Any Nice and comfortable Camera Strap to intro???

im an optech user too....yah the quick release is good..i normalli use it as a wrist strap once released....super convenient...

but i have nv come across another dslr user on streets using optech....hmm...

Last edited:
Hi,

Op/Tech Pro Loop. Bought recently from Cathay Photo for $35, and if I remove the neoprene part, I can turn it into a hand strap, so that my hands do not get too far away from the body. It is still within your budget, and you can go for a movie after you bought it. hehehehe.

Comes in a few colors. Check this out.

If you are keen as to what I'm referring to in regards to hand strap, PM me, and I'll show you the way to do it without any form of alteration.

HTH.

Share it wit us bro,how you do it?

I use the crumpler strap. so far its quite gd, except that a bit pricey. it feels comfortable too, but idk if its more comfy than the optech, never used the optech one b4

Neoprene Digital Camera and Camcorder Neck Strap

Is this strap gd??? cos seems really value for money....

guys, ha ha, can we stop for a moment?

TS, WHAT type of camera+lens do you intend to get a strap for ?

PnS?
DSLR+ kit lens?
DSLR + monster zoom?
attaching a flash unit rarely/sometimes/all the time?

what kind of size and weight combination are we looking at ?

THEN let the good advise flood in

guys, ha ha, can we stop for a moment?

TS, WHAT type of camera+lens do you intend to get a strap for ?

PnS?
DSLR+ kit lens?
DSLR + monster zoom?
attaching a flash unit rarely/sometimes/all the time?

THEN let the good advise flood in

ha ok... Erm i am now using D90 with kit lens might get a battery grip though...

Since we are discussing about his, what is a good strap for heavy equipment like with 70-200mm f/2.8 attached?

How do you guys normally hold tele lens? Leave it hanging vertically like it is going to pull out the mounting rim on the body?

Cheers,
Ben

Since we are discussing about his, what is a good strap for heavy equipment like with 70-200mm f/2.8 attached?

How do you guys normally hold tele lens? Leave it hanging vertically like it is going to pull out the mounting rim on the body?

Cheers,
Ben

Take a look at R-strap

im looking for neck cum shoulder strap. so that when my neck is tired i can swtich to shoulder..

so is all the above mention strap long enuff for shoulder?
but for optech the plastic connector is a concern as i think it is not as lasting and will break although it has some good functionality like quick release into a hand strap.

saw the skooba strap ...looks good...

any1 uses tat?

Last edited:
Take a look at R-strap

Been drooling over the R-Strap but still cannot convince myself that having the telephoto lens "hanging" over the mounting rim on the body is the right way to handle it. When using tripod with telephoto lens, it mounts on the lens instead of the body. May be I should watch the R-strap video more often :D.

Cheers,
Ben

In response to request for how a handstrap can be created from an Op/Tech Pro Loop camera strap.

The neoprene pad is removed.
4293526492_53141c85f3_m.jpg

The right strap is looped through the left strap.
4292784919_96fcaafeee_m.jpg

This shows the right strap has ben threaded through the left strap.
4293527274_d149bb4afd_m.jpg

Lock the straps together.
4293527684_cbb3de9bdf_m.jpg

Adjust the straps until it makes enough room to fit your hand in.
4293528038_12fd60d872_m.jpg

-- To continued --

-- Continue --

Put your hand through the newly created loop.
4293528470_a2fbd18806_m.jpg

You are ready to go!
4293526062_a212db817d_m.jpg

The End

HTH.

Optech for use with DSLRs, it makes heavy setups bearable and light entry level setups a piece of cake :D

Optech for use with DSLRs, it makes heavy setups bearable and light entry level setups a piece of cake :D

It is supposedly able to take off your burden 50% of your camera weight ... according to Cathay Photo sales staff. Knowing their reputation, I wouldn't say I'd bank on it, but I'd give credible weight to their recommendations.

R strap! :thumbsup:

Previously I used optech pro loop. It's quite ok but I prefer the strap on my shoulder esp when the weather is hot.

Don't worry about the quick release clips. If you are worried, just cable tie it. So far I did not have any problems with Optech pro loop and I didn't cable tie any.

It is supposedly able to take off your burden 50% of your camera weight ... according to Cathay Photo sales staff. Knowing their reputation, I wouldn't say I'd bank on it, but I'd give credible weight to their recommendations.

Thanx for your instructional guide...:)