Are Food prices going up?

I like this. Pay chasing after inflation.
Welcome to the wage-price spiral, one of the things economists are most afraid of. :bsmilie:

Its the cold hard truth.... whatever one like it or not.

Like I said earlier... I'm a blue collar worker working for one of the public transportation company... whenever there is a farehike... S'porean would complain to no end... suggestion of greed, laziness and even unproductiveness will be all over the internet for months. Crieds of how pockets of S'porean are being hits appears page after page...

Everyone expect we to cut pay, cut cost, cut worker... to save their own pockets. But what about workers like me... who work 7 type of shifts, who work Sat, Sun and Public Holidays... won't we want/need a pay rise too ?? Out of a normal month of work... I have an average of about 6-8 days of rest (depending on shift)... and I also must work 4 days of OT just to keep my head above water and feed my family... and yet the public expect my company to cut pay so they need not pay more... ??!! :think:

Hard Truth.... like it or not... everyone expect/demand/hope for a yearly pay rise... I'll wait for the day when someone volunteer to cut his/her pay... so that my cost of living don't goes up..

Its the cold hard truth.... whatever one like it or not.

Like I said earlier... I'm a blue collar worker working for one of the public transportation company... whenever there is a farehike... S'porean would complain to no end... suggestion of greed, laziness and even unproductiveness will be all over the internet for months. Crieds of how pockets of S'porean are being hits appears page after page...

Everyone expect we to cut pay, cut cost, cut worker... to save their own pockets. But what about workers like me... who work 7 type of shifts, who work Sat, Sun and Public Holidays... won't we want/need a pay rise too ?? Out of a normal month of work... I have an average of about 6-8 days of rest (depending on shift)... and I also must work 4 days of OT just to keep my head above water and feed my family... and yet the public expect my company to cut pay so they need not pay more... ??!! :think:

Hard Truth.... like it or not... everyone expect/demand/hope for a yearly pay rise... I'll wait for the day when someone volunteer to cut his/her pay... so that my cost of living don't goes up..

well, the problem with public transport being operated as a private entity is they are obliged to the shareholders to grow profits year on year (not just be merely profitable).

This means that profits derived (after subtracting from revenue, costs, expenses, etc) has to grow.

One was is to reduce costs further, like So-Pai-Kuah did, reducing the maintenance team (big ooooopppsssssss~!)
Other ways include increasing non-core revenues or introducing high margin ones like rental on fixed asset aka becoming landlord of MRT Shopping Malls and charging exorbitant prices.

The main issue is that the profit growth demanded is by one of the major shareholders, which is ultimately TumorSick Holdings, which needs to justify its exorbitant executive compensation (which is opaque).

HARD TRUTH : Public services operated as profit-GROWTH-driven corporations is not beneficial to the public at all. And you know who is behind it! 2016 - our last chance at fixing a dynastic hegemony of public figures holding and controlling vast "private" assets.

well, the problem with public transport being operated as a private entity is they are obliged to the shareholders to grow profits year on year (not just be merely profitable).

If it's for public importance, it better remain public / gov entity.

This is also the reason some entity can block photographers from taking pics inside its perimeter by saying it's a private entity.. :p

I like this. Pay chasing after inflation.
Welcome to the wage-price spiral, one of the things economists are most afraid of. :bsmilie:

btw, which economist is afraid of wage-price spiral? :think:

Lao-Tzu.

He said, "Wage-price spiral leads to a man drawing foods to cure his hunger."

lao-tzu-004.jpg

Sg economists. Always warning wages must match productivity.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

nothing is more expensive than eating in USA, one meal easily 20 SGD

nothing is more expensive than eating in USA, one meal easily 20 SGD

I believe that's why alot of office worker bring their own lunch.... or at least that's what happening on TV... LOL :bsmilie:

If one become fat, one cannot fit into packed train or bus..
therefore forcing oneself to buy a car :bsmilie:

Don't you know the new euphemism in town?
When you are packed into the bus, train or streets like sardines, you say you are in an

"ENJOYABLE SQUEEZE"

Don't you know the new euphemism in town? When you are packed into the bus, train or streets like sardines, you say you are in an "ENJOYABLE SQUEEZE"

I thought that is "intimate city living"? :)

not a problem if living in Ivory Tower. till today I'm still trying to locate this wonderful place.

I hear this rarefied environment is home to many policymakers and most curiously, ostriches.

If one become fat, one cannot fit into packed train or bus..
therefore forcing oneself to buy a car :bsmilie:

Wow our world class transportation system has a hidden feature -> keeping you slim :bigeyes: :bsmilie:

oooh ... those "economists" kekeke :bsmilie:

Update: Nasi Padang at Funan ....... Rice with Beef Rendang, Cuttle Fish and Kang Kong ......$9/-.

Update: Nasi Padang at Funan ....... Rice with Beef Rendang, Cuttle Fish and Kang Kong ......$9/-.
Yes, I noticed that as well. Several Nasi Padang shops in Kopitiam food courts have prices above $7 per dish.

sick :angry:

....Thought I was doing everyone a favour.... a little constipated this morning but no reason for you to get so angry............. :bsmilie: