500D Users Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi 500d user,

One thing I would like to ask about the capacity of the battery. My feeling is that the LCD screen of the Canon will use a lot because high resolution (comparing the D5000). What do you think about this point ?

Thanks.

Hi 500d user,

One thing I would like to ask about the capacity of the battery. My feeling is that the LCD screen of the Canon will use a lot because high resolution (comparing the D5000). What do you think about this point ?

Thanks.

From my experience, it can easily last 1000 shots and besides spare batt is a must! :)

Hi 500d user,

Thanks.
Given Canon's number of shots per a full charged battery when comparing 500d vs 450d. The number of shots reduces by maybe ard 10% +/-

I am able to take 470 shots spread across 2 days and also 5min video x 02. It of cos comes with some previewing of pictures and 1 or 2 video playback. All of these on 1 charge. I rarely use e flash.

If all else fails, can always get a 2nd battery :)

I not sure about D5000 so i can only peg e diff vs 450d

Thanks Burnings & Zelot ...
I willl get an extra bateri.

Another small questions ...
The third OEM Bateri ..will it spoil the Canon SLR Body? Should we go for original Canon bateri.
Thanks

Hi, just got my 500d as well and still at the exploring stage. My 1st dslr and first camera,hahahaha

Thanks Burnings & Zelot ...
I willl get an extra bateri.

Another small questions ...
The third OEM Bateri ..will it spoil the Canon SLR Body? Should we go for original Canon bateri.
Thanks
Why not you try to see if 1 battery can last you for 1 or more days each time you use it.

If it can last 1 day with your usage, i dun really see a need to buy a 2nd battery, my 2 cents only :)

Why not you try to see if 1 battery can last you for 1 or more days each time you use it.

If it can last 1 day with your usage, i dun really see a need to buy a 2nd battery, my 2 cents only :)

OK... will try first.

This weekend will go to Funan .. :D:D

Which shop your recommended in Funan? Can share? Thanks oh... ;)

hi, everyone, just got my 500D, got a few question.

1) how long should i charge the battery?

2) should i remove the battery, memory card and strap while my 500D body is in the dry cabinet?

3) thinking of buying a screen protector, those 3 inch cannot cover the whole screen, only cannot cover the LCD, where can find LCD protector that can cover the whole screen?

thanks.

hi, everyone, just got my 500D, got a few question.

1) how long should i charge the battery?

2) should i remove the battery, memory card and strap while my 500D body is in the dry cabinet?

3) thinking of buying a screen protector, those 3 inch cannot cover the whole screen, only cannot cover the LCD, where can find LCD protector that can cover the whole screen?

thanks.

1. 8 hrs first charge
2. No need
3. You should request for a free screen protector when you bought the camera (Maybe now still can ask them?) :)

OK... will try first.

This weekend will go to Funan .. :D:D

Which shop your recommended in Funan? Can share? Thanks oh... ;)

Actually it is not about how long the battery will last but it is a good to have backup because we dun always start the shoot with a fresh batt and you dunno when it will run flat. :p

In Funan, you can visit John 3.16, SLR revo and you can also walk over to Peninsula for Cathay photo. I heard there is another one at Peninsula hotel's shopping.

1. 8 hrs first charge
2. No need
3. You should request for a free screen protector when you bought the camera (Maybe now still can ask them?) :)

thanks for the reply, bought from Canon buy back program, already dirt cheap for a 500D kit2 at $1588, i dont think they will throw in a screen protector too.

Actually it is not about how long the battery will last but it is a good to have backup because we dun always start the shoot with a fresh batt and you dunno when it will run flat. :p

In Funan, you can visit John 3.16, SLR revo and you can also walk over to Peninsula for Cathay photo. I heard there is another one at Peninsula hotel's shopping.

Thank Burning.....I will get another backup bateri. bcoz I will bring over to Japan for my travel...Cool environment will use up more bateri.. this what i experience before when using compact.. ;-)

Will check the shop you mention.. .10 again

Hmm, my fren just bought his 500d from a shop in Funan called SLR-Revolution. You can check that shop out.

Thank Zelot.. will check the shop you mention..... :D

Last edited:
Bought one with kit 2 set.. Haha joined the family~ time for shoot shoot

Finally, I bought my first DSLR Camera ... Canon 500D

Canon EOS500D with 18-55 kit lens with EOS bag, EOS500D user guide, 2 x 8 GB SDHC (Class 6) Memory, tripod.
3rd party battery, cleaning kit, screen protector and Hoya UV filer @S$1190.00 (ext GST)

Anybody get extra original Canon battery? The sale person not allow to give. haiz.... Just worried the 3rd party battery will spoil the camera body .. (will it be?)

Canon EOS500D with 18-55 kit lens with EOS bag, EOS500D user guide, 2 x 8 GB SDHC (Class 6) Memory, tripod.
3rd party battery, cleaning kit, screen protector and Hoya UV filer @S$1190.00 (ext GST)

Anybody get extra original Canon battery? The sale person not allow to give. haiz.... Just worried the 3rd party battery will spoil the camera body .. (will it be?)

Welcome! Seems like you got yourself quite a deal huh? :D
I don't own a 3rd party batt but I don't it will cause any damage. So far have not come across any threads complaining abt such things. Most of my friends use 3rd party spare batt too and they seem to be doing fine :)

Welcome! Seems like you got yourself quite a deal huh? :D
I don't own a 3rd party batt but I don't it will cause any damage. So far have not come across any threads complaining abt such things. Most of my friends use 3rd party spare batt too and they seem to be doing fine :)

Thank Mimik .. can start to shoot shoot & shoot .. heee
Still long way to learn ... Hope getting more interested in SLR ...

:D

Harvey Norman selling exactly the same package but with original battery at $1299 nett. heheh :)

Usually 3rd party battery is higher mAH than original to give longer usage so still not so bad la.

Status
Not open for further replies.