BALI

Hi,
I'm heading there next week for a short trip...
these are the places i'm going which you might find it useful

Places to visit:
Pura Tman Ayun
Pura Ulu Danu @ Bratan Lake
Tanah Lot for sunset
Tampak Siring
Teglalang
Pasar Ubud
Uluwatu Temple for sunset

Possible Activities I might go ;)
Water Rafting
Mekepung buffalo races(if available)
Mt Climbing
Banyan tree cycling tour
Water sports activities
Sky diving

Hi,

Places to visit:
Pura Tman Ayun
Tanah Lot for sunset
Tampak Siring
Teglalang
Pasar Ubud

Water Rafting
Mt Climbing
Banyan tree cycling tour
Water sports activities
Sky diving

great info!! thanks!!

did u get a driver?

What I do is I give a list of interesting places to the driver and asked him to plan the itinerary for each day. I will also specify certain places or event as a Must
Eg
Early morning go to Jimbaran to take photos of colorful fishing boats coming to shore.
One Hindu temple where hundreds of devotees cleansing themselves in the temple pools.
Rafting in Ubud, places like Tanah Lot, Nusa Dua Beach, Uluwatu Cliff, tigalalang stepped padi field as a MUST while others as optional depending on time. Of Course certain events depends on which day of the month you are there.

After they give you the itinerary, you can start extracting more info from them as to time for traveling between locations. How much time you can spend at each location, etc. This way you get what you want. Get you itinerary settled before you leave. Of course you don't ask for the impossible if you don't spend enough days.

Food on your own and just ask for recommendation. There are plenty of information and photos of Bali. Check it out and you'll come out with a long list of places and events. You know what interest you the driver don't.;)

thanks man!!!
you're welcome.
I feel that Bali has lots to see and do. Probably too much to cover in a single trip there, especially if it's just a few days (eg. 3 or 4).
Perhaps best to go once for a recce trip (like general overview) and then subsequently go again with more specific intent.

What I do is I give a list of interesting places to the driver and asked him to plan the itinerary for each day. I will also specify certain places or event as a Must
Eg
Early morning go to Jimbaran to take photos of colorful fishing boats coming to shore.
One Hindu temple where hundreds of devotees cleansing themselves in the temple pools.
Rafting in Ubud, places like Tanah Lot, Nusa Dua Beach, Uluwatu Cliff, tigalalang stepped padi field as a MUST while others as optional depending on time. Of Course certain events depends on which day of the month you are there.

After they give you the itinerary, you can start extracting more info from them as to time for traveling between locations. How much time you can spend at each location, etc. This way you get what you want. Get you itinerary settled before you leave. Of course you don't ask for the impossible if you don't spend enough days.

Food on your own and just ask for recommendation. There are plenty of information and photos of Bali. Check it out and you'll come out with a long list of places and events. You know what interest you the driver don't.;)

thanks a lot man!!!

Hi,

Places to visit:
Pura Tman Ayun
Tanah Lot for sunset
Tampak Siring
Teglalang
Pasar Ubud

Water Rafting
Mt Climbing
Banyan tree cycling tour
Water sports activities
Sky diving

yo zy974, do give us a review of the places after u r back ya? thanks!

i personally have used this driver, highly recommended.
you can read up on his website and mix and match the places you want to visit.
i strongly advise to book the airport transfer with him too. it may cost a few dollars more. but at least you will feel more secured when you touchdown at the airport(there will be a throng of ppl approaching you for transport services)
http://www.balidiscoveryexperience.com/

cyrus26, thanks a lot for the information! i think it will really come handy!

btw to all: i am also going to list my gears for this trip

D90,
10-24 UWA
18-105 standard zoom/potrait
70-300 telezoom
35 f1.8 potrait
fancier tripod

should i bring everything out? or is it safe to leave it in the hotel?

Also, along the way, is it easy to buy water or is there toilets ard?

Hi Desert, my trip on this coming end oct.
D300s and D50 IR.
i only take a potrait lens 50mm f2.8
standard zoom 18-135
tripod, 3x8gb SD card...
Not sure should take UWA lens???

Hi Desert, my trip on this coming end oct.
D300s and D50 IR.
i only take a potrait lens 50mm f2.8
standard zoom 18-135
tripod, 3x8gb SD card...
Not sure should take UWA lens???

Hey, i am going end oct as well!
i think UWA is quite essential! ;)

Hey, i am going end oct as well!
i think UWA is quite essential! ;)

Oh, uhmm consdier it then... need to hunt one UWA for this trip then...
What is your itinerary? I planning now... care to share, PM? ha thanks

Oh, uhmm consdier it then... need to hunt one UWA for this trip then...
What is your itinerary? I planning now... care to share, PM? ha thanks

i also just gathering now, haha

haven plan itinerary first, but i got a lot of places to visit

i think we can both state our itinerary here and ask the others for advice maybe for the sequence for the places to visit and so on.

when is ur flight? pm me if u dun wan to state here? :p

my tour from 28thOct - 1Nov

28th morning depart form KL, arrive arn 12pm to bali.

For the 1st day will take up half day tour with a local driver.(direct from airport)
Not sure if good to visit the volcano then follow by Uluwatu or Tanah lot for Sunset photo taking. then back to resort at Ubub.

2nd day tour still not planned out yet, morning event not confirm yet but evening will be at Jimbaran sunset shooting and dinner.

3rd day some tour around street shot.

4th day shift to Seminyak villa. roam around kuta.

Any suggest and recommended, pls just input... thanks

I am visiting Bali too. Gears :

1. D90
2. 11-16 Tokina
3. 28-300 Nikon
4. Filters - GND/Polariser/ND
5. Tripod

:dunno:

cyrus26, thanks a lot for the information! i think it will really come handy!

btw to all: i am also going to list my gears for this trip

D90,
10-24 UWA
18-105 standard zoom/potrait
70-300 telezoom
35 f1.8 potrait
fancier tripod

should i bring everything out? or is it safe to leave it in the hotel?

Hi All I just came back from Bali, hope i can help u guys with your queries.

It is IMPORTANT to get a reputable driver if you do not wish to end up spending too much time navigating around. I had a bad experience with our hired driver even though he was recommended by the villa staff that I stayed in. The rates should be 350K - 450K for about 8hrs. I was involved in a hit-and-run accident in Ubud and the driver just drove on! He also lost his way and i ended up sacking him and demanded him to drop off in the middle of a village.

if you are taking cab in Bali, try to take bluebird as they are reputable and goes by meter.

Hi All I just came back from Bali, hope i can help u guys with your queries.

It is IMPORTANT to get a reputable driver if you do not wish to end up spending too much time navigating around. I had a bad experience with our hired driver even though he was recommended by the villa staff that I stayed in. The rates should be 350K - 450K for about 8hrs. I was involved in a hit-and-run accident in Ubud and the driver just drove on! He also lost his way and i ended up sacking him and demanded him to drop off in the middle of a village.

if you are taking cab in Bali, try to take bluebird as they are reputable and goes by meter.

hi mushymellow, i will be staying there for 7 days 6 nights
i plan to base at kuta and ubud

should i bring everything out? or is it safe to leave it in the hotel (i am more concern abt my dslr equipment)?