Any Zune users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway I'm just wondering ..... you said you've never used an ipod before. Did you mean you've never tried - as in not touched/listen to one before just never owned?

Only listened to an iPod nano (earlier version) briefly at a department store a couple of years ago. Wasn't in the market for a player at that time, so was just curious when I saw it on display and demo.

The orientation sensor is pretty interesting and current iPods do not really have such a feature (except the upcoming iPhone). I'm not too sure abt the user interface since it appears pretty strange to me.

BTW, what WLAN protocol has the Zune got? 802.11b (11mbps), 802.11g (56mbps) or 802.11n (100mbps)? Wireless sync sounds nice as well, if there's anything I'm cussing my iPod on, its the photo transfer feature which can only be done on iTunes and not iPhoto. Groan.....

I don't think there is an orientation sensor. The player just change to lanscape mode when displaying pictures or playing video. The controls also rotate 90 degrees with the display.

Not sure which WLAN protocol it is using...

Don't mind me asking...where did you buy Zune from and how much?

I bought it secondhand from a colleague. 2-month old, with the car kit (car adapter and FM transmitter) for US$200.

Online stores are selling the player alone for around US$250.

I bought it secondhand from a colleague. 2-month old, with the car kit (car adapter and FM transmitter) for US$200.

Online stores are selling the player alone for around US$250.

what colour did you buy? And care to share pics? :bsmilie:

Zune is not available in SG yet. :) Soon, maybe.

I don't think there is an orientation sensor. The player just change to lanscape mode when displaying pictures or playing video. The controls also rotate 90 degrees with the display.

Not sure which WLAN protocol it is using...
Oh, which means the controls are mounted on something like a wheel? Interesting. ;p

Zune... Zune... Hmm..... :think: Nah, think I'll stick to my iPod. ;p

Oh, which means the controls are mounted on something like a wheel? Interesting. ;p

Zune... Zune... Hmm..... :think: Nah, think I'll stick to my iPod. ;p

The controls are like a D-pad. 4 buttons under the curcle wheel located on N,S E and W. The top and bottom (N and S) controls volume in music playback but when the player is used in landscape mode for video playback the E and W buttons becomes top and bottom and are automatically switched to volume control function.

The Zune that is out is only version 1. I am sure further Zune versions will be even more interesting. Just like how it took ipod awhile to reach today's product design.

Status
Not open for further replies.