2009 FORMULA 1 ING BELGIAN GRAND PRIX - 30 August 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard in the news earlier that Ferarri is appealing to have a 3rd driver for next year, they're bringing in Michael. Or are they not expecting Massa to be back even by next season?

if massa's recovery is goes well,

he'll be back on the grid next year.

he is contracted til 2010 with kimi.

hopefully they do not change their formation,

as both are great individual drivers and work well to clinch the constructors' championship.

KIMI WINS AT SPA FRANCORCHAMPS!!! :thumbsup:

Awesome stuff for Kimi to show the driver still makes a difference despite no more new parts coming in. And yes, the KERS helped hugely too!

The "Injuns" are on a charge. I can imagine VJ mushing the whole team "Come on ya, I want some results ya!". Congrats to their first points, and what a haul of points :thumbsup:

And the Kid delivers again in 3rd place. Hope to see him in a Ferrari some day soon enough!

if massa's recovery is goes well,

he'll be back on the grid next year.

he is contracted til 2010 with kimi.

hopefully they do not change their formation,

as both are great individual drivers and work well to clinch the constructors' championship.

If Ferrari gets Schumi back next year, they'll keep both Kimi and Massa. After seeing the alpha male showdown at McLaren in 2007, it would be extremely foolish for Ferrari to have both Alonso and Schumi in the same team.

However, if Santander's money talks louder in the end, it would just come down to Alonso and either Kimi OR Massa for 2010 drives.

So this Luca guy came in last? WTF?!?! Ferrari is wasting its money, time and resources on this guy. Might as well just field 1 car. He race like din race at all, no diff, just sit in the stands supporting Ferrari will help the team more.

I have a question - next year, there will be no re-fuelling. But what about tyre changes?

Refueling is banned next year, tyre changes are as per normal. This leads to an interesting situation, depending on how you look at it.

For sure there will be more overtaking on track because now you cant wait for your pitstops. Cars will be topped with whole load of fuel for entire race and you may see some jokers running out of fuel at the end of the race. Drivers will have to learn how to control their tyre wear, as heavy load and aggressive driving leads to heavy tyre wear. Cars with fresh tyres after their pitstop will be faster on track.

In qualifying session 3, the cars will be running to their true pace as they no longer need to put the race fuel in for Q3, meaning they run light. And leads to a double whammy, the fastest car is right at the front, so where's the over taking gonna come from?

So this Luca guy came in last? WTF?!?! Ferrari is wasting its money, time and resources on this guy. Might as well just field 1 car. He race like din race at all, no diff, just sit in the stands supporting Ferrari will help the team more.

In sat practice, race engineer Rob Smedly was arguing in the radio to Luca and he said "I know, that's my job. Now if you were to string ever thing together in one lap you would be few tenths off kimi." Too bad they never broadcast what Luca Badoer said.

Btw Badoer is really rusty. Into Eau Rouge, he tap on the brakes. Into Pouhon, he braked slightly. Overall lack of confidence is the answer to why he is so slow. Out he goes...

Latest update (heard over the radio): Renault is under investigation for a race in 2008 - Singapore GP.

Apparently Piquet Jr told the press something. Team order for him to crash to help Alonso win??? :dunno:

Latest update (heard over the radio): Renault is under investigation for a race in 2008 - Singapore GP.

Apparently Piquet Jr told the press something. Team order for him to crash to help Alonso win??? :dunno:

That is was the conspiracy theory at that time...

I'd say, give Michael a neck brace and send him in!! Anyway Ferarri is going to "evaluate" Badoer's position. :nono:

In sat practice, race engineer Rob Smedly was arguing in the radio to Luca and he said "I know, that's my job. Now if you were to string ever thing together in one lap you would be few tenths off kimi." Too bad they never broadcast what Luca Badoer said.

Btw Badoer is really rusty. Into Eau Rouge, he tap on the brakes. Into Pouhon, he braked slightly. Overall lack of confidence is the answer to why he is so slow. Out he goes...

Q: How do you pronounce "Luca Badoer"?
A: Look-how Bad-you-are

:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

really lah... this guy cannot make it. i've never seen a Ferrari picking up the rear end.

In qualifying session 3, the cars will be running to their true pace as they no longer need to put the race fuel in for Q3, meaning they run light. And leads to a double whammy, the fastest car is right at the front, so where's the over taking gonna come from?

gonna come from those gung-ho drivers who will chiong from the start and then later slow down to be overtaken because need to conserve fuel to reach the finishing line. so, there will be a lot of overtakings :bsmilie:

I'd say, give Michael a neck brace and send him in!! Anyway Ferarri is going to "evaluate" Badoer's position. :nono:

i don't mind seeing Giancarlo in a Ferrari in Monza. you can never script it better than having an Italian driving a Ferrari in Monza. the Tifosi will go wild if he actually wins the race. i can already hear the bells ringing in the churches all around Italy.

i don't mind seeing Giancarlo in a Ferrari in Monza. you can never script it better than having an Italian driving a Ferrari in Monza. the Tifosi will go wild if he actually wins the race. i can already hear the bells ringing in the churches all around Italy.

True. But the way Giancarlo was whinging on how sad he was on not winning despite being faster than Kimi and moping like he was going to cry any instant just shows how emotionally unsteady he is. Not exactly the kind of driver I'd like to see in a Ferrari to be honest.

True. But the way Giancarlo was whinging on how sad he was on not winning despite being faster than Kimi and moping like he was going to cry any instant just shows how emotionally unsteady he is. Not exactly the kind of driver I'd like to see in a Ferrari to be honest.

It's an Italian thing.

Being stoic is a German and Finn thing. ;p

no doubt badoer may not be a point-scoring kinda driver

i'd say it's unfair that he's been marked down

the man has clocked a little less then 500KM in the car prior to this season.

during testing, the car was rather unstable and hence the lack of testing.

hopefully they keep him, or they can also give the seat to marc gene.

if badoer scores 1 point, i'm sure they will keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.