Are Food prices going up?

MOM released figures showing Sg median real wages grew only 0.4% this year. :bsmilie:
Since 2012 Sg wage growth and high-end property performance is among the worst in the region. :bsmilie:

No no, wait, Sg high-end property performance is WORST IN THE WORLD! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

MOM released figures showing Sg median real wages grew only 0.4% this year.
Since 2012 Sg wage growth and high-end property performance is among the worst in the region.

No no, wait, Sg high-end property performance is WORST IN THE WORLD!

Please take comfort in the fact that Singapore high-end productivity performance is best in the world.

And our high-end tech wages and public services pays are the highest in the region.

:)

All these elites don't eat normal food like us. Hell, they don't even take bus and MRT! How do they know what we going through daily??!!!!

I heard they also don't breathe in the same air we breathe everyday.

Guys, keep it civil and based in facts as what TS did. Political rants are not tolerated.

Inflation numbers are useless, because of the way they are calculated. Unless you buy the exact same stuff in the "basket" with the exact same proportions, the inflation you experience will be different from the number.

Inflation figures are not useless. They are manipulated to achieve certain economic and/or political objectives.

Do you know the relationship between inflation and wage increment? Let me tell you. By publishing constantly low inflation figures, wage increment cannot go up too much. This is one of the ways to keep our foreign MNCs here. Unions cannot request for higher wages from companies if inflation is low. That's why you see that wage increment is around 2-3% over the years, in line with inflation.

However, in reality, inflation surpassed official figures.

Inflation figures are not useless. They are manipulated to achieve certain economic and/or political objectives.

Do you know the relationship between inflation and wage increment? Let me tell you. By publishing constantly low inflation figures, wage increment cannot go up too much. This is one of the ways to keep our foreign MNCs here. Unions cannot request for higher wages from companies if inflation is low. That's why you see that wage increment is around 2-3% over the years, in line with inflation.

However, in reality, inflation surpassed official figures.

We actually still have unions meh??????? they are nothing like the NY Gangbuster.. here NTUC use to be a union before they become a profit conglomerate heheh.. Here union is just a word for " A Union for a party gathering to booze". That kind of union I see plenty here heheheh... Sorry can't help myself. :bsmilie:

Union here has no teeth.

Oil go up...they raise cost of life

Oil go down...the cost of life stay flat, maybe dip tiny bit, sometimes thrown a bone...

Evil cabal ratchet up problem in world...cycle begin anew...

They come up with inflation and other foolish nonsense...like all of us are stupid or something...

Maybe solution is

1) Be part of evil cabal
2) Be oil man
3) Keep sliding further and further into Peon-ness
4) ???

Last edited:

Oil go down...the cost of life stay flat, maybe dip tiny bit, sometimes thrown a bone...

They come up with inflation and other d other foolish nonsense...like all of us are stupid or something.../QUOTE]

Oil goes down, stock up and sell at a profit when oil goes up again .... Yes, they think we are stupid...... :what:

Inflation numbers are useless, because of the way they are calculated. Unless you buy the exact same stuff in the "basket" with the exact same proportions, the inflation you experience will be different from the number.

That's why they call it inflation.... a sustained increase in the general price level of goods and services over a period of time..... but wages are unable to cope.

They come up with inflation and other foolish nonsense...like all of us are stupid or something...

Maybe solution is

1) Be part of evil cabal
2) Be oil man
4) ???

Nowadays the oil men are also being squeezed :bsmilie::bsmilie:
$35 per barrel, here we come! :bsmilie:

Maybe solution is

1) Be part of evil cabal
2) Be oil man
4) ???

The Evil of Capitalism......

We actually still have unions meh??????? they are nothing like the NY Gangbuster.. here NTUC use to be a union before they become a profit conglomerate heheh.. Here union is just a word for " A Union for a party gathering to booze". That kind of union I see plenty here heheheh... Sorry can't help myself. :bsmilie:

Union here has no teeth.

People Power = Union. :)

Union here has no teeth.

Yes, all of us know that the unions in Singapore have no tooth. Some will not like it while some will like it. It is a another topic for discussion which I shall not discuss it further.

The inflation figures are provided to not just the unions but also companies when comes to wage increment formulations.

Inflation figures cannot be too high, else it will frighten the foreign MNCs. Do you want them to move out of Singapore; leaving behind a lot of retrenchment, etc.

it is getting more and more expensive to live in this country..