Yishun MRT - Whatsup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone is holding a deathnote...

There is something strange in this phenomenon...

EW25 then
EW23

then its

NS10 then
NS13

so next would be...

EW5
EW3

KIRA is trying to tell us something... (effect of hallucination of Death Note)

Buying toto this thursday with these numbers. 3,5,10,13,23,25

Er... Death note inside have to write in japanese or any language also can?

Why don't he be sensative to the 20000++ people stranded, while on their way to earn some money?

Maybe accident or "misadventure" as the judges like to record it ? The police didn't say leh.

That's 2 cases of suicide on the MRT track in 4 days. One case happen on last Friday at Admiralty MRT and today another case at Yishun. How I know was becos the Friday's case was a young man staying at my block.....

But not sure why there was no coverage on the newspaper this evening. I think SMRT may be trying to downplay all these suicide cases....

These people...
They should not be killed.
Better if they are maimed for life.

Why don't he be sensative to the 20000++ people stranded, while on their way to earn some money?

This statement is just wrong. Someone just lost his life. Can u imagine if it was a friend or relative of yours and u hear a comment like this? It's like someone just died and all u can think about is..why can't u die somewhere else? Just hope that we see human life more than a one morning inconvenience in our way to work.

That's 2 cases of suicide on the MRT track in 4 days. One case happen on last Friday at Admiralty MRT and today another case at Yishun. How I know was becos the Friday's case was a young man staying at my block.....

But not sure why there was no coverage on the newspaper this evening. I think SMRT may be trying to downplay all these suicide cases....

i guess the management of SMRT and LTA should be doing something now to prevent all these. Maybe put up barricades ! We carried the reputation of a good transport system.. can't let all these go on and on.. :think:

if I'm not wrong..this is wat I heard fm tour guide while in Jap...they fine the family members for e disruption to the system...thats why alot of Jap rather hang themselves in the woods n theres not much of such accidents

if I'm not wrong..this is wat I heard fm tour guide while in Jap...they fine the family members for e disruption to the system...thats why alot of Jap rather hang themselves in the woods n theres not much of such accidents

Not really sure where your point is about Japan's practises. I don't think I would feel too happy if I am fined for such incident. Not because of financial loss but rather feel betrayed and disappointed by such a system. What about u? How would you feel if the singapore government system sent you a bill in your moment of grief or bill you for the loss of your loved one? If we can show compassion to injured animals, hope the least we can do is show the same compassion to the dead and those grieving. We are suppose to be an educated, civilised and cultured society after all, are we not? Actually, we dun really have to feel anything but the least we can do is not be insensitive and cold about the loss of a human life.

If upon the news of death, all we can think about is 'damn! now i have to go take a bus', then something is quite wrong.

Not really sure where your point is about Japan's practises. I don't think I would feel too happy if I am fined for such incident. Not because of financial loss but rather feel betrayed and disappointed by such a system. What about u? How would you feel if the singapore government system sent you a bill in your moment of grief or bill you for the loss of your loved one? If we can show compassion to injured animals, hope the least we can do is show the same compassion to the dead and those grieving. We are suppose to be an educated, civilised and cultured society after all, are we not? Actually, we dun really have to feel anything but the least we can do is not be insensitive and cold about the loss of a human life.

If upon the news of death, all we can think about is 'damn! now i have to go take a bus', then something is quite wrong.

If all of us show some sympathy to everyone who jumped the tracks, you will be encouraging more people to do it, for the sake of profiting $500,000. That is why the papers seldom publish suicides, unless special case or story.

What we should do is to condemn such acts. Not only for jumping onto tracks, but also any other form of suicide. Tell them that the burden that they were carrying is only being passed onto someone else, i.e.: family.

For ur info,train can't hit anyone but people can hit TRAIN ;) Unless the train go over the track n hit the passenger aite...:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
From the news, train hit either a man or woman

Well said indeed! If the future of Singapore is going to be made up of youths with compassion like yours, I shudder at the thought of living here.

Well said indeed! If the future of Singapore is going to be made up of youths with compassion like yours, I shudder at the thought of living here.

I hear you...and I dunno how showing compassion can be mixed up with up with encouraging suicide on MRT track or suicide...kinda interesting how different or indifferent people can be..

If all of us show some sympathy to everyone who jumped the tracks, you will be encouraging more people to do it, for the sake of profiting $500,000. That is why the papers seldom publish suicides, unless special case or story.

What we should do is to condemn such acts. Not only for jumping onto tracks, but also any other form of suicide. Tell them that the burden that they were carrying is only being passed onto someone else, i.e.: family.

It is not the sympathy that is encouraging it, it is the 500 000 reimbursement (I am not sure what this is about) that's encouraging it. And for one to contemplate suicide, it's the pain and desperation that they are feeling that's encouraging the suicide..not the symptahy that others feel for the victim...I don't think the last thought that victim has in mind is "WOOHOO!!! now people will have sympathy for me".

I hear you...and I dunno how showing compassion can be mixed up with up with encouraging suicide on MRT track or suicide...kinda interesting how different or indifferent people can be..

hi i think he is referring to the economic impact by the disruption of train services.. some people maybe late for work and scolded by bosses... job security at risk.

yes.. we do feel sad about this suicide news and ought to have compassion for victim.. however on the other hand.. are we going to accomodate the same way if it happens almost every week ? think ? :sweat:

Downplay?

Think for a moment, put urself IN THE MANAGEMENT SHOES of SMRT. What would you do? ;)

hi i think he is referring to the economic impact by the disruption of train services.. some people maybe late for work and scolded by bosses... job security at risk.

yes.. we do feel sad about this suicide news and ought to have compassion for victim.. however on the other hand.. are we going to accomodate the same way if it happens almost every week ? think ? :sweat:

Scolded by boss and job security at risk...hmm...i think this would be a recurring late behavior that's amounted to the job security and scolding...

If this is happening every week, i think there are bigger issues that we need to be thinking about...and just because it's happening everyweek, I don't think we should stop having compassion for the suffering of others...famine is still going on everywhere in the world, women getting raped every few minutes, children being abused every hour..are we suppose to stop feeling compassion for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.