A tissue packet too far

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Tissue issue will never end. We are living in a highly competitive society. Kiasuism had been inplanted into our mind for so long.

BTW is taking those packet of tissue away an offence? Can it be considered stealling?

Stealing? First, it is an item with no clear identification of its owner. Secondly, it is left in a public domain unattended like rubbish.

Well, let's face it. We aren't a gracious society, yet. So let's stop pretend that the "inner graciousness" will somehow manifest itself with cute little campaigns.

The only way to make this culture go away is to make it a law that, unless there's a person sitting at a hawker center table, ANY unattended items will be swept away by the hawker center cleaners. Heck, attach a fine as well to both the patron and the hawker center management if not complied to.

Until then, we can continue suffer these daily indignities with a smile :bsmilie:

why suffer in silence? To heck with tissue paper booking. If i were u, i will deliberately sit on tables that are booked with tissue papers and act blur. What can they do to you? Scream at you? I would LOVE to get into an arguement though just too see what this tissue paper folks can come up with...I can say that there's traces of my saliva on the table that i left behind earlier and who is to argue?
I really can't understand why a table of 4-5 people cannot leave a guy behind??

The problem with singaporeans is tat we tend to bury our heads into the sand and hope things will go away.

haha, first time arrived in singapore not knowing any custom, i just 'used' the tissue paper.

Especially to a tourists, at least they should just leave and give the table to them and find other table.

why different treatment between local and tourist?
do the frech treat local worse that their tourist?

Hahaha not only in CBD areas lor.
I am in attachment now at JTC factory area kind, also like that!
People use umbrella and put on the table, with tissue papers -.-
More tokong right? wahaha polytechnics and universities also like that
:thumbsd:

I think next time i should try taking away the tissue papers, with my friends. XD
keep them. and when the people comes back ask why like that, say we didn see any tissue papers. XD

solved! boooooooooo :sweatsm:

It's a 'Uniquely Singaporean' phenomenon! :embrass:

why different treatment between local and tourist?
do the frech treat local worse that their tourist?
I most sporean know what this tissue doing on the table, but tourist may not, so give them a chance :bsmilie:

Campus cafeterias have more than enough seating capacity, hence it's alright. And most people expect to be doing work there at one point or another.

although i have never done it, but i understand why people working in that area does it. we have 1 hr for lunch and most often than not, it coincides with everyone else's eating time. given the limited number of seats and long queues for food, it is more efficient to buy and not have to look for seats later on. leaving someone to wait for u may not be a good idea because queueing can take up to 20 mins and by the time, u come back with the food, the other person has less than 30 mins to buy and eat his food. if u reach the food court or hawker centre late, u can take up to 15 mins easily to get a place to sit as well.
there's this simple solution called

"somebody buy for the guy who waits"

I think next time i should try taking away the tissue papers, with my friends. XD
keep them. and when the people comes back ask why like that, say we didn see any tissue papers. XD

solved! boooooooooo :sweatsm:

No, go early and book lots of random seat with tissue paper, then let those ppls wait until siaz. :bsmilie:

I've given this a thought but just couldnt find the right kakis to do it...

a group of maybe 4-5 of us can have lunch in town ... get our drinks 1st & wait for tissue-gangs to chop their places... once they've done it,we sit at the chopped seats... when they come back & create a scene,tell them to call police if they think they have the right...:think:

so...who wants to join me? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.