Haha same like ppl saying "I'm using a Mark2", we will assume they are on a 5D and not a 1D or 1Ds Mark 2 :)

50L is my most frequently used lens cos of its focal length and aperture size. it's on my camera body >95% time when i'm not travelling. my only complaint is that it does allow me to focus closer than 45cm from the subject.

Bokeh is really beautiful when used in a setting with nice background.

50L is my most frequently used lens cos of its focal length and aperture size. it's on my camera body >95% time when i'm not travelling. my only complaint is that it does allow me to focus closer than 45cm from the subject.

Bokeh is really beautiful when used in a setting with nice background.

Yes that pretty much sums up the 50L or 50 f1.4

Yes that pretty much sums up the 50L or 50 f1.4

Yup, imo the real difference between 50L and 50 f1.4 is the BOKEH~

Secondary factors are the AF issues and other things like build quality, etc.

$ diff by 3x

you guys use it with 7D as well?

I wouldnt get a f1.2l at the moment since I'm not pro at shooting portraits or composing great bokeh shots...background very important....I'm also using a cropped body..so can't get the full view..using the 1.4. For now..

I wouldnt get a f1.2l at the moment since I'm not pro at shooting portraits or composing great bokeh shots...background very important....I'm also using a cropped body..so can't get the full view..using the 1.4. For now..

When u get a FF body and use the 1.2L, u will see the difference.

Snoweagle said:

D600?

Snoweagle said:

I had an enjoyable time with the 50mm EF f/1.2L, but I still think the money is better spent on the 85mm f/1.2L. Of course, they are technically quite different with possibly different applications, but if I had both lenses, I would have a tendency to use the 85mm more often.

Snoweagle said:

Yea..that's why i gotta practice with the f1.4 first n learn how to get good compositions first..otherwise ill be like an idiot everything bokeh until so ugly with a 50l

I had an enjoyable time with the 50mm EF f/1.2L, but I still think the money is better spent on the 85mm f/1.2L. Of course, they are technically quite different with possibly different applications, but if I had both lenses, I would have a tendency to use the 85mm more often.

I never leaned towards the 85mm as I didn't like the focal length for portraits, so 50mm for me.

Yea..that's why i gotta practice with the f1.4 first n learn how to get good compositions first..otherwise ill be like an idiot everything bokeh until so ugly with a 50l

No worries about bokeh on the f/1.2L, it naturally gives u 'magic' bokeh! :D

Snoweagle said:

No doubt about that!

Very tempted to get it... even though I have a 35L.. weird thing abt me is that I use both 35 and 50 during wedding assignments.. kinda close but I like the combo :cool:

Seems bokeh quality is subjective... Leica Lux is also known for its awesome bokeh and sharpness if it's a ASPH copy... as with Crons