You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah the max 20 pushup rule

once i had my newbirds do area cleaning before they can go home for the weekend

and every mistake they made will owe me 20
in the end they owe me 80 push ups

on the count of 20 they all hold it there, i told them the rule and that they must rest before they can cont.
but the ferry was leaving soon ..... :devil:

so i closed my eyes and say if they want to do all 80 i cannot see

btw i did my bmt at SBMT Hotel Coy

smalltake were you my instructor? you must be old

i remember a cpl chow

he told us that his daughter name will be CB :)

btw i did my bmt at SBMT Hotel Coy

smalltake were you my instructor? you must be old

i remember a cpl chow

he told us that his daughter name will be CB :)

Hahahh...... he must be my senior!! lolx

My uncle was under them before. He said when they shouted FALL IN, there are soldiers who literally jump down from the 4th floor.... bec all scared to be last - sure kena punished one. Sounds scary man....... :eek:
jump from 4th floor? sure or not... leg got break? :bsmilie:

jump from 4th floor? sure or not... leg got break? :bsmilie:

Soldiers at that time are highly strung, especially they were trained under the Isaraelis. This is true lah, no joke. You think last time army like now, publish in papers and complain here and there one eh? Last time no welfare one........... I have seen pictures of pants standing....... without people wearing it hor......

:(

ah the max 20 pushup rule

once i had my newbirds do area cleaning before they can go home for the weekend

and every mistake they made will owe me 20
in the end they owe me 80 push ups

on the count of 20 they all hold it there, i told them the rule and that they must rest before they can cont.
but the ferry was leaving soon ..... :devil:

so i closed my eyes and say if they want to do all 80 i cannot see

evil... u sound like my PS back in gryphon coy tekkong... :sweat:

Soldiers at that time are highly strung, especially they were trained under the Isaraelis. This is true lah, no joke. You think last time army like now, publish in papers and complain here and there one eh? Last time no welfare one........... I have seen pictures of pants standing....... without people wearing it hor......

:(
shirt n pants standing got. my father's one was like that. but 4th storey. its unbelievable. if u jump down like that, confirm break limp. people even died from jumping from 4th floor. Unless they are Parkour. Maybe not jump directly, is holding onto the edge and quickly jump from floor to floor. sometimes army stories I never believe 100% coz the story often morphed from mouth to mouth and sometimes exaggerated

evil... u sound like my PS back in gryphon coy tekkong... :sweat:

Gryphon?
SGT Yan, Martin and Teo?
Evil men....

Or LT Cyril Lim... very fierce

hehe, familiar names. Cyril Lim now so fatty fatty bom bom! See his face with funny postures at the photo studio at Suntec I want to laugh. If I remember correctly, one G'Coy CPL became an architect at SAA, another CPL became a maths professor at NUS.

1st night at PL27, LTA Ong (who was going to ROD) told us, "Hell got many people, don't join them for the wrong reasons". I think they were afraid one or two REC would commit suicide.

Last edited:
Maths professor?

This chap used to hit us on the head with the steel helmets!

My schoolmate broke his leg during the long march - Azman or something like that.

ITD 89

ITD.jpg

hehe, familiar names. Cyril Lim now so fatty fatty bom bom! See his face with funny postures at the photo studio at Suntec I want to laugh. If I remember correctly, one G'Coy CPL became an architect at SAA, another CPL became a maths professor at NUS.

That's Cyril and Sean in the center.
The maths professor I think is Chan HH.
He's not in the picture so I guessed he already ROD by then.
Pete & other ex-Gryphonites, should we use PM instead, I was thinking others may start to think this has become a personal thread?

Army life may not had been honeymoon. I accept it as a way of life as a Singaporean male, curse and swear as we did in the active time, I believe many of us accept it that we had to do it and look forward to the annual in camp training and see each other platoon mates again after one year. I may think that my training was tough, but when I think of my friends who went to Commando, I think I had it easy compared to them, so I should'nt complain too much.

Last edited:
And Monkey God.. no less... :bsmilie::bsmilie: :sweat:

OMG !! his stories still live on !! at least he help us bann alot of PT lessons wahahahhah

Now morning no area cleaning !!!! WTH
AIR CON BUS !!!! WTF

OMG !! his stories still live on !! at least he help us bann alot of PT lessons wahahahhah

AIR CON BUS !!!! WTF

Monkey God? The PTI who went into DB... LOL
I can still remember how tortured us during my BMT.
Anyway, I can remember, he is particularly afraid of one Encik, but I can remember his actual name, right now.

Chan?
He was in charge of Platoon 25, Cat C platoon.
I saw him a few times when I was a student in NUS. Even saw Sean too.

As for taking this to a new thread, why not have a look at this:
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=46125.0

We found a lot of our old school mates and we have met and chatted ever since.

Cheers

That's Cyril and Sean in the center.
The maths professor I think is Chan HH.
He's not in the picture so I guessed he already ROD by then.
Pete & other ex-Gryphonites, should we use PM instead, I was thinking others may start to think this has become a personal thread?

Army life may not had been honeymoon. I accept it as a way of life as a Singaporean male, curse and swear as we did in the active time, I believe many of us accept it that we had to do it and look forward to the annual in camp training and see each other platoon mates again after one year. I may think that my training was tough, but when I think of my friends who went to Commando, I think I had it easy compared to them, so I should'nt complain too much.

Last edited:
I remember Monkey God too...

and my ICT starts tomorrow!

AIR CON BUS !!!! WTF

Monkey God? The PTI who went into DB... LOL
I can still remember how tortured us during my BMT.
Anyway, I can remember, he is particularly afraid of one Encik, but I can remember his actual name, right now.

I remember Monkey God too...

and my ICT starts tomorrow!

Medicine ball PT....

Log PT

Rifle PT

Pizza Hut number (at the field)
Shakey's Pizza number (at the field)

:sweat:

I know of a person who serve 6 years NS... guess what and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.