500D Users Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Has anyone tried 50mm f1.8 on 500D? I just bought mine today and I was wondering if autofocusing response abit slower than when using kit lens normal? Are the pictures sharp? seems like my pictures turns out alittle soft though.....

Same settings for both kit lens and prime. f3.5, shutter speed 1/50, auto-ISO.

Hi, i jus bought my 500D. Jus checking how do you set your personalised picture style and if anyone can advise the settings for sephia??? Thanks

Hi everyone,just got my 500D last nite...Hope to learn more from the bros n sis here..

1st question: Izzit necessary to keep the camera in a dry box or can just keep inside the bag given???

Last edited:
Hi,
Has anyone tried 50mm f1.8 on 500D? I just bought mine today and I was wondering if autofocusing response abit slower than when using kit lens normal? Are the pictures sharp? seems like my pictures turns out alittle soft though.....

The AF is slow... But Pics Quality is ok... Been using it for 2 months liow...Took lots of Nice Pics for my baby Gal....

Hi everyone,just got my 500D last nite...Hope to learn more from the bros n sis here..

1st question: Izzit necessary to keep the camera in a dry box or can just keep inside the bag given???

Hi...:)

I think it's better to keep it in the Dry Box when not in use...
Go take a look at this...:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366580

Hi,

Hi blurb,

I don't have the kit lens, so I can't really compare. I used to have the kit lens for the 400D but I really hated it. When I bought the 500D i just decided not to use kit lens at all, but I have no issues with the AF on the 50mm f1.8. In fact it's my favourite lens for portraiture.

50mm f1.8 is actually quite a good cheap portrait lens no problem with AF mode and pic is quite sharp too. I am content with it unless you want to own a better lens haha like f1.2

Hi everyone, i'm a DSLR newbie who just bought a 500d.

Just went for the canon workshop a wk ago and the instructor was saying there are downloadable modes in canon website for beginners to learn on the various settings. But i can't seem to find it ard. Can anyone advise?

Then also, i notice alot of dust gets in between my lens and my Tokina filter easily, in a matter of few days. I have yet to get a dry box, keeps in bag when not in use. Is the filter "loose" thus resulting in this? As when i clean the filter, the glass seems shaky.

THanks in advance for any replies! :)

Hi everyone, i'm a DSLR newbie who just bought a 500d.

Just went for the canon workshop a wk ago and the instructor was saying there are downloadable modes in canon website for beginners to learn on the various settings. But i can't seem to find it ard. Can anyone advise?

Then also, i notice alot of dust gets in between my lens and my Tokina filter easily, in a matter of few days. I have yet to get a dry box, keeps in bag when not in use. Is the filter "loose" thus resulting in this? As when i clean the filter, the glass seems shaky.

THanks in advance for any replies! :)

Hi Happysnowball

Welcome to the family, the website that i found hope that this helps.

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/enjoydslr/

As for the filter once in while take it out and clean it and the surface of your lens it should be fine, but get yourself a dry cabinet to keep the equipment it will save your equipment from dust and fungus.

Cheers

The AF is slow... But Pics Quality is ok... Been using it for 2 months liow...Took lots of Nice Pics for my baby Gal....

I finally got used to 50mm. Pictures turn out pretty sharp...probably it's just me, i'm not used to that lens at first. As for the AF i must say it's alittle slow and noisy as well.

01 x 8gb high speed SDHC, canon bag and canon book is given by Canon SG themselves thus MS color is giving you an extra 8gb shdc.

However, the promo for the free 50mm F1.8 has ended on 25th nov alr.

So the current offer by MS Color is average price and items you will get.
The savings from 1299 - 1150 can be used to buy a dry cabinet which will be very useful

cheers :)

Hi Guys,

Planning to get a 500D during this coming dec. May i know is this the cheapest offer ard?

How abt shops in Funan like SLR-Revolution and John3:16?

Thanks in advance.

Recenty,bought 500D with 18-200mm len with stein zeiser UV filter.Any good recommendation for a good UV filter to replace the current and the price ?

Recenty,bought 500D with 18-200mm len with stein zeiser UV filter.Any good recommendation for a good UV filter to replace the current and the price ?

U can try B+W filters :thumbsup:
Prices u can check the price guide section or call/email shops directly

hello i just bought my 500D from the expo IT fair.
still a beginner of dslr.
and not sure whether should i need a fliter for my lens?

hello i just bought my 500D from the expo IT fair.
still a beginner of dslr.
and not sure whether should i need a fliter for my lens?

Normal UV / clear filter is to give extra protection to your lens. (So if got something accidentally pointed to your lens it won't scratch the front glass) You can purchase a Tokina filter will do.

Hey people! Can i know where to get the cheapest(name out the price) CANON 500D?

how do i shoot panorama photos ah?

There are a lot of filter in the market.Which is the best for 18-200mm Lens setup and What's the price range??Should i replace the stein Zeiser UV filter?Appreciate for the advise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.