bakzhang season (rice dumpling)

Which flavour you like the most?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Which bak zhang is 'hum yoke zhong'???

since when Teochew bahzhang got gingko nuts inside? :confused:

the traditional Teochew bahzhang has larger concentration of chestnuts and mushrooms.

eikin said:
since when Teochew bahzhang got gingko nuts inside? :confused:

the traditional Teochew bahzhang has larger concentration of chestnuts and mushrooms.

i am not sure..this is what they tell me. They say inside got red bean paste also. It is called " Teo Chew Shuang Ping", means salted and sweet taste.

tantingchin said:
i am not sure..this is what they tell me. They say inside got red bean paste also. It is called " Teo Chew Shuang Ping", means salted and sweet taste.

those are definitely not the traditional Teochew bahzhang as far as 10+ years of experience tells me :bsmilie:

u should have an option to select more than 1 choice...
I like all bak chang.. how? :) except that Chicken Zhang ... what's that?

I love the traditional cantonese bah zhang! vv nice! hehe - personal pref of course....

sidetrack a little - another bah zhang i like is espn's 'bah zhang' :p that one also not bad but i wouldn't eat :p

tantingchin said:
have lah.. my mom have been making those with red bean paste, chestnut and mushroom sinces she was 15 yrs old. now she is 76yo.:)
maybe different provinces?

can't figure out which version my mom just freshly whipped out yday... but it's yum yum, that's all that matters! :D

speaking of which, is there such a thing as jackfruit or durian dumplings? :D

tantingchin said:
the normal hokkien and nonya is $2, cantonese and Teochew is $2.40 and Chicken bakzhang is $2.20. The bakzhang is really big size and nice to eat.

i cant guarentee the price to be as low on thursday onward cos nearer to the festival. That is what the stall seller told me.

Eric

i think the price has gone up.. bought from 'Duan dumpling' the teochew zhang at Bugis.. $2.60 now

Firefox said:
So... Which bak zhang is 'hum yoke zhong'???

think it's Cantonese one.... the type my grandma used to make.... sadly she doesn't make them anymore.... :(

a bit of fatty meat, salted egg yoke, some mushroom, one water chestnut... ;p

btw Cantonese bak zhang got green bean paste one meh? my grandma never made those.

Wah! Now-a-daes got so many moredern valiations that I oso blur!

I love Nonya type, until eat too many get to sweet so I x-plore Hokkien ... or any Teochew ... all see bay SHIOK! Oh well, what to do, I am a glutton!

However, I would die to see a hands-on exhibition of all the Bak Zhang Gaffered DSLRs from CS anydae ... after pigging out on the stick glutanous type of course! Kekekeke ...

when i was younger i used to love the ones with the red-beans inside? Eat with sugar one... woohoo ;P man! i ate and ate and ate until became super fat :p hahahaha but then again, if i could relive my life over... i think i'd still do the same! SO NICE! :sweat: wooo... sweating just by thinking about it! ahh no dumplings in Thailand *BLEAH*

Bak chang ... remind me of the dragon boats race .... :bsmilie:

Yesterdat and todat .. national schs at bedok reservoir

singapore international dragon boat race - 2/3 july at marina bay

just finished a bak change made by my mom .. yummy shiok :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.