Not open for further replies.

nikoncam

Jun 23, 2006
Hi guys,

Here are some of the pics I took from the zoo:

Otter

DSC_2408.jpg

Comments, pls.

Please read the FAQ for this sub-forum. You're only allowed to post one for Critique and please do a write up.

Thanks for the reminder.:)

Here are some of the write-ups :

Noticed the 3 otters lined up very nicely & hence captured the moment, especially the "very expressive" otter on the most left.

Camera settings :
Focal Length - 112mm
Shutter priority
F6.3
Exposure time - 1/100 sec

Would like comments & advice on clarity, composition & depth of field of the pictures.

Thanks.

My personal take on this photo is that there's too much irrelevant stuff included in the background. The main subject is obviously the creature looking into the lens, at the bottom left corner and the one next to him seems to be looking at him but the third one is looking elsewhere, so I would crop him off as well, resulting in something like this:

891966102_724b903f3a_m.jpg

That black thing in the water above the creature's head, I think you can edit it off.

My personal take on this photo is that there's too much irrelevant stuff included in the background. The main subject is obviously the creature looking into the lens, at the bottom left corner and the one next to him seems to be looking at him but the third one is looking elsewhere, so I would crop him off as well, resulting in something like this:

That black thing in the water above the creature's head, I think you can edit it off.

I think the black thing is the tail... :bsmilie:

Anyway, I have the same take that there are too much distractions in the original picture. But I might have made it into a panaromic crop instead to highlight the 3 otters....

Thanks, this is what I want to hear! Yep, I think you do make sense.
Hmm, great! Anymore comments to the pic? Do you think I have managed to capture the expressive otter that is enough to attract viewer's attention? If not, what's needed to improve?

Lastly, for a scale of 1 to 10. How do you rate this pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.