Bugs in Bangkok

tsammyc

Apr 7, 2010
Was at the Grand Palace in Bangkok over the weekend. Great place to take photos given the vibrant colours. I had fun taking a photo of some bees in lilies with my KX/FA31. Although the FA31 is not a macro lens, you can get pretty close and I think its illustrative of the differences between F1.8 and F8. For the first shot, it was taken at F1.8 1/1250s as I was trying to capture the tiny bees landing on this lilly in mid flight. I call it "Airport" as one is about to take off, while another is trying to land. The high shutter speed is necessary to catch the bees. No flash. Using live view/contrast detect, I focused precisely on the center of the flower so its not the clearest shot overall and the FA31 is a bit blurry on the corners wide open.

4984502421_74ae253c7f_b.jpg

Another shot a F8 brings everything into view

4985090670_8f71ef90b6_b.jpg

Hi, I think u should post this in Tech & Discussion thread at the sticky. :)

Hi, I think u should post this in Tech & Discussion thread at the sticky. :)

I hope I haven't broken any rules. This is the only forum I've ever posted in and I thought it was OK because I wanted to talk about a characteristic of the FA31 that I discovered over the weekend.

I hope I haven't broken any rules. This is the only forum I've ever posted in and I thought it was OK because I wanted to talk about a characteristic of the FA31 that I discovered over the weekend.

no worries,

i think riscal is mentioning this point because it seems to be clubsnap policy to not have users post up their pictures in the brand sections UNLESS it is for technical discussion of sorts.

i don't exactly understand the rationale either, but like they always say, it is their house, so follow by their rules. cheers.

no worries,

i think riscal is mentioning this point because it seems to be clubsnap policy to not have users post up their pictures in the brand sections UNLESS it is for technical discussion of sorts.

i don't exactly understand the rationale either, but like they always say, it is their house, so follow by their rules. cheers.

I think it's to control the number of thread started ba in brand section ba. If everyone will to start a thread here (which I did when i just join in too :p) I think pentax section will be flooded with photo thread