3 wise men

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowmountain

Oct 20, 2009
3_wise_men.JPG

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
- I would like comments on the composition, colour and exposure.

2. What do I hope to achieve with the piece of work?
- we see many things in our home daily but dont pay attn to their details.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
- very excited. just got my camera and shot anything tt is willing

4.What do I personally thinks of the picture
- I like e compo. but color a bit disappoiinting

couple of things to consider...
1) temperature/lighting...correct the wb..
2) ur caption is 3 wise men..but why do u put the focus on the middle man and not the nearer one/further one/ all 3? :think:

Just getting to familiarize with your camera, it will take some time.
Basically , this picture is a try out to see that how your camera function.
It is too early to talk about composition, lighting etc.
Do shoot some more pictures, but refers to your camera's manual.
Title here doesn't fit. They are just three deities, representing...Prosperity, Longevity and Wealth.

I understand your excitement.

1) Color temperature is too warm, however you will start paying attention to this once you play around with the White Balance settings.

2) It would be more interesting if you focused on all three or on just one man on the far right or far left. Middle positioning is not as interesting.

thanks to all who dropped in with your comments..cheers :)

the composition is.. just.. lacking. the background is messy, the oof statues compete with the one in focus for attention, and the dominant cast to top it off, just deals the coup de grace to whatever semblance of composition you have.

less is more. find a clean background, just shoot the three face on with a moderate aperture (f/5.6). why not?

I feel that the picture is a tad too reddish, If the main focus is the 3 wise man try to not have any distractions such as the frame behind the statues and the plant at the back. Also try to include more of your subject ( the right most statue got cut off ). Just my thoughts on this =)

Status
Not open for further replies.