Any Nice and comfortable Camera Strap to intro???

m1kid,

Hope your hand is as big as mine, cos if its smaller, i'm not sure if the hand loop is usable. Just give it a try.

HTH.

went cathay n saw the optech strap..

wats the diff btw pro n normal strap...pro more ex by 7..but i find the padding for the norm 1 better..in sense more firm and wont absorb the sweat as complain by many...
pro the hook to the cam is diff...tats all i knw...

so can any1 shed some light..

thanx

i got a rapid R-strap (RS4), and i think its awesome :) really great design, n worth ever cent :D very comfortable to use, very easy to use, and secure as hell

Just got my orange pixelated industry disgrace yesterday and it feels damn good after mounting all my stuff on my cam (baterry grip and flash) But still must test it in the field so see whether is it really comfortable. But i'm really happy with it :thumbsup:

Hi, I do have some design of straps for sale. Made from neoprene at $14 each. I've posted them in the mass sales column. You can check it out!! ;)

have used optech straps before...from the super classic to the pro straps...

They probably worked better in terms of relieving some weight off your shoulders and necks...BUT they are bulky, and after slinging over your shoulder/neck for a while, you get hot and sweaty, esp. at the area the strap is covering, and you absorb a hell lot of sweat(the strap is not exactly breathable ..)

The bulkiness also makes it difficult to twine the strap around your wrist in those instances that you want to...

So what am i using now? Thinktank straps...these straps are really thin, but surprisingly very easy to work with..convenient to sling around on the go, easy to keep, does not make you sweat excessively, and i find it comfortable enough to use...totally love it, and ever since adopting these straps, have never had the need to look for new alternatives anymore...

yes, i believe in terms of weight bearing, the optech should be better since scientifically the larger surface area and cushioning should make it more comfortable, but its not like the ThinkTank is uncomfortable to use, it still offers comfortability that i m more than satisfied with...totally pleased...

Thinktank is not cheap though...goes for about $35 i think...but i do recommend you try...=)

The decision is up to you, we all have different preferences...

(by the way, have used the strap with D3 / 70-200 / SB-900..)

How does the Think Tank strap looks like?
have quick release?
where to get it? :think:

I think most of the straps are Neoprene, would generate heat due to the humid atmosphere here. So even I'm in aircon shopping centre, i still perspire till my canon strap is wet! :sweat:

Straps... waaa so many out there.

Optech, Crumpler, R-strap, Vanguard, Kata come to mind immediately.... and tons of no name brands that copy the more popular ones. Just go to some shops and try them out. OP in SLS, CP at Peninsular are good places to go see and try.

Me? I use Optech and R-strap, depending on which camera I use or the need. I do switch them around a lot.

Last edited:
i got a rapid R-strap (RS4), and i think its awesome :) really great design, n worth ever cent :D very comfortable to use, very easy to use, and secure as hell

Did you get the camo one?

How does the Think Tank strap looks like?
have quick release?
where to get it? :think:

I think most of the straps are Neoprene, would generate heat due to the humid atmosphere here. So even I'm in aircon shopping centre, i still perspire till my canon strap is wet! :sweat:

updates!

Actually the EOS bag also giving perspiring problem on my shoulder.
One solution I found, simply flip the padding, let the "EOS Digital" face on your shoulder. No need anti slip at all for me.
Then less heat generated on my shoulder.

was at OP(SLS) today, compared between Matin and Op Tech.
Ended up with Op Tech Pro Loop. Period.

Last edited:
i bought e one tt u posted for $15. very comfortable and slim. i didn't like e optech coz it's too wide n gets in the way. my gear is a heavy set-up. just a 30D + 17-50m lens at most.

didnt know tenba have this strap...

i only know skooba have exactly the same strap. but it is not found in SG yet.
I think it's made by skooba from 1 of teh pic
except it's cheaper