Yishun MRT - Whatsup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This statement is just wrong. Someone just lost his life. Can u imagine if it was a friend or relative of yours and u hear a comment like this? It's like someone just died and all u can think about is..why can't u die somewhere else? Just hope that we see human life more than a one morning inconvenience in our way to work.

Scolded by boss and job security at risk...hmm...i think this would be a recurring late behavior that's amounted to the job security and scolding...

If this is happening every week, i think there are bigger issues that we need to be thinking about...and just because it's happening everyweek, I don't think we should stop having compassion for the suffering of others...famine is still going on everywhere in the world, women getting raped every few minutes, children being abused every hour..are we suppose to stop feeling compassion for them?

Reading all your posts and I think your thinking seems to be special imo.

A person who lost his life because he do not treasure it and those who kana raped or die due to famine is totally different thing.

AND

A person who commit suicide to escape he reality and cause lot of troubles to other innocent people is :thumbsd:

Oh right, you are really a compassionate person. :thumbsup:

This statement is just wrong. Someone just lost his life. Can u imagine if it was a friend or relative of yours and u hear a comment like this? It's like someone just died and all u can think about is..why can't u die somewhere else? Just hope that we see human life more than a one morning inconvenience in our way to work.

and scary, i have heard similar comments from people around me, all they care is why make my mrt travel so inconvenient..

I don't agree with the idea of suicide. I believe in having compassion for the pain and suffering of others.

Having compassion for a suicide victim is to empathise with the desperation and pain that he/she was feeling when they decided to do so. The sorrow that the family members will feel.

That's why we have support groups right? Because we emphatise with their pain and want to help them work through their pain. It's not that we want to prevent suicide incidents that would cause inconvenience right? Doubt that the agenda of the support groups.

I guess what disturbs me that a life is lost and how indifferent some felt towards the loss of life. As I have mentioned earlier, we don't need to feel anything, but the least we can do is not feel indifferent or be insensitive.

If a loss of life is cannot cause a slight inconvenience on the routine schedule of catching an MRT, I am not sure how tuachung it has to be to cause that inconvenience..I sure hope my thinking is NOT that special.

If all of us show some sympathy to everyone who jumped the tracks, you will be encouraging more people to do it, for the sake of profiting $500,000. That is why the papers seldom publish suicides, unless special case or story.

What we should do is to condemn such acts. Not only for jumping onto tracks, but also any other form of suicide. Tell them that the burden that they were carrying is only being passed onto someone else, i.e.: family.

HI AReality, when you are in trouble, and worried and in fear..you do know that you are a burden to people around you, right? People who walk to that end needs help, that's all.

I don't agree with the idea of suicide. I believe in having compassion for the pain and suffering of others.

Having compassion for a suicide victim is to empathise with the desperation and pain that he/she was feeling when they decided to do so. The sorrow that the family members will feel.

That's why we have support groups right? Because we emphatise with their pain and want to help them work through their pain. It's not that we want to prevent suicide incidents that would cause inconvenience right? Doubt that the agenda of the support groups.

I guess what disturbs me that a life is lost and how indifferent some felt towards the loss of life. As I have mentioned earlier, we don't need to feel anything, but the least we can do is not feel indifferent or be insensitive.

If a loss of life is cannot cause a slight inconvenience on the routine schedule of catching an MRT, I am not sure how tuachung it has to be to cause that inconvenience..I sure hope my thinking is NOT that special.

Hi FrogLAH,

I agree with you.

Most if not all will have certain degree of sympathy for someone who die.
To die unnaturally is by own decision.
So to die and cause so many trouble to innocent people around is not encourage at all, you can always choose somewhere else or other methods.

End of my view.

So to die and cause so many trouble to innocent people around is not encourage at all, you can always choose somewhere else or other methods.

End of my view.

I agree totally... there is 101 ways to die (i think there is more now...) but question is, why is it so simple for ppl to jump into the path of the MRT?

Last time, dunno which case, a lady died, then they dun have footage, dunno if she commited or murder... now i dunno if the CCTV is even up anot... next question... y is it after so long, yet there isn't a barricade or fence to prevent such incidence? Shouldn't the main problem be to prevent such events from happening next time than to actually find the cause of death? If these precautions doesnt' come up, we'll probably see it coming every other day... compassion will surely die off after this... and everybody will be surely indifferent... and next, everyone will convert to lecture the immediate families instead of showing compassion...

End of my view.

what is the trouble and inconvenience it has caused? 1 hour late for work?1hour late for breakfast?1 hour late to meet sweetheart?1 hour late to attend lecture?

Have you been 1 hour late for work, breakfast, meeting sweetheart and attending lecture? you do, right? and should be many times, sleep late, seeing a friend and chichat, boss not around, the lecturer is boring.. ya just because all this is on your own favour, so u won't mind it, but you just can't stand it when it is caused by OTHERS..what is bigger than life?

what is the trouble and inconvenience it has caused? 1 hour late for work?1hour late for breakfast?1 hour late to meet sweetheart?1 hour late to attend lecture?

Have you been 1 hour late for work, breakfast, meeting sweetheart and attending lecture? you do, right? and should be many times, sleep late, seeing a friend and chichat, boss not around, the lecturer is boring.. ya just because all this is on your own favour, so u won't mind it, but you just can't stand it when it is caused by OTHERS..what is bigger than life?

Alamak my view end already but you trigger me to reply :devil:

Life is a wonder and maybe the biggest!
SO treasure it! Love it! Face it! AND DON'T END IT!
Most of all, don't make life miserable for others. Be it 1 hour or 1 mins.

End of my view (2)

not the 1 hour late to meet sweetheart and to have breakfast...
instead...
an hour late to open shop to capture sales for a shop owner
an hour late to prepare food to sell for hawker
an hour late to attend an oversea tele-conference that involve 1 important customer
an hour late to listen to the last advice from your mentor that is dying at hospital
an hour late to....

how about all those money and man hours put in for investigation and clearing the scene for someone that is sick of living in this world?
I will not symphatize those that does not treasure themself and their families and jump down the track to end his/her life.

**end of my view**

I dun think most of the people here have ever experienced the level of despair that drives them to suicide.

I hardly stand at the rear of the MRT n even I do, it was during underground station. So, recently, I stand ard there n I notice something which could prevent such accident to happen again if MRT decided not to install any barrier for ground station.

They should reduce the speed of the MRT while approaching station. They can stop for other train to pass, why not before the station, they reduce to 20 km/h? Judge from the speed they approaching the station, abt 50km/h or more. For braking in a instance from that speed is impossible and so, got ppl die in the end. Therefore, best is for them to reduce speed till 20km/h before entering the station n therefore, they could brake in time if some ppl decided to jump or by accident. On top of that, ppl inside the train also feel safer if someone jump n the train jam brake.

Really hope the MRT will make some amendment on it. :)

End of my view.

Death is death, loss of life. Natural or unnatural, a life is lost. In the loss of life, all we can feel is the inconvenience it's causing us, that's quite a sad situation. Imagine, if one died, and what others think about is "SOB ah, couldn't he/she have died somewhere else..now i have to freaking take the bus!" OR "Crap! Have to take leave to attend the funeral, how troublesome"

Having sympathy for loss of life is by no means encouraging suicide or death. Its a reflection on how one values life (own and others).

I dun think most of the people here have ever experienced the level of despair that drives them to suicide.

I agree..i think a lot just sees it TOO superficially and even have a perverted perception of it.

I travel to Taipei a lot. Take the subway very often too. In normal operation, there's are officers with batons and freaking whistles to make sure that people are standing behind the yellow line. He'd pretty much blow the whistle in your face if you step beyond the line.

A few months ago, i heard they had a case of a jumper. After that, i started seeing barricades up along the track except to the doors of the train. And now, i realised that it's up at all stations and stops.

not the 1 hour late to meet sweetheart and to have breakfast...
instead...
an hour late to open shop to capture sales for a shop owner
an hour late to prepare food to sell for hawker
an hour late to attend an oversea tele-conference that involve 1 important customer
an hour late to listen to the last advice from your mentor that is dying at hospital
an hour late to....

how about all those money and man hours put in for investigation and clearing the scene for someone that is sick of living in this world?
I will not symphatize those that does not treasure themself and their families and jump down the track to end his/her life.

**end of my view**

Hmm...no sympathy for loss of life? wow..

it is infectious. from singaporeans to young foreign worker. looked like they have 'caught' our infectious disease.

the cctv may not be functioning for the same reason photography is not allowed. They scared ppl use the recorded tapes to plan terroist attack? want to die go somewhere else to die, why inconvenience others. Last month my friend knock some crazy guy who suddenly out infront of his car. The guy was argueing with his GF/wife den decided to commit suicide by jumping into my friend's path. My friend got demerit points, have free coffee at police station, pay fines somemore for careless driving. Police said as long as you knock someone its careless driving, no arguement. stupid rule.

i have no sympaty for ppl who commit suicide. for their family yes. its damm stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.