Any tips on Laos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
Has anyone travelled in Laos before? Can share your itinerary and where you booked your flight ticket etc. I just wanna gather some info first. thanks for any input!

tomshen said:
Has anyone travelled in Laos before? Can share your itinerary and where you booked your flight ticket etc. I just wanna gather some info first. thanks for any input!

Most people don't fly direct into Laos and I don't think there is a direct flight from Singapore. It's a beautiful country and I swear by it.. Have fun!! :)

GDSNP said:
Most people don't fly direct into Laos and I don't think there is a direct flight from Singapore. It's a beautiful country and I swear by it.. Have fun!! :)
That's true. Wondering how did you book your flight? Transfer from Thailand or Vietnam?

tomshen said:
That's true. Wondering how did you book your flight? Transfer from Thailand or Vietnam?
I didn't fly into Laos. I flew in to Bangkok, took an overnight bus to Nong Khai and entered Laos via the Friendship Bridge. If you are only keen on flying, I think you can try flying in from Hanoi. I know Vietnam Airlines fly between Hanoi and Vientiane.

Another way is to fly into Bangkok, stay overnight and take flight to Vientiane. There is only one flight a day from Bangkok to Vientiane.

Status
Not open for further replies.