Any tips on Laos?


Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#1
Has anyone travelled in Laos before? Can share your itinerary and where you booked your flight ticket etc. I just wanna gather some info first. thanks for any input!
 

GDSNP

New Member
Dec 17, 2003
513
0
0
39
Australia
www.flickr.com
#2
tomshen said:
Has anyone travelled in Laos before? Can share your itinerary and where you booked your flight ticket etc. I just wanna gather some info first. thanks for any input!
Most people don't fly direct into Laos and I don't think there is a direct flight from Singapore. It's a beautiful country and I swear by it.. Have fun!! :)
 

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#3
GDSNP said:
Most people don't fly direct into Laos and I don't think there is a direct flight from Singapore. It's a beautiful country and I swear by it.. Have fun!! :)
That's true. Wondering how did you book your flight? Transfer from Thailand or Vietnam?
 

GDSNP

New Member
Dec 17, 2003
513
0
0
39
Australia
www.flickr.com
#4
tomshen said:
That's true. Wondering how did you book your flight? Transfer from Thailand or Vietnam?
I didn't fly into Laos. I flew in to Bangkok, took an overnight bus to Nong Khai and entered Laos via the Friendship Bridge. If you are only keen on flying, I think you can try flying in from Hanoi. I know Vietnam Airlines fly between Hanoi and Vientiane.
 

Jul 12, 2004
374
0
0
CCK
#5
Another way is to fly into Bangkok, stay overnight and take flight to Vientiane. There is only one flight a day from Bangkok to Vientiane.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom